Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Family tries to get marriage license for 13-year-old

She's pregnant by man, 27

By BRAD DICKERSON

Highlands Today
    Published: July 31, 2010

LAKE PLACID - A Lake Placid man was arrested Thursday on allegations that he had sex more than once with a 13-year-old girl, which led to her getting pregnant.

Pedro Valladares Martinez, 27, of Sudburry Drive, Lake Placid, was charged with lewd and lascivious acts on a victim 12 to 16 years of age.

He remained in the Highlands County Jail Friday under a $50,000 bond.

Law enforcement was alerted about the two after Highlands County Courthouse employees called and said the girl's family was trying to get a marriage license for her and Martinez, according to the Lake Placid Police Department.

"Interviews with the suspect and the victim found that sex occurred more than once at the victim's residence in Lake Placid, and resulted in the victim becoming pregnant," according to a press release.

Lake Placid Police Office Eddie San Miguel investigated the case and made the arrest.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jul/31 ... or-13-yea/

Unfortunately that is there culture and they don't care about our way of life or our laws. I have seen so much and heard so much of this nonsense that I am not surprised anymore. There was a case where I called family and child on a mother who was a drug addict and had sex for drugs and her 14 year old daughter was not going to school and having sex with all kinds of men. Infact I heard the mother and daughter fight over the same man. When I called DCF to report it one man told me it's okay it's their culture once he learned that the mother was Colombian. I had to call back and demand a supervisor to have something done about it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Interviews with the suspect and the victim found that sex occurred more than once at the victim's residence in Lake Placid, and resulted in the victim becoming pregnant," according to a press release.
    Why haven't the parents been charged too?

What "culture" tells them this is acceptable, when in the US, it is NOT acceptable to rape children!

As a latina brought up in the latin culture, my parents would have rather seen me dead than an unwed mother! To have sex outside of marriage was a sin and to get knocked up was to bring shame to our family. I don't know where these people are from, but it is not part of hispanic cultuire to do things like this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Why haven't the parents been charged too?

What "culture" tells them this is acceptable, when in the US, it is NOT acceptable to rape children!

As a latina brought up in the latin culture, my parents would have rather seen me dead than an unwed mother! To have sex outside of marriage was a sin and to get knocked up was to bring shame to our family. I don't know where these people are from, but it is not part of hispanic cultuire to do things like this.
    I don't know what country your family came from as there are those who are more civilized than others. In Miami we see alot of these teenage women with men in their 20's. Just last week a 16 year old and her father were stabbed by her 29 year old boyfriend. She started seeing this guy wihen she was 15. There are cases where the hospital calls police when a minor has a baby and the dad is in his mid to late 20's. There was also a case in Hialeah where a man in his late 20's shot and killed his girlfriend who was 16 or 17 as well as injured others where she worked. He paid to have her smuggled in from Cuba. Alot of this stuff involves Cubans who came from the 80's on and certain South American countries depending how and where they were raised.