Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Farmers Branch Tenants Leaving Their Apartments

http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_sto ... 14322.html

Farmers Branch Tenants Leaving Their Apartments
    The Effects Of Anti-Illegal Immigration Ordinances Are Already Being Felt

Brooke Richie
    Reporting

(CBS 11 News) FARMERS BRANCH Apartment managers in Farmers Branch say that they are already seeing the effects of the ordinance that will prohibit them from renting to illegal immigrants. Tenants, they say, are moving out, being wooed away by other cities in many cases. Even apartment complex owners are not sure their businesses have a future.

"I probably figure a year and a half, and we'll bulldoze it," said Andrew Mongeons on London Villa and Villa Creek Apartments.

The city's rental law is not even in effect, yet it weighs heavily on him. "I've already lost probably 10 percent, I guess," he said. "Whatever I lost from this point on, I'll never replace."

The concern of Mongeons spells opportunity for someone else. Fliers are blanketing some Farmers Branch apartment complexes in an effort to lure tenants to more immigrant-friendly cities.

'No papers? No problem!' one ad promises.

'Here, we value our residents tremendously' says another.

Kathy Carlton of the Apartment Association of Greater Dallas calls the trend disturbing. "For our apartment members, it's been a real hit in their pocketbooks," she said, "because they have no control over this."

Carlton says that a mass exodus is already underway. "The end of November saw a slight rise in move-outs," she said. "We expect that the end of December will really be when the most of these folks who are worried about this ordinance will move out."

Some tenants say that the fliers, and the reality of the situation, may be reason enough to start looking.

"I suppose it will affect me because I am here illegally," Valvino Paredes, a tenant of London Villa Apartments, said in Spanish. "If the problem arises, I guess we'll have to move out."

"We're going to look for something, and whatever comes up, we'll just do it before they kick us out without a reason," said another tenant named Maria.

A spokesperson for Farmers Branch did not want to comment on the apartment situation, except to say that the city is still trying to determine the best method for implementing the ordinance.

April
    "I probably figure a year and a half, and we'll bulldoze it," said Andrew Mongeons on London Villa and Villa Creek Apartments.
    This is probably because they are so trashed from illegals living in them they cannot be inhabited again.

The concern of Mongeons spells opportunity for someone else. Fliers are blanketing some Farmers Branch apartment complexes in an effort to lure tenants to more immigrant-friendly cities.
    'No papers? No problem!' one ad promises.
    OMG will the greed never end.....idiots promoting the illegal invasion!

Kathy Carlton of the Apartment Association of Greater Dallas calls the trend disturbing. "For our apartment members, it's been a real hit in their pocketbooks," she said, "because they have no control over this."
    YES take the control away from a least some of these greedy promoters of America's demise!

"I suppose it will affect me because I am here illegally," Valvino Paredes, a tenant of London Villa Apartments, said in Spanish. "If the problem arises, I guess we'll have to move out."
    Please move out and move on..............further and further south to your homeland!