Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by camilleinchicago
    There was initial confusion regarding the identity of the suspect, Alvarez said, because Labeet's girlfriend, who was apprehended at the scene of the shootings, gave authorities the wrong name. "She purposely misled and delayed our investigation," he said.
    Throw her in jail.

[quote:30gyjy2e]Labeet had stolen the identity of another man, Kevin Wehner, 30, Alvarez said, and had been using Wehner's name and identification. That was the name initially given to police.
    This is yet another angle of the identity theft problem. What if some illegal steals your ID and commits a murder? Some SWAT team could storm your house, kick in the front door and shoot you if you happened to be standing in the kitchen cutting up a chicken because you were 'armed' with a butcher knife.

This gets crazier and crazier each week. Plus now that they have killed him, they conveniently probably won't tell us whether he was illegal or not.[/quote:30gyjy2e]

but that is ok, if they steal your identity and the cops kill you in error, all they have to do is say sorry about that. On the other hand if they insult an illegal, they are racist and have lost all credibility with the people.

(anybody out there have a "gagging" avatar I can borrow?)
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

swatchick: Do you have any way of working any contacts in the area to find if the perp was in fact legal or not? Just curious. That would be extremely useful here to us...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    swatchick: Do you have any way of working any contacts in the area to find if the perp was in fact legal or not? Just curious. That would be extremely useful here to us...
    I also would love to know this.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    Quote Originally Posted by camilleinchicago
    There was initial confusion regarding the identity of the suspect, Alvarez said, because Labeet's girlfriend, who was apprehended at the scene of the shootings, gave authorities the wrong name. "She purposely misled and delayed our investigation," he said.
    Throw her in jail.

[quote:19rumky9]Labeet had stolen the identity of another man, Kevin Wehner, 30, Alvarez said, and had been using Wehner's name and identification. That was the name initially given to police.
    This is yet another angle of the identity theft problem. What if some illegal steals your ID and commits a murder? Some SWAT team could storm your house, kick in the front door and shoot you if you happened to be standing in the kitchen cutting up a chicken because you were 'armed' with a butcher knife.

This gets crazier and crazier each week. Plus now that they have killed him, they conveniently probably won't tell us whether he was illegal or not.
    but that is ok, if they steal your identity and the cops kill you in error, all they have to do is say sorry about that. On the other hand if they insult an illegal, they are racist and have lost all credibility with the people.

(anybody out there have a "gagging" avatar I can borrow?)[/quote:19rumky9]

I agree -THROW THAT WOMAN IN JAIL!
    That's true about IDENTITY THEFT. There are so many ILLEGAL ALIENS running around with several alisas and stolen id's. I think that if an illegal alien is caught using fake id's, all their fake aliases should each receive individual sentences. So if one of them is caught for murder, each alias should be tried for murder too. That will put them away for a long time. Just dreaming.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That's true about IDENTITY THEFT. There are so many ILLEGAL ALIENS running around with several alisas and stolen id's. I think that if an illegal alien is caught using fake id's, all their fake aliases should each receive individual sentences. So if one of them is caught for murder, each alias should be tried for murder too. That will put them away for a long time. Just dreaming.
    I would love to see that happen!

I have many comments on this one. The man killed was not an illegal but I am pushing for the police to get immigration status on his girlfriend and friends due to their looks and last names. She was the one that gave the wrong name to police and was the white person with black hair that was originally mentioned in the BOLO. Then he went to other friends of his house where he shaved and changed clothes and they helped get him out of the area. In fact SWAT members went into that house as was shown on TV and were told by an owner that the son had shaved as he had a job interview. The girlfriend is in jail as are 2 other males and another female who assisted him. The shoot out was good as he was shot in the head and over 100 rounds of ammunition was used. It occurred at his mother's condo.
    Now what really got me going is at the area where residents were not allowed access to their homes were lots of illegals. If you watched the news you would have seen it. In Miami as much as people try to claim profiling, you can tell who some of them are by the way they act and dress. Legals who speak Spanish in public are usually dressed alot nicer even if they don't wear designer clothing and the women wear some makeup. They also have better hygiene practices than many illegals. It really irked me that we couldn't get ICE involved at the time. They could have round up several bus loads. Another interesting fact was when the Red Cross came and handed out food for those who could not return to their homes they gave out Mexican food. The meal I saw had rice beans and a burrito.

Take a look at those who aided and abeted him.
    http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_257182022.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I HAVE THESE KINDS OF DREAMS ALL THE TIME.

Thanks for the update swatchick - must appreciated.
    Hope all your colleagues are a-ok. Of course, I'm very sorry that one officer was killed and others injured.

It appears that the initial reporting I had caught on the story (via CNN TV, not online) involved a local reporter's comments and they proved to be incorrect - many apologies to all for the inaccuracy.... oh well.
    Nevertheless, the story is still important for a variety of reasons.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123