Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FL: Protesters and counter-protesters at Dobbs talk

Protesters and counter-protesters at Dobbs talk
    By TIFFANY LANKES

tiffany.lankes@heraldtribune.com

SARASOTA -- About 100 people turned out today to show either their support or opposition for conservative television reporter Lou Dobbs, who came to town to speak at the Sarasota Reading Festival..

About 50 protesters and 50 supporters stood outside the First United Methodist Church in downtown Sarasota waiting for Dobbs to make his entrance.

Another 500 people stood in line waiting to get into Dobbs’ presentation.

Demonstrators carried signs reflecting both sides of the debate over illegal immigration. Dobbs started making his way into the church about a half-hour before he was scheduled to speak, stopping to sign books for dozens of fans who crowded around him.

Protesters walked up and down the street, playing drums and chanting.
    After learning about the protesters, Dobbs stepped away from his fans and went to talk to them.

The demonstrations were peaceful, with police officers standing by to intervene in any altercations.

Last modified: November 03. 2007 4:45PM

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20 ... S/71103013

My Mom and 5 of her Senior Citizen friends were there! I couldn't have been more proud of her!

What got her friends in on the deal was the announcement that a Company that sits on the Manatee- Sarasota county line is closing at the end of the year. They made car parts, but are now moving to Mexico... thanks again "W"... NOT!!!

What I'd give to shake his hand and say thank you!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's only fair to count this 500 for our side, so we outnumbered them pretty handily.

He is one highly respected man by the American people. He had the courage to speak up for us and to put the FACTS and FIGURES out there right before the world and the president of the USA who preferred that the FACTS and FIGURES not be discussed......even though the American people knew more about them than he knew, or cared to face up to and admit.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor

It's only fair to count this 500 for our side, so we outnumbered them pretty handily.
    That's what I noticed right away as well. 10 x the number of protestors...hmmmm, that says a lot about popular opinion and Lou Dobbs.

Another traitor moves to Mexico! I wish they would stop calling them American companies once they move out of the country!!

I would love to see Lou also! I have the greatest respect for him. wish I new what he said to the people picketing him?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

wish I new what he said to the people picketing him?
    Most likely, nothing.

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    For anyone who might like to shake the hand of the great Lou Dobbs, this link has the schedule for his Independent's Day Tour

http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Events/Ev ... 07,00.html

I just have to say, "LOU DOBBS ROCKS"!!!

announcement that a Company that sits on the Manatee- Sarasota county line is closing at the end of the year.
    Freightliner Corporation here in Portland is doing the same thing here. Our local paper is so busy trying to legalize murderers and rapists who are here illegally, they barely noticed or acknowledged that 300 jobs were lost. and off to Mexico they go...sad.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast