Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

FL-Woman admits she made up child kidnapping story

Woman admits she made up child kidnapping story

By Cindy Swirko

Published: Friday, December 4, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.
    Last Modified: Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 11:52 p.m.

A Gainesville woman who reported to police last week that her husband's ex-girlfriend had tried to kidnap her child, touching off a major investigation, has been charged with filing a false report for allegedly making the whole thing up.

Maria Rivera, 23, was arrested Wednesday after Gainesville Police Detective Joe Mayo confronted her with his suspicions that the attempted abduction and an assault did not happen.

Mayo said portions of Rivera's story did not add up, and what evidence did exist did not back up her statements.

"It was all made up - the whole darn thing," Mayo said. "She said the reason she made it up was the anger and jealousy over the ex-girlfriend.

"She said the ex-girlfriend showed up at the apartment and said, 'I'm going to take your husband away. He's going to leave with me, he's been sending me money behind your back.' She believed that girl and wanted to hurt and injure her," Mayo said.

Rivera told police on Nov. 23 that Guillermina Perez Limon, the ex-girlfriend of Rivera's husband, Arturo Martinez, was in a black pickup with four men that drove up to Rivera and her 18-month-old daughter at a bus stop on Windmeadows Boulevard near the Butler Plaza Publix.

Three of the men jumped out to assault Rivera and take her baby, Rivera told police. The assailant who had the baby was run over by a man on a bicycle, she reported. That allowed Rivera to grab the child and run to Publix. She was taken to Shands at the University of Florida after she fainted at Publix.

Mayo said Publix surveillance video showed Rivera casually walking toward the store, not frantically running with her daughter.

The video did not show the fleeing truck, which it should have if the incident were true. The video also shows other people in the area at the time the assault would have occurred, Mayo said, adding that no witnesses came forward.

"It was an incredible waste of resources. At times I had six detectives helping me on the case. We put (police) units at her residence to make sure they were not attacked at the residence," Mayo said. "We contacted U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the FBI. A lot of resources were used."

Rivera is not a documented U.S. resident and could face deportation, Mayo said. Martinez was shocked when he learned Rivera made up the story, Mayo said.

Rivera was released from the Alachua County jail into the custody of Immigrations and Customs Enforcement.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/2009 ... ping-story
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I guess she wants to go back home at the taxpayers expense. There has been alot of illegals committing various crimes and then telling police they are here illegally. Usually they attempt to shoplift and make it obvious.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)