Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Flight Plans? DHS May Resume Airlifting Mexican Illegals Bac

http://www.cq.com/corp/crawford/20050408B_homeland.html

CQ HOMELAND SECURITY – BORDER SECURITY
    April 8, 2005 – 8:28 p.m.
    Flight Plans? DHS May Resume Airlifting Mexican Illegals Back Home
    By Zack Phillips, CQ Staff
    The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is thinking about resuming a program to transport illegal aliens back to their hometowns in Mexico, rather than the present practice of expelling them at the Arizona border.

The main clue that it might renew a program that was tried out last year was an unheralded notice from the department’s Bureau of Customs and Border Protection that it is looking for a firm to provide charter flights from Tucson to Mexico, posted online April 6.

Queried about the initiative, DHS officials, legally barred from releasing details of a procurement before an official solicitation, would not confirm that the notice referred to last year’s interior repatriation program. But the similarities are uniform.

Last year’s pilot program, which ran from July 16 through September, allowed detained illegal immigrants from Mexico to volunteer for flights from Tucson to Mexico City and Guadalajara, where buses would return them to their hometowns.

The presolicitation notice posted online last week called for a contractor that could operate the charter flights, provide security and medical services on the plane, and have staff, buses and other “facilities� to help Mexican authorities unload and transport the passengers.

DHS officials cautioned that the announcement â€â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CAn you believe they spent $15 million to fly illegals back last year.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Charles, posted this one on the Home Page. Thanks for the good article!!!

http://www.alipac.us/article-337--0-0.html

What a waste of money? Wouldn't a bus be cheaper? Just looks like another way for Mexico to rip us off of our tax dollars.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It would be easier to tell Mexico we are going to declare war on them if they don't stop telling their people to come here illegally and don't start providing some help to guard the border. Enough is enough with illegal immigrants. We can't afford to have all the world's poor here. Time to start deporting some of this law breaking slime.

I say we should charge Mexico for every flight back or Bus and for every illegal that is found on US soil and are in Jails. It makes sense to me why not the politicians. I understand that it might be hard to get them to pay it but their are other ways they could compensate the US such as a barrel of oil per illegal, they don’t pay we sanction Mexico and squeeze them until they comply.

Acidrain

Quote Originally Posted by Acidrain
    I say we should charge Mexico for every flight back or Bus and for every illegal that is found on US soil and are in Jails. It makes sense to me why not the politicians. I understand that it might be hard to get them to pay it but their are other ways they could compensate the US such as a barrel of oil per illegal, they don’t pay we sanction Mexico and squeeze them until they comply.

Acidrain
    A barrel of oil is getting off cheap. If an illegal costs $17,000 a year to detain in prison, that is 425 barrels of oil at $40/barrel.

Now if 500 barrels per year were charged for every illegal in country . . . that might be workable.

If you can find it at $40.00 a barrel let me know I'll take out a loan and get a few hundred barrels.

Diesel

Transport illegals back by bus, plane or any mode of transportation.
    Didn't they walk here? Take them back to the border and tell them to 'get
    to walking'. Wait until they are out of sight. Keep troops on the border.