Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Former Mexican U.N. Envoy Killed Said US Treats Mexico Like

Sorry I couldn't get the whole title in the subject line before running out of space. I wonder if they will bury the former ambassador in his back yard?

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/interna ... inser.html

Former Mexican U.N. Envoy Killed in Wreck

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Published: June 5, 2005
    Filed at 10:35 p.m. ET

CUERNAVACA, Mexico (AP) -- Adolfo Aguilar Zinser, Mexico's former ambassador to the United Nations who was forced out of his job after saying the United States treats Mexico like a ''back yard,'' died Sunday in a car crash, police said. He was 55.

Known for his independent streak, Aguilar Zinser was a vocal critic of the United States' unilateral actions in Iraq during his tenure as U.N. ambassador. He left the position in late 2003 after a diplomatic flap touched off by his comments in November 2003.

In the 2003 discussion with university students in Mexico City, Aguilar Zinser said ''the understanding that the political and intellectual class of the United States has of Mexico is a country whose position is that of a back yard.''

Replacing Aguilar Zinser, Mexican President Vicente Fox denied he was under pressure from the United States -- which disapproved of the ambassador's opposition to U.S. actions in Iraq -- but because the diplomat's comments were an ''offense to Mexico'' and to him personally.

In an angry resignation letter, the ex-ambassador accused Fox of betraying a long-standing friendship and embarrassing him in order to improve relations with the United States.

Aguilar Zinser, who had been Mexico's national security adviser prior to his post at the United Nations, later became a critic of Fox and the president's conservative National Action Party, especially on matters of immigration policy.

The former left-leaning academic had once served as a senator with the Green Party and was a key operative in the 1994 campaign of leftist three-time presidential candidate Cuauhtemoc Cardenas. He later switching allegiances to work for the more Fox and was considered a key element in the president's attempt to attract support from the left.

Aguilar Zinzer was driving on a highway in the central Mexican state of Morelos when his sport utility vehicle jumped a highway divide and struck an oncoming bus, said Manuel Orozco, chief of federal police for Morelos state.

There was no immediate information on funeral arrangements.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Adolfo Aguilar Zinser, Mexico's former ambassador to the United Nations who was forced out of his job after saying the United States treats Mexico like a ''back yard,'' died Sunday in a car crash, police said. He was 55.
    My condolences to his family.
    That being said........
    Treating Mexico like a ''back yard,'' would be a compliment. They should be treated like the landfill they are. They dump their problems of us and complain if we don''t like it. I have read the Constitution and haven't found the place that says that we are responsible for Mexican citizens.
    Did I miss something??????
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Dataman, nope, you didn't miss anything. A post I put up last night was a harrangue about how we do so much for all the other countries of the world and what we get in return is insults, protests, flag burnings, whining of every kind. I get so dang weary of Mexico and every other country acting like we owe them. We owe them NOTHING. Certainly not taking their unwanted bodies by the millions.
    When we gonna wake up?