Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fox: Comment about blacks misinterpreted

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/ ... index.html
    Fox: Comment about blacks misinterpreted
    Mexican president won't apologize, aide says
    Tuesday, May 17, 2005 Posted: 2:05 PM EDT (1805 GMT)

Vicente Fox's comments enraged many Americans.

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (AP) -- President Vicente Fox's office on Tuesday insisted his comment that Mexicans work jobs blacks don't want in the United States was misinterpreted, a day after he told leaders in the U.S. black community that he regretted "any hurt feelings."

In a speech Friday, Fox praised the dedication of Mexicans working in the United States, saying they're willing to take jobs that "even blacks" won't do.

On Monday, he spoke with the Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton by telephone and told them: "I regret any hurt feelings caused by my statements."

The president maintains his comment was misinterpreted and a public apology is not forthcoming, presidential spokesman Ruben Aguilar said Tuesday.

"From the point of view of the president, the misinterpretation has been clarified with the affirmation by the president, with his repeated demonstrations of absolute respect for minorities, whatever their race, their ethnicity, their religion," Aguilar said.

On Monday, State Department spokesman Richard Boucher called the remark "very insensitive and inappropriate" and said the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City had raised the issue with the Mexican government.

But Aguilar said Mexico had received no formal complaint from the State Department, repeating the president's position that his remarks "were misinterpreted."

Asked whether an apology was on the way, Aguilar said "the point is closed."

Fox has invited Jackson and Sharpton to Mexico for talks aimed at improving the sometimes tense relationship between blacks and Hispanics in the United States. No date had been set.

The Mexican government delivered a diplomatic letter to the United States on Monday protesting laws requiring driver's license applicants to prove they are in the country legally and clearing the way for an extension of a border barrier wall along the California-Mexico border.

"This is an exaggeration," said Manuel Espino, leader of the conservative National Action Party. "There have been a lot harsher comments that come from north of the border, and we don't scream and shout about it."

Even Cardinal Norberto Rivera Carrera, the archbishop of Mexico City, criticized U.S. immigration policy as ridiculous and defended Fox's comments, saying: "The declaration had nothing to do with racism. It is a reality in the United States that anyone can prove."

While Mexico has a few, isolated black communities, the population is dominated by descendants of Mexico's Spanish colonizers and its native Indians.

Sixx says: Misinterpreted? English is my first language and I understand it pretty well. There is nothing to misinterprete. You can't call a bullet back once it has been fired, and this miscreant has fired the shot heard around the world. I went on the cut today, which is the street to those of you not well versed in my second language, and the young brothers, that frankly don't like mexicans in the first place are, should we say, none to happy.
    Dallas is a violent city as it is. November 22, 1963. This is going to have reprocussions of the magnitude not seen in Dallas since the 1980's. The only good thing about the timing of this moron making this statement now is the fact that school will be out in about a week. However, a week is a long time in the life of Dallas, Texas and the burbs around it. It gets really hot here in the summer. I'll bet next months salary that you will read in th national news about this situation soon. I will be carefully looking at the election results tonight from L.A. where they could elect their first mexican mayor, who I heard him say on Inside Politics that he "came in the back door". An illegal immigrant anchor baby as head of the what 2nd or 3rd largest city in the nation? Maxine Waters and all of the black "leaders" in L.A. standing by his side. This is a socioeconomic fight and it has been turned into a racial fight. The young brothers in south and west Dallas don't have jobs, can't hardly get into the schools because of the illegal anchor babies, and they don't have ANYTHING to lose. As far as I am concerned, whatever happens happens. But what happens in Dallas, unlike Las Vegas, does NOT STAY IN DALLAS!!!
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Maxine Waters and all of the black "leaders" in L.A. standing by his side. This is a socioeconomic fight and it has been turned into a racial fight.
    Excellent point. Why are the "black leaders" in support? Why does the black community seem to be quiet about illegal immigration?
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Quote Originally Posted by dataman
    Maxine Waters and all of the black "leaders" in L.A. standing by his side. This is a socioeconomic fight and it has been turned into a racial fight.
    Excellent point. Why are the "black leaders" in support? Why does the black community seem to be quiet about illegal immigration?
    Good question dataman. Here is the Sixx answer. It is true and comes from a black man:
    Waters, Jackson Lee, Conyers, Johnson, (my "Pimpette") the black congressman in your state are the elites.

They are called "Poverty Pimps". Just as a pimp uses the body of a woman for his own personal gain, these "Poverty Pimps" use the vast number of blacks for their own personal gain while feeding at the trough of the corporate interest. They make speeches during black history month, show up at all sorts of mindless events, and pretend to represent their constituents. It goes back to slavery time. The slave master would pick the most compliant slave to keep the others in line. It has not changed yet. The corporate criminals enlist these uncle toms/tomettes to do their dirty work. "Keep those blacks in your district distracted" "Don't let them see the Wizard of Oz". " We will pay you thousands, sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars to do our biding" They care no more about the little black people than I do about life on Mars. They come out and talk about what the "white man" is doing to "us" when it is convient.
    They want our votes, but they provide poor and in some cases non-exisentant service for the people in their districts. I made Johnson
    take care of the issues I had with the V.A. and DOD by writing a blistering letter to the editor of the Dallas Morning News. I had been in back and forth conversations with her office for weeks, hell months, and the fool that I was talking to just did not get it. The morning the letter ran, I got
    calls from her D.C. office and the district office in Dallas. "How can we help you, sir" "Yes, sir". Then I got calls from DOD and V.A., within an hour. Ten days letter, I had a check. Black preachers "prey" on, not pray for ,their congregations. They are the other half of the elite. Talk about "Poverty Pimps". The black church is mostly made up of little old women on fixed incomes. They are pressured, or blackmailed into giving the little money to these vermin so they(the preachers) can drive Cadilacs and wear fine suits to conferences where they fornicate with women from around the nation(see Henry Lyons) at the expense of the church members. All in the name of Jesus. It is disgusting. They don't like free black men because you CANNOT BLACMAIL A BLACK MALE
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Over the past thrity years, my black friends have been as all over the place politically as my white friends--which is a huge reason why I started to question the status quo. when virtually every black person I ever knew was either undecided or Republican, I started to understand some things about our media.

I have heard exactly three things from every black friend I've ever known:

1. Who are these black people who always speak for all black people? I didn't vote for them!

2. Jesse Jackson is a "pimp"

3. Racism is 'out there" but it isn't or hasn't been a big obstacle in their lives.

So you have to wonder why only certain "black opinions" have been allowed in our media for decades. Some of the most hard-headed conservatives I've ever known have been black but you'd never know it from looking at the News. This is why I love Terry Anderson--he is kicking the door open! It's about time!

"Now that I am barely breathing
    I know all the answers..."