Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Fox prepared to send troops to gulf coast

www2.eluniversal.com

Fox prepared to send troops to gulf coast
    EL UNIVERSAL/Wire Reports
    El Universal
    Lunes 05 de septiembre de 2005
    Nuestro mundo, página 1

Mobile consulates are being set up to assist Mexicans living in the disaster area as the federal government offers to send in the military.

President Vicente Fox on Sunday said Mexico was ready to send troops to the United States in order to help with the relief effort following Hurricane Katrina.
    Pending an official acceptance by U.S. President George W. Bush, Fox said he would invoke plan DN-III, which is when the army is deployed for humanitarian crises.

Fox also said that Social Development Secretary Josefina Vázquez Mota and Defense Secretary Gerardo Clemente Vega have instructions to visit the disaster zone in the state of Louisana to oversee any rescue teams that are sent over. The president added that the governor of Guanajuato, Juan Carlos Romero Hicks, would also accompany the cabinet secretaries.

FOUR MEXICANS DEAD

U.S. rescue workers found the bodies of four Mexicans who died in a section of New Orleans battered by Hurricane Katrina, the Foreign Relations Secretariat said Sunday.

"The Foreign Relations Secretariat has received the first reports of the deaths of four citizens who were in an affected area of New Orleans, three of them from Chiapas and one from the state of Jalisco," the secretariat said in a communiqué.

Details about the four Mexicans' deaths are not known, but "once access is gained to the area," the secretariat said, "we will take steps for their repatriation, for which preparations are already being made."

Foreign Relations Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez instructed personnel in Chiapas and Jalisco to "provide all the support needed by relatives of the victims."

The additional consular officials sent to the United States in the wake of the storm are already in Baton Rouge, the capital of Louisiana, and have an RV outfitted as a mobile consulate to provide services to Mexicans living in areas affected by the hurricane.

A second team "arrived in Atlanta, from which it traveled to the city of Mobile, Alabama, where it is setting up a second consular services center," the secretriat said in the statement.

The Mexican Embassy in Washington, DC, and consulates in Atlanta, Austin, Dallas and San Antonio have been instructed to open Monday despite the Labor Day holiday in the United States to provide services to Mexicans affected by the hurricane, which devastated New Orleans and the Gulf coast of Mississippi, killing thousands and leaving tens of thousands homeless.

The Foreign Relations Secretariat has set up two hotlines, 01800-703-6400 in Mexico and (866) 600-2570 in the United States, for those in need of assistance.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What the hell gives Mexico any right to send troops into our country? That is invasion. Another reason to impeach the jacka-- in the White House.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

added to homepage

http://www.alipac.us/article-687-thread-1-0.html

If George Bush allows foreign troops to take station on American soil all hell is going to break lose.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OH i so agree with you William. It will be the straw that breaks the Camels back.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

California or ground zero of the invasion
    I believe American's will not be very receptive of foreign troops, especially from Mexico, on U.S. soil even in a time of a disaster. One we don't need them, and if Bush accepts the offer all hell will break loose when they arrive. I can't imagine many U.S. citizens obeying orders from foreign troops in their own country. I don't think even Bush is that dumb, but seeing how the government has handled the hurricane aftermath I could be wrong.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No to an invasion by FOREIGN ARMED FORCES.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The last thing we need is an foreign army of looters.

If Bush accepts this offer I am buying a gun. I will not feel safe as an American with foriegn troops on our soil.

The Mexican government deserves a hostile response to the very suggestion of this idea.

I like mine better "Don't tread on me amego"

Any military personnel that Fox sends are not going to go home. I think he's just sending more illegals in under this agreement.

You don't really think Presidentie Fox is worried about his people do you?
    Hes seeing the billions and billions of dollars and is looking for some way to take some off the top. Thats the only thing hes worried about... How can I get some of that money !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast