Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Free Trade Idols: NAFTA, CAFTA, FTAA

http://www.chronwatch.com/content/conte ... ?aid=15155

Free Trade Idols: NAFTA, CAFTA, FTAA
    Written by Nathan Tabor
    Thursday, June 16, 2005

Within a matter of weeks, our representatives in Congress will be on the verge of approving the pending Central American Free Trade Agreement, also known as CAFTA. I believe that the passage of this legislation, which could come up for a vote as soon as late June or early July, would be a tragic mistake for America.

I also personally believe that the idolatrous worship of so-called Free Trade, within the ranks of nominal conservatives in the Republican Party, is a modern-day Golden Calf that will ultimately bring an economic curse upon our country. I realize that is a highly inflammatory statement, so let me clarify my position.

I, too, firmly believe in Free Trade â€â€
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

nternational treaties ratified within the past decade or so have established the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT), the World Trade Organization (WTO), and the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). The net result of ALL of these ill-advised documents is to diminish the productivity of the U.S.A., severely limit our national sovereignty, compromise our borders, subject our people to the non-appealable dictates of an unfriendly international tribunal, impoverish many of our communities, and transfer ever-increasing portions of our national wealth abroad.
    This is precisely what has happened and will continue to happen if the Bush administration and the multi-national corporation lobby has its way. We are selling America out piece by piece. The rich will get richer, and the rest of us will get shafted.

Picture if you will, in the year 2015, the country is majority Hispanic as a result of illegal immigration, China is the dominant world power and the U.S. is reduced to being a vassal state, paying tribute to China because of its economic and military superiority. Our government will be dominated by politicians who are of the leftist persuasion, our international stature will be the equivalent of maybe France or Germany (if that). Unemployment will be 20-25%. THIS is the result of so called "Free Trade." It is free for the Chinese, the Mexicans and others, but it costs us dearly. When are we going to put a stop to it?

Judy is right. Save don't spend. If you have to spend, spend it on U.S. made goods or just don't buy it.
    When we gonna wake up?

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)