20. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

18 90.00%
  • NO

2 10.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Yes, this was a victory for PRLDEF - a $245,000 victory for the coffers of PRLDEF.
    The country's illegal immigrant situation seems to be making a lot of pro-illegal immigration lawyers very happy and wealthy. This is a trend that needs reversed! I'm very disappointed that Freehold, NJ caved on this, but it would appear as if they had little choice in the matter. These so-called civil rights lawyers have become nothing more than illegal immigrant "ambulance chasers."
    I can understand why Freehold decided to settle rather than continue. This has been going on for 3 years, and neither side was any closer to winning than the day the law suit was filed.

In this case, the illegals were left with nothing but a thin twig to hold on to as they swing in the wind, while the attorneys collected their fees and go merrily on their way.

I would so like to get my hands on PRLD's last 20 law suits and see how the illegals fared and how much the attorneys put in their pockets. If they're doing nothing but stirring the pot and raking in the bucks, this needs to be right out there on the front page of major newspapers and in prime time news reports.

Maybe some hungry investigative reporter would like to tackle this.

Barletta gave them a run for their money last night on 60 minutes, didn't he - He is one kewl dude.

I am a resident of Freehold Borough, and it is with great surprise that I found this web site with Freehold being one of many good topics. I am a supporter of a local group called PEOPLE. We are a group of average everyday Americans who are fighting tooth and nail for a good quality of life in our town.

The biggest casualty in the law suit, is the reputation of our town. Freehold is an excellent place to be, despite all of the illegals and their selfish activist friends.

I was at the council meeting the night of the settlement. I can tell all of you that our leaders in Freehold are on our side, and it was with great disatisfation that they settled. The leaders of our town also gave the illegals and their supporters a very strong verbal lashing. It was great!

the law suit itself is not that big a deal. Most of the issues that the illegals "won" were already in place years ago. There is no direct change in our town due to this settlement. The lawyers are the only winners.

Make no mistake, Freehold citizens and our leaders have a great deal of fight left in them. We will take our town back and move it forward.

Brian
    Freehold

Welcome to Alipac, Brian.

Good to have you here and get some first hand news about Freehold. We have to fight to take back all our towns. We have a vote tonight in Nashville on a "Hazelton" plan. It's already passed the 1st reading. Two polls taken by the newspapers show over 90% support and now we will see if these councilmen have any guts and will do their job!

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    Welcome to Alipac, Brian.

Good to have you here and get some first hand news about Freehold. We have to fight to take back all our towns. We have a vote tonight in Nashville on a "Hazelton" plan. It's already passed the 1st reading. Two polls taken by the newspapers show over 90% support and now we will see if these councilmen have any guts and will do their job!
    I wish all of you the best of luck with a Hazleton plan. Make sure that your residents are well aware of the road ahead. I believe many towns have been disappointed due to a lack of understanding just what they are getting into. Your town will get sued by the same anti-American pigs who are suing everybody. And they are winning. When your town gets sued, take a good look at the court that sees the case. In Freehold, we all knew that the court would be hostile toward the town. Our side was not even allowed to talk about the illegal aspect of the immigrants. Also, keep in mind that some, not all, constitutional rights do apply to illegals. Many people think they should be deported, as opposed to having rights, so it is a surprise when the outcome is not the desired one.

I am writing this not to burst your bubble, but to warn about the uphill battle your town will face. All towns dealing with these issues are doing so with out the help of the Feds or states. Your opposition will be a very well funded group who will steam roll over common sense and the rights and safety of the law abiding citizens in your town. It is a sad state of affairs.

Freehold has been in this battle long before some of the other towns. To hear about Nashville, the heart of America, also being in the mix, is very disturbing. If Nashville can not be saved, then we all have a lot to worry about.

WELCOME - PEOPLEBRIAN!!

It's great to have another Jersian here on Alipac
    There's a few of us here already!

Hope you'll jump in and bring your friends too. We're fighting for
    every town in our US of A. Check out the Activism and Focus Campaign Forum, if you've not already. Much going on and quite a bit
    of good information stored here at Alipac.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    WELCOME - PEOPLEBRIAN!!

It's great to have another Jersian here on Alipac
    There's a few of us here already!

Hope you'll jump in and bring your friends too. We're fighting for
    every town in our US of A. Check out the Activism and Focus Campaign Forum, if you've not already. Much going on and quite a bit
    of good information stored here at Alipac.

Hello sis, Out of curiousity, have you heard of PEOPLE? We are active in many things besides our illegal friends, but that is a concern. We also associate with fellow citizens from Lakewood. I will check out the forums you mentioned, thank you. This is a great site.

No, BRIAN, I haven't until you mentioned them.

Very happy to know that there are people in NJ beginning to wake up and take the reins!! We have a serious problem with the ILLEGAL invasion...gee, Lakewood too.

It's really draining our state but folks aren't aware of how it's affecting us and will be worse as the time goes by..

/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    No, BRIAN, I haven't until you mentioned them.

Very happy to know that there are people in NJ beginning to wake up and take the reins!! We have a serious problem with the ILLEGAL invasion...gee, Lakewood too.

It's really draining our state but folks aren't aware of how it's affecting us and will be worse as the time goes by..

/
    PEOPLE has been around for a while. One good bit of news. The founding person of the group is now sitting on our town council. We also have supporters sitting on different boards and commitees.

Google PEOPLE, Freehold, and illegal immigration, you will find quite a bit about us from the Asbury Park Press and the News Transcript

While Freehold has hope, Lakewood is gone. I really feel bad for the few Americans left in that town.

PEOPLE has been around for a while. One good bit of news. The founding person of the group is now sitting on our town council. We also have supporters sitting on different boards and commitees.
    Now, THIS is the way to get it done!!

Exciting new, Brian and smart. It's exactly what the latinos have done. They're trying to amass voting blocks in the most important areas to swing local, state and national elections. They're working on it with a vengeance. Dropping anchor babies for years with the goal of massive voters due to our 14th amendment.

People sounds like it has it's head set on straight

Will check it out.

Freehold Mayor's Settlement Speech

This says it all. Our Mayor is good and he is trying. I was fortunate enough to be present when he made this speech. Our town council really lit into a room full of illegal alien activists during that meeting. There was no defeat in their words.

It would have been a lot better if the plaintiffs had not jumped the gun on us and tried to declare victory when what we have is a proposed settlement in which they have lost on the major issue that they sought-a muster zone to be sponsored by the Borough of Freehold. We in Freehold are the innocent citizens required to accommodate persons who have entered our country illegally. A little respect for the law-abiding citizens of Freehold would go a long way toward making our residents more understanding of how we can resolve these hard questions that are caused by national immigration policy. Let us tonight attempt to address these questions in that spirit of understanding. There are no winners in this situation.

As you know, we have authorized a settlement of the Federal Lawsuit against the Borough. There has been a lot of grandstanding by certain self proclaimed advocates who obviously care more for the headlines than building better relations in the community.

I found the plaintiff’s statement to be inflammatory and self serving as well as factually incorrect. The truth of the matter is that the plaintiff’s got nothing more than that to which anyone and everyone in this community is entitled.

They wanted…a special place to gather to look for work. They didn’t get it – the original muster zone is private property owned by Conrail who has made it known that they are not authorized to gather there. They have no right to a muster zone.

They wanted…. To stop our attempts to enforce our housing code. They didn’t get it – instead, the Borough used the process to develop enhanced protocols for housing inspections that will better protect the health and safety of our residents.

They wanted…to stop our police form enforcing the law. They didn’t get it – instead, we established better methods of evenly and fairly enforcing all laws – against all violators, regardless of their ethnicity. Day laborers and the contractors who pick them up MUST abide by the law just as everyone else. And the Borough will continue to vigorously enforce those laws. Nothing in the agreement limits the Borough from lawfully enforcing all statutes and codes.

The Borough had on its books and old loitering ordinance. The Supreme Court ruled that local government entities, including municipalities, cannot enact ordinances curbing or regulating loitering. This ordinance was generally only used to downgrade more serious charges. But when it was pointed out that it was prohibited by the Supreme Court, the Borough immediately rescinded same and agreed to reimburse fines to those who were convicted of or pled guilty to this ordinance, provided it wasn’t a downgrade of a more serious charge. The other reimbursements apply ONLY to those convicted of code violations – other than overcrowding-where the protocols were not strictly followed. There is only a 60 day period to make a claim for such reimbursement and prove your qualifications.

Unfortunately, those who most benefit from this lawsuit are plaintiff’s lawyers who received 8 times more than the fund established for the clients they supposedly represent.

So, when all is said and done, the Borough remains steadfast in its efforts to protect the quality of life for all of its residents. We will not be thwarted from carrying out our duty to enforce the law against all, for the protection of all.

Mayor Michael Wilson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast