Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mamie :

Thanks for your explanations and ideas. It seems that life in the USA is not so easy as I previously thought. And it seems that the U. S. Government is not so helpful with its own citizens that undergo disasters ( tornados, hurricanes, floodings ) or job losses.

If my country Colombia signs a treaty that causes thousands of peasants to lose their farms then the Government should pay the harm and damage.

But I know that those poor people in Colomnbia are going to recive not a single penny. Because here Industry and Services are pampered but not subsistence Agriculture.

I wish that I am wrong but if the Andean FTA is signed it would mean thousands and thousands of beggars in the streets.

And a second effect would be Emigrants to other countries where conditions are not so miserable.

Thanks again

Vicente Duque

Quote Originally Posted by vicente
    But I know that those poor people in Colomnbia are going to recive not a single penny. Because here Industry and Services are pampered but not subsistence Agriculture.

I wish that I am wrong but if the Andean FTA is signed it would mean thousands and thousands of beggars in the streets.

And a second effect would be Emigrants to other countries where conditions are not so miserable.

Thanks again

Vicente Duque
    we all need to fight together to try and prevent these agreements from being signed . . . cheap labor and goods is not worth losing a country over ...

Vincente, I think you now understand Corporate America and the people are not the same thing . . .
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Answer to Mamie

Mamie :

A friend from Missouri wrote me today to tell me that many people lost their farms to the bank in his rural area, including his own family and that he is never going to forget his suffering.

He tells me that such events are not uncommon.

If this happens in the Advanced USA then these catastrophes ( or depredetations ) would be easier to perform in Colombia.

I have called up some very cultured people here in Colombia and they tell me that they are also very scared about this Andean FTA.

But a majority of people here stay silent and quiet and don't protest against these absurd actions of governments.

I hope that we can study and analyze and take action if necessary in many countries against these depredations.

Thanks for your posts

Vicente Duque

Re: Answer to Mamie

Quote Originally Posted by vicente
    Mamie : But a majority of people here stay silent and quiet and don't protest against these absurd actions of governments. Vicente Duque
    I'm sorry people won't let their voices be heard -- AFTER it takes affect, it's too late to protest
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12