Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New FOCUS CAMPAIGN has begun
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=46602

Anyone can jump in and lend a hand pushing this forward for our American bothers & sisters in the great state of Georgia!

GRITS
    do you think you could get some pics of that area and get them to us?
    It would be another powerful tool for us to use in the FOCUS Campaign for the Canton area.

"For those who are illegal like me, taking away housing is like taking away our jobs," said Miguel Rodriguez, who came to Cherokee County illegally from Mexico.
    Sooooooo, they call themselves ILLEGAL, do they? That's good to know!!

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    New FOCUS CAMPAIGN has begun
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=46602

Anyone can jump in and lend a hand pushing this forward for our American bothers & sisters in the great state of Georgia!

GRITS
    do you think you could get some pics of that area and get them to us?
    It would be another powerful tool for us to use in the FOCUS Campaign for the Canton area.

"For those who are illegal like me, taking away housing is like taking away our jobs," said Miguel Rodriguez, who came to Cherokee County illegally from Mexico.
    Sooooooo, they call themselves ILLEGAL, do they? That's good to know!!

I'll do my best. Hopefully I can get that way this weekend, it is about an hours drive from me.

Gofer, your right about your description of the housing... It used to be called Bells Ferry Trailer Court... we looked once when we first moved to Ga about 10 years ago and I would not put a dog in any of them... nasty does'nt come close to the filth there.

Cash is the name of the game they charge approx.$100-$150 per week for the oblong trash cans.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Hey GRITS!!! Welcome to ALIPAC!!!

Has Canton got it's own Buford Hwy. yet? I used to live in Doraville and Norcross, those areas are now COMPLETELY over-run.

I moved out here to Walton County to get away from the mess.

Good to see another Georgian on the boards, we've got several.
    Thanks Pinestraw!

I'm in the heart of the mess currently... Gwinnett County..

Walton Co is nice, been there a few times.. It seems to me that anywhere you go they are all over, it is a shame really

I just enlisted my spouse... He is a manager for a very large construction co in Atl and has agreed to take the camera to work and take pictures of what he sees daily with the illegals hanging about the corners, the destruction in older neighborhoods, and illegal crews in new subdivisions..

I will warn you now tho, it will take me awhile to get them uploaded, it is a new system and it is difficult for this none techie to figure out
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Re: Ga. County Considers Fining Landlords

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene
    Published Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Ga. County Considers Fining Landlords

The Associated Press

CANTON, Ga.
    Commissioners in a suburban Atlanta county are considering fining landlords who rent to illegal immigrants, saying the immigrants strain the schools and other local resources.

The proposal would require property owners to prove their tenants live in Cherokee County legally. Landlords who didn't comply could be fined or lose their business licenses.

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ ... /611151835
    This is all good and well. but is Cherokee County ONLY focusing on landlords who rent to illegals?

I'm sure that Cherokee County fills their 'coffers' to the brim with money from the construction of new homes, subdivisions, strip malls, etc. Not unlike any of the many other counties that surround Metro-Atlanta.

And GUESS WHO makes up the majority of the construction workers in this great state? Illegal construction workers, who by the way have drastically suppressed wages in this industry.
    Meanwhile, construction companies who refuse to hire illegals and pay a decent living wage to legal workers suffer in Georgia, because they cannot compete with companies who hire illegals.

And it's not just the construction industry; but fast food, poultry plants, lawn care companies, domestics, hotels and motels... you name it.

Cracking down on landlords is a start, but a meager one, in my opinion.

As long as illegal immigrants are being hired (in Cherokee, or any other county here), THEY WILL FIND SOMEPLACE TO LIVE, REGARDLESS. The network to assist these people is a lot deeper and more complex than we probably realize.

Georgia is on the right track, but really needs to focus on the root cause.

That said, how serious will Cherokee or any county become when money is still being made off illegals in these counties? Meanwhile, low-skilled and some blue-collar American and legal workers continue to suffer as a result.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12