Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Which is fabulous... However, can you tell me how
    The reason I can often get results from my elected officials and local police department is that I remain calm and persuasive, using facts and reason rather than wild rants to make my case.
    your method has worked to get our border control agents pardoned for doing their job and why the real criminal is home smoking a dube while our agents are in prison?

I too own a business and I can sweet-talk with the rest of them. But our leaders have already been purchased by the highest bidders... unfortunately I don't have enough money to buy our Congress and our President. Mexico outbid me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    Which is fabulous... However, can you tell me how
    The reason I can often get results from my elected officials and local police department is that I remain calm and persuasive, using facts and reason rather than wild rants to make my case.
    your method has worked to get our border control agents pardoned for doing their job and why the real criminal is home smoking a dube while our agents are in prison?

I too own a business and I can sweet-talk with the rest of them. But our leaders have already been purchased by the highest bidders... unfortunately I don't have enough money to buy our Congress and our President. Mexico outbid me.
    Your question is absolutely every bit as ludicrous as many of the other comments here, as it begins with a naked presumption that the agents, who were found guilty by a jury of our fellow citizens -not by George Bush -were somehow railroaded. You continue with other hyperbolic nonsense rather than doing anything to move this discussion forward.

I also resent the insinuation that it is necessary to "buy" elected officials. I have never had to offer anything beyond my own opinion and argument to achieve results. I'm talking about "sweet-talking," and the idea of such manipulations sickens me. There is little need for coercion where one stands on principle and for that which is right. That's not to say that there are not corrupt officials, but you don't "sweet-talk" them. You do what you can to make damned sure they lose their jobs at the next election cycle.

Well it might be and I apologize if I offended you in any way !!!! Any guidance you can give us in your savvy way of getting things done with political officials is most appreciated !!!!!!

I am all ears... How might we get our two border patrol agents pardoned.. any ideas on how we can accomplish this?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    Well it might be and I apologize if I offended you in any way !!!! Any guidance you can give us in your savvy way of getting things done with political officials is most appreciated !!!!!!

I am all ears... How might we get our two border patrol agents pardoned.. any ideas on how we can accomplish this?
    You're not listening. If you want me to help you get someone pardoned, you're first going to have to convince me that he is innocent now that he has had his due process and been convicted. I have seen nothing resembling that proof to this point, though I will turn on a dime if someone actually produces something other than characterizations of the evidence (rather that the evidence itself) by family members of the accused. All I have seen is rhetoric and innuendo. I would not convict someone based on rhetoric and innuendo, and I would not seek to short-circuit our system of justice based on rhetoric and innuendo.

Understand?

Crocket,
    Do you take the governments word for everything?

In my opinion, you come across as if you think you're superior to everyone else here and their opinion is less valid than yours.

I'm amazed at your arrogance.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SherriCorrell
    Crocket,
    Do you take the governments word for everything?

In my opinion, you come across as if you think you're superior to everyone else here and their opinion is less valid than yours.

I'm amazed at your arrogance.
    You obviously have no idea who you are talking to. Anyone who knows me or my beliefs would ever accuse me of believing everything the government tells me. As a matter of fact, most would be hard pressed to avoid doubling over in laughter at your comment.

If you have a problem with well-educated people demanding reason and logic rather than ludicrous rabble-rousing, then you and I are not going to get along. The reason that I know as much as I know about how the government really works and who pulls its strings is that I have a scientific background that demands careful analysis rather than knee-jerk reactionism. So I'll take your opinion of me with a grain of salt just as I take your unsubstantiated opinion of this case with a grain of salt.

As for arrogance, nothing is more arrogant than a person demanding that their opinion be accepted simply because they hold it. Sherry, I have given the reasons that I am hesitant to jump on this dubious bandwagon, but the sum total of your explanation as to why I MUST accept your opinion is that you hold it. In another thread, you attempted to assure me that even though you could articulate no evidence to support your claims, I must accept them because you have been following this issue and allegedly know what you're talking about. Oh really? Maybe you're used to being able to pass that sort of illogic off on your readers at your site, but if you are going to try to make an argument to an educated and objective person, you're going to need more in your favor than your own arrogance that says "Because I said so" constitutes evidence.

Sheri, don't be too hard on Crocket he's a good guy. Sure, he's like a Shakespearian Doogie Howser on Crack, but he is ours, and we love him just the way he is. I love a literal perspective, because he is right, most of us here are not...or at least not as much as we should be sometimes. We are angry Crocket, mostly because we feel helpless. We are tired of the conditions in our country, and especially on the border. Something has to give. Any who...It is nice to have someone on the team who can stay level headed and give us food for thought. That is the great thing about ALIPAC. Have a good night.

You obviously have no idea who you are talking to

Other than your screen name, I don't care who you "think" you are. As far as I'm concerned, you sit on the toilet the same as the any other man or woman, and that is with your pants down.

nothing is more arrogant than a person demanding that their opinion be accepted simply because they hold it.
    Then I suggest you practice what you preach, as I have not insisted anyone accept my opinion. However, I did state my opinion based on my interpretation of the facts. Furthermore, others opinions were posted, and their opinions and mine were similar.

The reason that I know as much as I know about how the government really works and who pulls its strings is that I have a scientific background that demands careful analysis rather than knee-jerk reactionism.
    Oh really? That's your opinion of yourself. I grew up with politicians, so I know fairly well how they work as well, and they're always on the up and up, ethical, honest or fair.

As for arrogance, nothing is more arrogant than a person demanding that their opinion be accepted simply because they hold it.
    Oh, so I'm NOT entitled to my opinion, according to you. I beg to differ.

you are going to try to make an argument to an educated and objective person, you're going to need more in your favor than your own arrogance that says "Because I said so"
    Since I never made the statement above, you obviously are confused.

Good night Neese. Just read your post, after I posted my own. I'm sure he is a good person, but he and I just do not see eye to eye. He can try to persuade me of the glories of government, but I have been very disillusioned for many years now, so it's a waste of time.

I just came over to see what the folks here were thinking about the verdict; not to cause trouble.

CORRECTION - I left out one key word.
    Oh really? That's your opinion of yourself. I grew up with politicians, so I know fairly well how they work as well, and they're always on the up and up, ethical, honest or fair.
    Meant to say " I grew up with politicians, so I know fairly well how they work as well, and they're NOT always on the up and up, ethical, honest or fair.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast