Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Go Jim!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It's true I am only one, but I am one. And the fact that I can't do everything will not prevent me from doing what I can do

Edward Everett Hale

That pathetic RINO Campbell didn't even show up for the debate yesterday. And he backs Bush's amnesty sham. That should tell you all you need to know about him. Of course the stupid sheeple will probably vote for Campbell because they, just like the rest of the country love wishy washy politicans that will give them the shaft.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Here's the text of the article for those that are too lazy to click the link above.

Calif. House Race Spotlights Immigration
    By MICHAEL R. BLOOD, Associated Press Writer
    Tue Dec 6, 4:15 AM ET

A race to fill a vacated congressional seat in a coastal Southern California community has turned into a hotly contested debate about illegal immigration.

John Campbell, a former car dealer, is the odds-on favorite to win Tuesday's election to fill the seat left open by fellow Republican Christopher Cox of Orange County. But he is receiving a strong challenge from minor-party candidate Jim Gilchrist, a founder of the Minuteman Project civilian border patrol group.

In a district that is less than a two-hour drive to Mexico, Gilchrist's campaign is being driven by outrage over weak border security and the tide of illegal immigration.

Should he pull a closer-than-expected finish, his showing could push federal immigration policy to the forefront in next year's national congressional races and during the 2008 presidential campaign. For that reason, both parties are watching carefully.

"This is one of the biggest cultural divides in the Republican Party," Democratic consultant Bill Carrick said. Gilchrist, a former Republican running as a candidate for the American Independent Party, "is openly challenging the president on this issue."

Cox, who represented the conservative coastal Orange County district in Congress for 17 years, resigned earlier this year to head the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Three other candidates are on the ballot to replace him: Democrat Steve Young, an attorney; Libertarian Bruce Cohen, a real estate broker; and Green Party candidate Bea Tiritilli, a schoolteacher.

A conservative on such issues as abortion, spending and taxes, Campbell breaks with President Bush on the administration's guest-worker plan. The president wants to catch more foreigners crossing the border while increasing the number of temporary work visas for those who will take jobs that Americans are unwilling to fill.

"We've got to control these borders first, then we can talk about a guest-worker program," said Campbell spokesman Jim Terry.

Gilchrist, who has made immigration the centerpiece of his campaign, said Campbell doesn't go far enough. He wants thousands more personnel sent to patrol the nation's borders and ports.

His supporters are hoping a better-than-expected showing will help enlist congressional candidates in border states where immigration could be a dominant issue.

"Maybe in 2008 you'll have nothing but Minutemen holding offices," he said.

Also Tuesday, ballots are due in a mail-in recall campaign to oust Spokane, Wash. Mayor James E. West. The mayor faces allegations that he abused his office by offering a City Hall internship to an 18-year-old man he met in an Internet chat room.

West has denied any wrongdoing. He has not been charged with a crime, but FBI agents seized computers from his home as part of a public corruption investigation.

The mayor has said he plans to sue The Spokesman-Review, which published the allegations. In a newspaper ad, he asked voters to vote against the recall, saying: "I have made personal mistakes, and ask forgiveness for those but I have never done anything to harm our city."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is laughable...sure, I want the guy that sells toyotas for congress.

"John Campbell, a former car dealer"
    It's true I am only one, but I am one. And the fact that I can't do everything will not prevent me from doing what I can do

Edward Everett Hale

Barth - and the Gov of Mexifornia ?? An austrian that jogs in speed-os
    Conan the Barbarian

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The bill Ken Calvert has is HR19...he is the sponsor. Here is the status of that bill: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D ... p/~bdHZnG::

Thanks for the post Brian, Cambell is...uh...a LIAR?

I bet the name of his dealership is "Honest john Sanchez used cars" LOL

Edward Everett Hale

GO JIM!! WE NEED JIM!! WE NEED JIM!! WE NEED JIM!! WE NEED JIM!!

California--put Jim Gilchrist in the US Congress, help yourselves and save the United States of America at the same time, long may she live.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Has there been any info put out on how the election is going?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wouldn't expect any news on the results until after the polls close this evening.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast