Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GOP forms strategy to OK guest workers

http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_3282253

In a bid to bypass critics, the Senate will pass the plan and then merge it with a House bill, observers say.

By Anne C. Mulkern
    Denver Post Staff Writer
    DenverPost.com

Washington - Republican leaders will try to pass President Bush's controversial guest-worker proposal without putting it to a direct vote in the House.

Observers say the new GOP strategy that begins today is for the House to deal only with the more politically palatable issue of increasing border security and clamping down on employers. Republican leaders then will let the Senate pass some form of a guest-worker plan.

After that vote, senators and House members will merge the House's border security bill with the Senate's legislation in closed-door meetings.

The House will then vote on the final package, which will include some guest-worker provision, according to a GOP aide familiar with the plan, a Colorado lawmaker and other observers.

The strategy is designed to avoid a divisive debate and contentious vote in the House.

"There is a widespread expectation that that is how it's going to play out," said Tamar Jacoby, immigration expert with The Manhattan Institute, a conservative think tank. "I think it would be hard to pass in the House without the Senate going first."

The legislation that is likely to be the core of the House's immigration bill is expected to be introduced today. Sponsored by Rep. James Sensenbrenner, R-Wis., it tightens border security and forces employers to verify workers' citizenship. It does not address guest-worker issues.

Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., the biggest opponent of the president's guest-worker proposal, said the strategy limits his ability to challenge the measure.

"They're doing it this way because they know in the House they'll run into a buzz saw and maybe my name's on it," said Tancredo, who heads the 92-member Immigration Reform Caucus in the House.

Sensenbrenner's bill is expected to be voted on within the next two weeks. That allows House members to visit their districts for the Christmas break and say that they passed immigration reform, Tancredo and Jacoby said.

But the House members will be aware of the plan to build in a guest-worker program through the conference committee, said Grover Norquist, a Republican strategist who often serves as an informal liaison between Congress and the White House.

"The president's made it clear he wants both (border security and a guest-worker program)," Norquist said.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

I'm not surprised by this. They will try to sneak it through the back door and hope nobody finds out. These politicans are total criminals. They will try to pass this on top of a weak enforcement bill. They all can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is such Bullsh!t, and people wonder why i want to give up on fighting this issue. We will be nothing more than what we see in Germany and France, with thier guest worker program. This is nothing more for the new world order people.

P

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    I'm not surprised by this. They will try to sneak it through the back door and hope nobody finds out. These politicans are total criminals. They will try to pass this on top of a weak enforcement bill. They all can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.
    Actually, I don't think they could care less.

They know that while most people oppose amnesty, they won't lift a finger to stop it.

And since incumbents get returned to office something like 95% of the time, where's the risk?

Among all my friends and acquaintances, nobody wants to talk about this subject. Nobody.

I'm starting to agree with Prometheus on this.

Just SO disheartening, isn't it?? And, people have SUCH SHORT MEMORIES. You noticed that, after giving TWO speeches, Bush's poll numbers went up a few points??? That is just TOTAL BUNK. He hasn't changed ONE THING excepted spouted some of his lying rhetoric and the numbers go up. People are just wearing blinders and they will forget before the 2006 election.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

What they are doing is violating US Immigration Law to end the United States and execute World Government during the remaining years of the Bush Administration.

He is their Go To Guy. This U S Senate are the Globalists Pay Boys and Pay Girls...and the U S House while less owned by the Globalists is owned by the President. We know that from the CAFTA vote.

Look carefully into the faces of every single US Senator when they talk on a program on television. Look into their eyes. Watch their expressions. Then ask yourself, would I give that person $10,000 cash to hold for me while I go run an errand?

There is your answer. No. You would not give them $10,000 cash to hold for you until you ran an errand. You wouldn't give them $5 to hold for you until you ran an errand.

So, tell me, why have we entrusted the entire existence and future of the United States of America to people we wouldn't let hold $5 in trust for US?

We've been duped people. Big Time. We've been sold out completely by this rotten group of thugs and traitors. It's taken them 35 years to position and assemble, but they have at this moment every single Chess Man in its spot which means:

Check Mate.

Call like crazy. Get Mean. Get Tough. We are Waaaay Beyond "polite".

It's now or never.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Look into their eyes. Watch their expressions. Then ask yourself, would I give that person $10,000 cash to hold for me while I go run an errand?
    No, of course I wouldn't.

But it doesn't matter what I'd do. My two Senators, Boxer and Feinstein, are in for life. Feinstein doesn't even have a GOP opponent in 2006, not that it would matter.

Meanwhile, Feinstein is effectively the Senator from Peking, while Boxer is the Senator from Outer Space. But to the voters, none of this matters. They'll both be re-elected for as long as they want the job.

FOMYLMAO!!! Boxer from OUTER SPACE!!! That is SO FUNNY, Count!! Might as well laugh as to cry as my grandmother used to say.

You are on the money, Jud--NO PUN INTENDED. Heck no--I wouldn't trust them with TEN CENTS much less $10,000. Not in THIS LIFE.

Don't you have to keep the barf bucket by your chair when you call Dole's office??
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I actually have a smaller bucket I tie to my head so I can barf and talk at the same time.

It's the Two Steps In One model..."Barf and Talk"..."Save time, Save your nation. We're almost out of both."

It works pretty well and keeps things moving along!

That way you only have to stop calling to empty the bucket after 5 or 6 calls instead of say "excuse me, but I need to puke" after every sentence you hear from these hideous, ugly, deceitful, deceptive globalist traitors.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh Gosh. You have GOT to let me know where I can get that model. I must have MISSED that one. I guess we could invent one with straps that crisscrossed your head so you wouldn't have to tie it on. With Washington going like it has in the past, there is going to be more and more of a demand for portable barf buckets. We could make them with disposable liners so you wouldn't have to take the time to wash it every time it got full.

I'm just SURE there's an invention out there for us, Judy. We could offer this along with the GURGITATOR!!! Kind of a come on or door opener so to speak. Get 'em hooked and then start selling them separately.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast