Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Grieving father supports Minuteman effort

http://kvoa.com/global/story.asp?s=4716 ... =Printable

Paul Cicala Reports
    Grieving father supports Minuteman effort
    April 3, 2006, 11:32 AM

Bob Eggle says that a more secure border could have prevented his son's death.

A grieving father whose son was killed by a suspected drug smuggler crossing the border illegally has come to Southern Arizona to show support for the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps.

The border watch group intensified its patrols over the weekend.

In August of 2002, 28-year-old Park Ranger Kris Eggle was killed as he pursued a Mexican national who illegally entered the U.S. through the border town of Sonoita, Sonora, Mexico.

Kris Eggle’s father, Bob Eggle, says a more secure border could have prevented the death, and has returned to the desert where his son died to voice support for the Minutemen.

“(My son) was ambushed and murdered,” says Eggle as he gathered alongside some members of the Minutemen as they stood watch along the border.

Kris Eggle was killed in a hail of gunfire traded between a suspected Mexican drug smuggler and Mexican police at Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument.

The suspected drug smuggler fled into Arizona by driving his car through an open area of the U.S./Mexico border.

Eggle says, “Where my son was murdered was not a fence, but (only) a line in the sand."

For that rason, Bob Eggle is in Southern Ariziona to voice his opinions on strengthening security along the border.

“He sacrificed his life in defense of our border,” says Eggle, “and, I'm here in his memory to offer support to these Minutemen who will try to guard our border.”

Officials from the U.S. Border Patrol say they neither support nor endorse Minuteman actions.

A spokesman for INS says law enforcement along the border should be done by federal agents, not private citizens.

However, Eggle says it goes beyond that: “If the border was under control, my son would still be here today. He'd be with me."

So, Eggle is also taking the opportunity to voice his support for a more secured fence along the U.S./Mexico line.

“Our borders are non-existent so that people come across in droves."

In some places, a barrier as little as a barb-wired fence, broken or cut through in many place, sits along the border, as was the case in the Kris Eggle was shot and killed by the man who crossed from Mexico into the U.S.

“And that, in fact, caused the murder of my son. That , (being) too little response to create a danger zone along the border."

Meanwhile, dozens of members of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), calling themselves “legal observers”, followed members of the Minutemen organization over the weekend.

While observers report no abuse towards immigrants, they simply don't agree with Minuteman practices.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A spokesman for INS says law enforcement along the border should be done by federal agents, not private citizens.
    everyone agrees with that, but unfortunately, OUR government doesn't seem to care about the citizens, the states or national security
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"