Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Guadalupe: Deputy narrative on Jimenez traffic stop

Deputy narrative on Jimenez traffic stop

04:40 PM Mountain Standard Time on Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

The following is a press release from the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office:

Time: 2115 Hours

Date: 05/13/2008

Incident: Traffic Stop

Subject: Rebecca Marie Jimenez

Narrative

INITIAL OBSERVATIONS:

On 05/13/2008 at approximately 2115 hours, while conducting routine patrol in the Town of Guadalupe, I

observed a burgundy four door passenger vehicle bearing the license plate of AZ AAD 4881 traveling northbound

on Avenida del Yaqui, just south of Guadalupe road. I also noticed that the above mentioned vehicle only had

one operable headlight.

Due to the fact that I was currently traveling southbound on Avenida del Yaqui, I turned my patrol vehicle around

and situated myself behind the aforementioned vehicle (AZ AAD 4881) in order to conduct a traffic stop. The

above mentioned vehicle (AZ AAD 4881) conducted a right hand turn on Avenida del Yaqui, onto Guadalupe

road, while I drove behind.

I conducted a traffic stop on the prior mentioned vehicle (AZ AAD 4881) utilizing my emergency lights and sirens.

The vehicle proceeded eastbound on Guadalupe road and pulled into the "Family Dollar" establishment's parking

lot, located on the south side of Guadalupe road, just east of Avenida del Yaqui road.

CONTACTS:

As soon as the vehicle (AZ AAD 4881) came to a complete stop, the driver immediately exited the vehicle and

proceeded to walk towards my patrol car which prompted me to immediately exit my vehicle. The driver of the

above mentioned vehicle vehicle asked, "What did you pull me over for?". I responded, "I pulled you over

because you only have one operating head light, the other head light is inoperable".

The driver of the vehicle, later identified as Rebecca Marie Jimenez (DOB 12/31/1971) asked, "Is there a town

code or something that allows you to pull me over for only having one working headlight?". I replied, "Yes ma'am,

there is actually an Arizona statute that allows me to conduct a traffic stop on vehicle's with only one operating

headlight".

While still conversing at the back of her vehicle, Jimenez was able to produce her drivers license but stated that

she forgot to put her proof of insurance and registration back inside of the vehicle. Jimenez explained that she

was just picking the vehicle up and she knew that she did not have her proof in insurance or registration but had

to drive he vehicle home somehow. Jimenez stated, "Well, if you have to give me a ticket, just give it to me, I'm

just coming back from a town meeting". I asked Jimenez to please have a seat back inside of her vehicle.

FURTHER INFORMATION:

I conducted a registration check on the vehicle and was advised by dispatch that the vehicle was properly

registered. I also conducted a standard license and warrant check on the driver of the vehicle and was advised

by dispatch that the driver's license was valid and without warrants.

As I re approached the vehicle, Jimenez asked, "Are you going to give me a ticket for the broken headlight?" I

answered, "Yes ma'am". Jimenez stated, "Well, I didn't think that Sheriff Joe was going to retaliate against me but

I guess that I was wrong". Jimenez stated, "How do you like working for a Sheriff who racially profiles against

people of color?" I continued to remain silent.

Jimenez stated, "You seem like a nice guy, you should go work for the Phoenix police department". As I began to

explain the citation that I was about to give Jimenez, she stopped me and stated, "You already told me that you

pulled me over for my headlight, I'll just have to go to Judge Melton and take care of it, I don' t need you to explain

it". Jimenez also asked, "What is your name?", as she read my name tag which was situated on my uniform shirt

pocket. I explained that my name is Deputy Brown, badge number S1643 and that my information will also be on

the citation.

Jimenez stated, "Well, your name will probably be in the NewTimes and on the News." As I gave Jimenez the

citation, attempting to explain the infractions and court date and time, Jimenez stopped me again and stated, "I'm

not going to sign the citation, it is my right, I don't have to sign it". I acknowledged that she was correct and wrote

"refused to sign" on the citation.

As I was completing the citation, Jimenez stated, "Can you please hurry up? My daughter has to pee and she is

only six!" I replied, "Yes ma'am" and gave Jimenez her copy of the citation.

DISPOSITION:

Rebecca Marie Jimenez was cited for Registration not in the vehicle (28-2158C), No proof of financial

responsibility (28-4135C) and Driving with only one headlight (28-924A).

Citation #A 747329

Nothing further from this Deputy
    http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepageto ... dac5.html#
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What a snotass - the kind of person you wish would have an accident , need a policeman and not be able to find one.

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar
    So she says why don`t you go work and cater to illegals in Phoenix .
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

HAHAHA what a moron of a woman! She knows her "rights" in not having to sign the citation, but is ignorant of the state statute on driving with one headlight? This from an elected official?!?!

Not only that but, EVERYONE knows you do not ever get out of the car and approach the cop during a traffic stop..EVER! Maybe she was hoping he'd come out with gun drawn? He comments about Sheriff Joe were way out of line, in addition to her telling him she'd have the judge "take care" of the ticket.

So, was the officer on the news?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

MW
    As fine an example of arrogance as I've ever seen.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

As I re approached the vehicle, Jimenez asked, "Are you going to give me a ticket for the broken headlight?" I

answered, "Yes ma'am". Jimenez stated, "Well, I didn't think that Sheriff Joe was going to retaliate against me but

I guess that I was wrong". Jimenez stated, "How do you like working for a Sheriff who racially profiles against

This woman is in a position of leadership and she does not seem to realize that driving with inoperable headlamps is a violation?

What is this moron trying to insinuate, that she is being pulled over because she is hispanic, despite the fact she has a broken headlamp!

And this:

Jimenez stated, "Well, your name will probably be in the NewTimes and on the News."
    For what??? writting your ignorant, ^%$ a ticket because you have a broken headlamp!!! This woman needs to be removed from whatever office she is holding right now. I do not like the insinuations this woman is making and she has no business in a position of leadership anywhere in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno

This woman is in a position of leadership and she does not seem to realize that driving with inoperable headlamps is a violation?

What is this moron trying to insinuate, that she is being pulled over because she is hispanic, despite the fact she has a broken headlamp!

And this:

[quote:3naafkel]Jimenez stated, "Well, your name will probably be in the NewTimes and on the News."
    For what??? writting your ignorant, ^%$ a ticket because you have a broken headlamp!!! This woman needs to be removed from whatever office she is holding right now. I do not like the insinuations this woman is making and she has no business in a position of leadership anywhere in this country.[/quote:3naafkel]

She's the Mayor of Guadalupe NoBueno, a 1 mile square enclave of IAs.

No chance of her being removed from office.

This woman was elected mayor by a town run by IA's. She's probably not the sharpest tool in the shed and one could say she is probably just a little "biased"?
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

If the officer had treated her with the disrespect she used with him the ACLU would have already served the deputy with lawsuit papers.

She needs to be removed from office and it could be done since she is a elected official who not only serves and represents her town but also serves Arizona and receives state and federal funding.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Mayor Rebecca Jimenez 480-505-5369, Rebecca_Jimenez@guadalupeaz.org
    Vice MayorRoy Perez 480-505-5364, Roy_Perez@guadalupeaz.org

Council Members
    Patricia Jimenez 480-505-5376, patty_jimenez@guadalupeaz.org
    Francisco "Frankie" Montiel 480-730-6068, azbaseballathlete@yahoo.com
    Margarita Garcia 480-839-2662, Margie.Garcia723@yahoo.com
    Lupita Vital Avelar 480-505-5366, Lupita_Avelar@guadalupeaz.org
    Alma Yolanda Solarez 480-505-5364, yoly_solarez@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast