April 6, 2009

Oregonians For Immigration Reform members and supporters:

The Joint Interagency Drug Taskforce estimates that heroin and methamphetamine cost Oregon about $3 billion a year. 90 percent of the heroin and methamphetamine are brought in from Mexico.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Investigation Leads To Drugs, Gun, Money

http://www.kptv.com/news/19081364/detail.html

POSTED: 5:00 pm PDT April 2, 2009

GRESHAM, Ore. -- Police said a drug investigation led them to thousands of dollars in cash, a stolen gun and illegal drugs.

Early Thursday morning Portland police detectives and Gresham police served two search warrants in the 600 block of Southeast 190th Avenue, which led to two arrests, heroin, cocaine and a stolen gun.

Portland police investigators said it's satisfying to get it all off the streets.

Investigators served two search warrants at two different homes at the Stark Street Station Apartments, where police found two ounces of heroin worth $3,000 to $5,000, an eighth of an ounce of cocaine worth $7,700 plus a stolen .357-caliber magnum handgun.

Investigators said they arrested Herman Vejar Frombona on a charge of delivery, manufacture and possession of heroin and arrested Angela Monique Delarosa on a charge of frequenting a drug house.

The manager of the apartments said his company just took over the apartment building last fall and he's glad to have the police help clean it up but had no idea the drug raid was coming.

"(It was a) huge surprise with the SWAT team here," apartment manager Martin Carson said. "We had never seen immense traffic, no red flags. It totally caught us off guard,"

Mary, who didn't want to give her last name, lives in the apartment complex and said the raid didn't totally surprise her. She said she saw lots of people coming and going from the two apartments.

"I suspected something but not that. I thought maybe they were family members," Mary said. "Now, I don't know if I'll let my grand babies over here anymore."

The manager said when the people arrested get out of jail they will have to find a new place to live.

"We find out about it today and immediately put out 24-hour eviction notices. They must vacate the premises," Carson said.

Police said the two who were arrested could face more charges after a grand jury hears the case.

Copyright 2009 by KPTV.com. All rights reserved.

Herman Vejar-Frombona is being held on an ICE hold (USI) at the Multnomah County Jail.