Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I blame Bush, Pelosi, Reid and any other politician that would not clean up Illegal Immigration in this country and get that border wall up

Almost time for the Tea Party... the politicians know it, thats why they are getting the military in place.... they know it's coming
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by sjguy
    I couldn't agree more, Gogo. Many people who have taken a legal route to citizenship in America are great citizens and have more respect for our constitution and freedoms than some people who were born here. Somehow, we're now being overrun by people who have no regard for our legal process and no real interest in raising their children to respect our communities. Regarding this particular case, I am acquainted with law enforcement in the community where the crimes took place, and that's all I can say about it in this forum. They are all english speaking individuals too (to address a point made earlier by another forum member).
    OK thank you sjguy. Glad to have the clarification. You know then what we've seen in San Francisco. A massacre! The only word for it on the Bologna family. It seems we have very few true leaders nowadays who stand for right, for law, and for the people of the nation who built it, paid for it, and bled for it. I just watched the TRUE STORY OF TORA TORA TORA on the history channel this morning. These brave men would turn over in their graves knowing that what they fought for is now being cheapened and given away.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    I blame Bush, Pelosi, Reid and any other politician that would not clean up Illegal Immigration in this country and get that border wall up

Almost time for the Tea Party... the politicians know it, thats why they are getting the military in place.... they know it's coming
    I'm very interested to read some research about the wall proposal. Will it work? Will it be too expensive? Will we take out loans from China to pay for it? Or worse yet, Saudi Arabia? These are the things that worry me about the wall idea. How about enforcing existing law by holding business owners, corporate executives and the illegals themselves responsible for breaking the law?

I'm very interested to read some research about the wall proposal. Will it work? Will it be too expensive? Will we take out loans from China to pay for it? Or worse yet, Saudi Arabia? These are the things that worry me about the wall idea. How about enforcing existing law by holding business owners, corporate executives and the illegals themselves responsible for breaking the law?
    How about doing both? Stopping illegals from working won't keep foreign criminals and drug runners from coming into the USA, we need the wall to keep them out as well.

Re: The defendants and their parents are not illegal

I feel exactly the same way as all of you about gang members and their idiotic parents. However, I happen to know for a fact (in this particular case) that the defendants and their parents were not illegals.
    I wonder if they might have been illegals who received amnesty?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman

How about doing both? Stopping illegals from working won't keep foreign criminals and drug runners from coming into the USA, we need the wall to keep them out as well.
    Great point, Bowman. I just watched an episode of 'Gangland' on the History channel where they discussed the horrendous problems of Mexican paramilitary gangs trafficking narcotics into Texas. Incredibly scary that we have that kind of lawlessness on American soil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    sjguy I think that stats have been run (sorry can't remember who - Pew Institute maybe) that the cost of the fence would never reach the cost to the taxpayer for the free schooling, medical, crime, welfare, etc that illegals get. In fact we would end up with a net profit very quickly.

Now for the business owners. Congressman Heath Schuler will be re-introducing the SAVE ACT in the next congress. If you are not familiara with that act, go to www.numbersusa.com. Roy Beck has full analysis of the bill. Bush signed in an Executive order that all federal contractors had to use the E-verify system to verify the social security numbers of any people employed for federal work, including sub contractors. The Democrats are going to try and kill E-verify. It is 99% accurate yet they don't like it because it protects jobs for Americans and for illegal immigrations.

So you tell me, who is on the side of the American citizen, worker, and voter. It's NOT the Democrats. In this economy let's watch them SPIN their way out of this one.

It seems that the Dem/Repub battle is not going to die soon, even as this country's economy is going into the sewer and it seems we might have to learn Mandarin Chinese to communicate with our new masters.
    I am not going to bash Obama, even though he is Democrat and I am a card-carrying Republican. He is not president yet and cannot do anything officially, but can influence informally. His cabinet appointments so far are an outrage to the liberals, being more from the right than the left.
    I also doubt he will let the Democrats go nuts granting amnesty to illegals when the economy and health of this country are in the dump (thanks to GWB and gang).
    I believe we have 43 or 42 days until the new presidency, and I will wait to see what Obama does before I start screaming. Unfortunately, I cannot read minds nor foresee intentions.

Speaking of the economy being in the sewer, I wonder how the financial crisis might affect illegal immigration. Will conditions here be sufficiently grave to prevent Mexicans from taking the risky and costly trip across the border? I've always felt that macroeconomic conditions would ultimately dictate the flow of people over our borders rather than enforcement and legislation. Check out this article: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/communit...,5631786.story

Regarding the Dem/Repub battle: I will support any politician who takes effective and wisely-considered action on this issue.

Also, keeping people out is one thing, kicking people out another, but making good citizens out of the next generation born to illegal parents in this country is the most important thing to me and I expect it to be the most challenging aspect of this battle. I'd like to hear some ideas for how we can accomplish this as I'm thinking of making a website dedicated to that idea.

sjguy

Don't expect me to join your effort to delay the take over of America and have the next generation of anchor babies take it away.
    You want them to be good citizens??? Make them good citizens of their home country. Send them home. And don't give me th carp that they were born here so this is home.

You sir, are the most challenging aspect of this battle.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast