Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanic growth fueled by higher fertility rates

Published Thursday May 8, 2008
    Hispanic growth fueled by higher fertility rates
    By SUZANNE GAMBOA Associated Press Writer
    The Associated Press
    http://omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1000&u_sid=10330287

WASHINGTON (AP) - Hispanic women born in the United States are more likely to have children out of wedlock than women who are immigrant Hispanics or non-Hispanics, according to an analysis released by Pew Hispanic Center Thursday.

Hispanic women generally, both U.S.-born and immigrants, have higher fertility rates than non Hispanics - 84 births per 1,000 Hispanic women compared with 63 per 1,000 non-Hispanic women.

The differences can also be found between Hispanic women born in this country - 73 births per 1,000 women - and immigrant Hispanic women - 96 per 1,000 women.

Hispanics are now 15.1 percent of the U.S. population, according to Census data released last week. Their numbers are growing more because of births than immigration.

One-in-four children under 5 years old in the U.S. is Hispanic, the Census Bureau reported. These numbers are likely to fuel growth of the Hispanic population in this country.

One of the more surprising findings in the Pew study was the difference in out-of-wedlock births when comparing Hispanic women born in this country and Hispanic women who are immigrants.

Half of all births to Hispanic women born in this country were to single mothers, according to Pew research. About 35 percent of immigrant Hispanic women who gave birth were unmarried, nearly equal to the rate for non-Hispanic women. The study provided no reasons for the differences in out-of-wedlock rates.

The Pew study looked at many aspects of Hispanic women, showing contrasts not only between Hispanic and non-Hispanic women, but also between Hispanic women born in this country and immigrant Hispanic women.

"They are not just mothers. They also are workers, neighbors, daughters, sisters. They are citizens," said Felisa Gonzalez, the chief researcher for the analysis.

The analysis also found:

- Hispanic women born in this country are more likely than non-Hispanic women to be in the work force.

- Hispanic women born in this country working full-time earn less - $540 per week - than non-Hispanic women working full time, who earn $615 per week. Immigrant Hispanic women working full-time earn an average $400 per week.

- Almost half of Hispanic women immigrants have less than a high school education. About 46 percent of Hispanic women born in this country have at least some college education.

On the Net: Pew Hispanic Center: http://www.pewhispanic.org

Published Friday May 9, 2008
    Fertility rate found higher for Hispanics
    http://omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1219&u_sid=10330316

WASHINGTON (AP) — Hispanic women born in the United States are more likely to have children out of wedlock than women who are immigrant Hispanics or non-Hispanics, according to an analysis released Thursday by the Pew Hispanic Center.

Hispanic women generally — U.S.-born as well as immigrants — have higher fertility rates than non-Hispanics: 84 births per 1,000 Hispanic women compared with 63 per 1,000 non-Hispanic women.

The differences can also be found between Hispanic women born in this country — 73 births per 1,000 women — and immigrant Hispanic women — 96 per 1,000 women.

Hispanics make up 15.1 percent of the U.S. population, according to Census data released last week. Births, more than immigration, are driving the growth.

One of the most surprising findings in the Pew study was the difference in out-of-wedlock births when comparing Hispanic women born in this country and Hispanic women who are immigrants.

Half of all births to Hispanic women born in this country were to single mothers, according to Pew research. About 35 percent of immigrant Hispanic women who gave birth were unmarried, which was nearly equal to the rate for non-Hispanic women. The study provided no reasons for the differences in out-of-wedlock rates.

The analysis also found that Hispanic women born in this country were more likely than non-Hispanic women to be in the work force.

If your ILLEGAL...get out of my country...get out of my state...get out of my community...get out of my face!...otherwise, have a nice day!
    http://nebraskaobserver.wordpress.com/

Fertility rate higher?

When children give birth to children it simply means their reproductive span becomes longer.

At a high school graduation I attended last year, many of the female hispanic graduates had a child.

Just this week there were 3 reports of a 10 year old and two 12 year olds who had given birth or were pregnant.

The differences can also be found between Hispanic women born in this country - 73 births per 1,000 women - and immigrant Hispanic women - 96 per 1,000 women.
    Don't illegal aliens use motherhood--having a child in the U.S.--as an attempt to secure a foothold in attaining a pathway to legal status for themselves?

Citizenship is granted to those demonstrating character, values, ability to be self-supporting, loyality and morals and not based on the grounds or ability to reproduce.

"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, and we pay for ALL those babies because our government wants them here and gives them free medical!
    I say you get a birthcontrol shot every 3 months or we DON"T pay for that baby!
    Americans takes a screwing time after time. This is like an anti-American we have running this once, wonderful country...
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Yes, and we pay for ALL those babies because our government wants them here and gives them free medical!
    I say you get a birthcontrol shot every 3 months or we DON"T pay for that baby!
    Americans takes a screwing time after time. This is like an anti-American we have running this once, wonderful country...
    More kiddies = more welfare, especially if you're not married. THAT'S the incentive. If they had to support these kids on their own, you'd see their fertility rates drop faster than ice melts!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Almost half of Hispanic women immigrants have less than a high school education. About 46 percent of Hispanic women born in this country have at least some college education
    Wonder how many of the other races of female citizens have a college education? Just curious.

Well, I'm not so sure "fertility" is why....try others use birth control possibly.....try, for the longest time single women were the only ones who got government help because married women were denied help unless the child had a serious physical problem or illness. Try maybe they are married and lie to get more government help. I want to know what illegal female immigrant with less than a high school education does to work 40 hours and make 10+ bucks an hour? While others are working for 6.25 or 6.50 etc. with atleast a HS education, and legal can't get. 400 bucks a week is far more than minimum wage. I didn't make 400 a week working at the chicken farm doing one of those nasty jobs no-body wants. I was a maid and never made that much money and neither did anyone else and we were working for Hilton....never got 40 hr's either. My husband was a Dept manager and only got a couple thousand more a year and put in far more than 40 hr's to get that....he couldn't have kept that job if he were a single father because he was at their beck and call and no day care would accomodate that...let alone afford anyone who would. He had to takes days worth of tests and compete with Business graduates to get that one! They don't pay that here in factories , warehouses, nothing. What am I missing here?

I know a ton of full time white women who were born in the country that don't make 540 a week even with some college.....forget 615. (Not counting drug dealers, strippers and hookers.) Where are they living and what are they doing?

No surprise here and the muzzies also are reproducing in litters. Just open your wallet and be generous. Remember how your warm compassion for these outlaws makes you feel. But of course the article is not clear 'cuz this fuzzy-headed dope insists on using incorrectly the terms hispanic and immigrant. Fact is, we still don't have a clue regarding the precise nature of these numbers. Left guessing, I'd assume this writer believes the Spanish language has something to do with reproduction.
    '58 Airedale

Hispanic growth

U.S. born Hispanic women know the system better than recently arrived foreign born Hispanics.
    Single moms with U.S. born children are entitled to more benefits than mom's who are married. Many of these women are married or in long term relationships. They do not take their husbands name upon marriage. If you are legally working, claiming several children, and are a single mom---you pay less in taxes. The lower single mom income entitles your kids to free breakfast and lunch programs, WIC food programs and other benefits which they would not qualify for if the "husband's" income had to be counted.
    They can afford so many children because they don't pay insurance premiums, get free health care, free food, free education, and at the end of the year, any taxes withheld will be refunded due to number of dependents, child care credits and all the other deductions.
    Some government watchdog group should investigate how many of these women have a live in male friend, or several live in relatives yet do not claim their income, (as required) on applications for benefits.

Re: Hispanic growth

Quote Originally Posted by Texan123
    U.S. born Hispanic women know the system better than recently arrived foreign born Hispanics.
    Single moms with U.S. born children are entitled to more benefits than mom's who are married. Many of these women are married or in long term relationships. They do not take their husbands name upon marriage. If you are legally working, claiming several children, and are a single mom---you pay less in taxes. The lower single mom income entitles your kids to free breakfast and lunch programs, WIC food programs and other benefits which they would not qualify for if the "husband's" income had to be counted.
    They can afford so many children because they don't pay insurance premiums, get free health care, free food, free education, and at the end of the year, any taxes withheld will be refunded due to number of dependents, child care credits and all the other deductions.
    Some government watchdog group should investigate how many of these women have a live in male friend, or several live in relatives yet do not claim their income, (as required) on applications for benefits.

EXACTLY!!!

It's nothing to do with fertility. It has to do with working the American system and that the Mexican law says that 14 is the age of consent???!!!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Exactly....they sure used to do that....used to not be able to have a car or anything of worth. No savings, nothing. They demanded the babys father and went after him for money. They're object was to get you off and out of the system. This was temporary and even recommended having your tubes tied after 2 children. That was the last "reform" where they cleared the books out... to then fill up with the illegals who got tons more than anyone else did. I watched as many single moms were booted out of the system and had nothing but part time minimum wage jobs. I remember seeing the waiting rooms with seriously poor women and children, no food or drink allowed and be sitting there for hours waiting. Get up and leave to let your child eat a couple crackers and if they called your name.....sorry.....you lost your place and had to re-schedual for another day of fun. Couple years later it was filled to the brim with hispanics and kids playing and McDonalds happy meals all over and it was just a gathering place to collect the goodies. Pop would come in on his lunch break and give mom a couple hundered and she'd take off and go shopping in the plaza and come back when she was done. Totally different environment. Totally different set of rules.....heck even now my daughter says when girls find out they're pregnant....first thought isn't fear of what their parents will say, what the father says, if they can afford it.....just hey girl...wanna head on down to welfare with me? Man don't worry, they set you up and everything is free...some still live with their parents, others with their boyfriends, some are working and trust me.....they don't sound the least bit worried about how they're gonna make it. Free college or some training on down the line. I mean she works at a day care, putting herself through school and first thing is...which of these kids are yours? None. Whaat! None? You sterile or something? Many have 3 and 4 and are her age and she's just going to turn 21. She's crying about how her "time clock" is ticking! Crazy or what!!!!????? Angry at why do they get everything handed to them for having babies and she has to struggle trying to do right. Very confusing message going out to our youth and they wonder whats wrong.