Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanic lawmakers join call for Arpaio investigation

Hispanic lawmakers join call for Arpaio investigation
    301 commentsby Scott Wong - Apr. 17, 2008 12:55 PM
    The Arizona Republic
    Showing a unified front, Latino state lawmakers said Thursday that they are backing Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon's call for a federal investigation into Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's recent crime sweeps in Hispanic neighborhoods. The lawmakers said the sheriff's tactics are tantamount to racial profiling.

"There can be no disagreement with the fact that the violations of people's rights are not acceptable and are clearly unconstitutional," said Rep. Ben Miranda, D-Phoenix, flanked by six members of the Arizona Legislative Latino Caucus that he co-chairs. "We've seen plenty of examples of people being victims of racial profiling and people who have been victims of serious violations of civil rights."

Arpaio was quick to fire back, vowing he will not be intimidated by threats by Gordon or state legislators.
    "I am not concerned about (Miranda) and his group going to Washington. I have nothing to fear and will continue to do crime suppression. I will continue to lock up illegals," Arpaio said when told about the Capitol news conference. "I will not be intimated by minority groups."

The Latino Caucus plans to send a letter today to U.S. Attorney General Michael Mukasey requesting that the Justice Department begin an investigation to determine whether Arpaio's "saturation patrols" constitute a civil-rights violation.

"Simply put, (Arpaio) is using the guise of 'crime suppression' for the sole purpose of rooting out and deporting Hispanics who are in this country illegally," the letter says. "He is not, however, considering the collateral damage that is occurring. Specifically, that the civil rights of Hispanic citizens are being infringed upon by being unfairly subjected to racial profiling."

The letter goes on to say that without federal intervention, Arpaio will continue to target Hispanic communities throughout the county, forcing citizens to endure unnecessary encounters with authorities.

In recent weeks, Arpaio has conducted crime sweeps in Guadalupe and parts of Phoenix. He said his officers arrested 30 illegal immigrants Wednesday night after sweeps in Wickenburg. The sheriff has said he plans to target Mesa next and will bring his patrols back to Phoenix despite objections from Mayor Gordon.

Reach the reporter at scott.wong@arizonarepublic.com or 602-444-8604.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... 17-ON.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think these ethnocentric "lawmakers" should be investigated. What "activities" of their own might they be hiding?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Sen. Ken Salazar and his brother in Congress from Colorado are two more examples of so called LATINO lawmakers that cannot be trusted....

Tancredo wants to run against Salazar in 2 years...stay tuned!

We where "Once" a Free Nation . What in the name of God Almighty has happen ? We must be NAU . Cause everyone jumps into everyone else's business .
    I'm really starting to "Understand" Hate Speech and it's purpose !! And this does not make me nor help me with the warm fuzzy feeling an American would have . We IMO have been Morally Bankrupted
    The true racist are the Latino's
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

What makes latino lawmakers so special? What makes the spanish language so special? What makes latinos so special? I am sick and tired of this ethnocentric BS. This is a balkanization of MY COUNTRY!

Arizona Legislative Latino Caucus

Does this group, by its own name, not RACIALLY PROFILE its members?
    Does this group, by its own name, violate the civil rights of other ethnic groups by excluding them from their caucus?
    Does this group, by its own name, promote self-interests over the good of all?

"Simply put, (Arpaio) is using the guise of 'crime suppression' for the sole purpose of rooting out and deporting Hispanics who are in this country illegally," the letter says. "He is not, however, considering the collateral damage that is occurring. Specifically, that the civil rights of Hispanic citizens are being infringed upon by being unfairly subjected to racial profiling."
    Simply put, (Arizona Legislative Latino Caucus) is using the guise of 'racial profiling' and 'civil rights violations' for the sole purpose of suppressing federal law and aiding and abetting Hispanics who are in this country illegally,". "They are not, however, considering the collateral damage that is occurring. Specifically, that the civil rights and tax monies of U.S. citizens are being infringed upon by being unfairly subjected to unequal protection of the law.

"The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on application of the legislature, or of the executive (when the legislature cannot be convened) against domestic violence." Article IV Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

They could care less about those people. The only thing they care about is the votes of the legal relatives that all those illegals are related to. If they want to protect Mexican Nationals, then they should go do their job in the Mexican legislator.