Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

With my channel hopping husband, I get news bits from all over. I think they are all biased one way or another. In fact, I think more of the "news" is pure "opinion" than anything else and has been for years. At the same time, the people who write their opinions to "on-line" news letters quite often come off as lunatics. For example, why, if the President of the US said that the Constitution was nothing but "a (expletive deleted) piece of paper" didn't anyone else get wind of that story?

As with these boards, it is all opinion. It is just a matter of whose opinion we believe.

When it comes to illegal immigration, I believe what I see and hear with my own eyes. And it is out of control.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You bring up a good point about the SUPPOSED comment about the Constitution. I just think that, first of all, he would have been even MORE of a fool that I have always thought OR SOMEONE is just fabricating that story. You KNOW---that would be THE MOST BEATEN TO DEATH SUBJECT OF THE WEEK IN THE MEDIA IF it had really happened. That is just one I find HARD to believe ALTHOUGH the PRESIDUNCE has said a WHOLE LOT OF THINGS that I find hard to believe too!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

LOL Bootsie, I agree, Sometimes I can't help but be amazed at some of the things he says and thinks people will buy. And you notice if he gets a phrase that he thinks did the trick he wears it out?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I KNOW it!! He will BEAT IT TO DEATH! Like the "axis of evil" or all of his baloney about privatization. Or "willing workers for willing employers"!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

fyi - here is the reply I just got back from Marquette University (who associates with Voces de la Frontera)

Sent on behalf on Tricia Geraghty- Acting VP of the Office of Marketing & Communication at Marquette University

Thank you for taking the time to contact the university.

Voces de la Frontera is one of more than 130 organizations that provide service learning opportunities for Marquette students. Service Learning is an academic program which enables students to perform meaningful community service related to their courses. Each semester, many professors at Marquette University offer their students a service option as a means to learn in practice what they're learning in theory in the classroom.

Voces de la Frontera opened in November 2001 and addresses the immediate problems low-wage immigrants face, including obtaining work visas, opening bank accounts, filling out taxes, etc.

Two to four Marquette students per semester typically work at the center as a means of perfecting their Spanish-speaking skills. They act as communication assistants, translating materials, making phone calls and confirming appointments. For fall 2005, the students’ service learning experiences ended the week of December 4 before the protest which your email references. Students had exams the week of December 11, and most had left campus by the end of that week.

The university is not involved in the day-to-day activities of Voces de la Frontera or other entities which provide service opportunities for students.

Marquette University is proud that approximately 90 percent of our students participate in volunteer activities during their tenure at the university and that 800 to 1,000 students each semester take advantage of service learning opportunities.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Be assured that we will continue to monitor our students’ work with community agencies as we seek to ensure a positive experience for all.

I think America would be better off if these students would join the Pep Club and leave "community service" to adults who know the law.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Great post, Judy!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678