Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

i saw it and replied to it.
    i dont think it was taken down, but maybe its on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    i saw it and replied to it.
    i dont think it was taken down, but maybe its on another forum
    THANKS.
    I did put it up in two different places. Maybe they only took down one, or maybe you got there before they pulled it.
    Or it could be that they were just deciding what to do with it. I'll go check it out.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3052660

I think this is a ABC comment link as well? Please let them know what a great show it was tonight.

Thank God for the Border Patrol. The guy at the end summed it up.

The belly dancer was arrogance personified." Sniff, I don't agree with the decision (to go back to Switzerland)."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I saw it and it was pretty good. But ABC Dallas, WFAA, interrupted the show a number of times to present live coverage of a shooting in one of the projects. And they followed it at 9 p.m., CST with "Primetime: What Would You Do?" This one is a puff piece about racism and discrimination against all Latinos, Hispanics, Latin American immigrants and illegal aliens. ABC acts like it doesn't know the difference. They're pretty stupid but I'd guess they know and don't care. Right now, we're looking at a day laborer, about 40 years old, sobbing to the camera. I don't plan to heap any kudos on ABC.
    '58 Airedale

Thought the show as pretty good, especailly the 2 Border Agents doing LURPS like operations in the Sonora desert. They secured 5 gang members for their efforts, good job
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    Thought the show as pretty good, especailly the 2 Border Agents doing LURPS like operations in the Sonora desert. They secured 5 gang members for their efforts, good job :wink:
    Long Range Reconnaissance Patrols...."Lurps"
    Long Range Reconnaissance Patrols--LRRPs, invariably pronounced "Lurps"--were organized in response to the nature of the war in Vietnam. ...
    www.angelfire.com/pa/hotshot478/Lurps.html -
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

8:00 PM PACIFIC COAST TIME

IT IS ON RIGHT NOW

January 6th, 2009 | Homeland Security | Posted by Stephen Losey

The reviews are in for ABC’s new reality show “Homeland Security USA,â€

TWO THUMBS UP for HOMELAND SECURITY USA

TWO THUMBS UP for HOMELAND SECURITY USA
    This show had a little bit of everything, radioactive people, barbaqued bats, gang members returned to Mexico, drug bust and much more.
    I'll have to watch each week.
    NO AMNESTY

RELATED

RELATED:
    ABC: HOMELAND SECURITY USA : MESSAGE BOARD

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-142271.html
    NO AMNESTY

Homeland Security Gets The Reality TV Treatment

by Carrie Kahn

ABC's newest reality show highlights the multitude of jobs done by DHS agents. ABC

Morning Edition, January 6, 2009 · The Department of Homeland Security may bring to mind bright interrogation lights rather than the lights of Hollywood. But Tuesday night, ABC debuts a new reality show that takes viewers behind the scenes as border guards, Secret Service agents and patrol officers protect the nation.

The show, called Homeland Security USA, has the look of a documentary, but its producers stay clear of politics and deliver a fast-paced show that's more COPS than Frontline.

From the opening credits, set to a driving electronic score, ABC's newest reality show whips you across the country, showing off the multitude of jobs done by DHS agents.

"The United States, with entry points at hundreds of airports, harbors and along a border of more than 100,000 miles, is protected by the Department of Homeland Security," the intro boasts.

At first, the show has the feel of a glizty public service announcement or a fast-paced recruitment video. But within minutes, the feverish pitch slows slightly to show off the unprecedented access given to ABC's producers.

There aren't any terrorist plots uncovered, though viewers do get to watch agents thwart drug smugglers. And then there's the lighter side of the job. In one scene, for instance, an immigration officer deports a busty belly dancer from Switzerland.

There's little comic relief at the busiest border crossing in the nation, between San Diego and Tijuana, Mexico. Agent Ed Brown's daily routine doesn't look quite so glamorous without the quick camera cuts and pulsing score.

Brown landed a starring role in the premiere episode — and much teasing from colleagues.

"I get called names like Hollywood, and they keep asking for autographs — but I won't sign an autograph for under five bucks," Brown chuckles.

Camera crews spent two weeks filming at the border crossing. Inevitably, not all the footage portrays the agents in a positive light.

In one scene, a man and woman traveling with their two kids are pulled from a car at gunpoint after being flagged as armed and dangerous. Agent James Carraway, one of the officers involved, says it turned out to be a case of mistaken identity.

"Sometimes those things happen," Carraway notes. He says it doesn't bother him that the footage made it onto the show because "the one thing I believe is not trying to portray a false sense of what we do."

DHS spokesman Ed Fox says that the agency has no editorial control over the show but that it has suggested changes when an agent's safety was compromised or to protect law enforcement strategies. He says the show doesn't deal with policy or politics, just the hard work of keeping the country safe.

"Sometimes that's lost in the rather heated debates of Washington over the high-profile, sensitive issues that we deal with at this level," Fox says.

But some immigrant advocates and other critics say you can't separate the workers from the work, and they charge that the show is propaganda. A few have planned to hold protests in front of ABC affiliates Tuesday night.

That may be the least of worries for Homeland Security USA. Starting next week, it will compete in the 8 p.m. slot against the champion of reality TV: American Idol.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=99032539
    NO AMNESTY

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast