Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Honduran immigrant admits sexually assaulting 8 year old in

Honduran immigrant admits sexually assaulting 8 year old in Wharton
    By Jim Lockwood/The Star-Ledger
    October 20, 2009, 2:18PM

WHARTON -- An undocumented Honduran immigrant, whose bail became the subject of a New Jersey Supreme Court case earlier this year, pleaded guilty today to sexually-assaulting a 8-year-old girl.

Manuel Fajardo-Santos, 31, admitted today to sexually assaulting his girlfriend's younger sister in Wharton on Aug. 24, 2008 after returning home from a party. Superior Court Judge John Dangler set sentencing for Jan. 29.

Under a plea arrangement, the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office will seek a sentence of seven years in state prison, with a minimum 85-percent parole ineligible, while public defender Michael Fletcher will argue for a five-year sentence.

A detainer was placed on Fajardo-Santos by the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency following his arrest. That led to a legal battle over whether bails of illegal immigrants with ICE detainers could be significantly raised to prevent their deportation before their local criminal cases are resolved.

Morris County Prosecutor Robert Bianchi argued that bails should be raised to prevent defendants from posting their original lower bail, and then being turned over to ICE and likely deported before the criminal case is resolved.

Fletcher had argued that prosecutors and a judge knew from the start that Fajardo-Santos was a suspected illegal immigrant and a later federal immigration detainer did not justify a big bail increase.

In July, the New Jersey Supreme Court agreed with the prosecutor, and unanimously ruled that bail for illegal immigrants accused of serious crimes can be raised to prevent federal officials from deporting them before their cases can be heard.

The ruling was significant because it sets guidelines for how state and county law enforcement officials may deal with illegal immigrants who, as a result of being accused of serious crimes, face imminent deportation by federal authorities and thus can avoid prosecution.

The bail issued originated with a different illegal immigrant from Honduras, Carlos Ulloa-Murillo, who was deported last year before he could be tried on sexual assault charges. After posting bail, Ulloa-Murillo was turned over to ICE, did not contest deportation, was sent back to Honduras, and thus escaped prosecution.

When a similar situation arose with Fajardo-Santos posting bail and being turned over to ICE, Bianchi sought a large bail hike and Dangler granted it. Fajardo-Santos was returned to custody of the county jail as the bail case went to the Supreme Court.

Now, after being sentenced, Fajardo-Santos will serve his prison sentence in New Jersey before being turned over to ICE.

www.nj.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm sorry, but anyone who preys on children should be turned into a eunuch! Where the hell was the girlfriend? Why would she leave an 8 year old with this scum?

I don't care how drunk you are, there IS a difference between an grown woman and a child! Sick piece of trash.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Added to Homepage with amended title:
    http://www.alipac.us/article-4610--0-0.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    I'm sorry, but anyone who preys on children should be turned into a eunuch! Where the hell was the girlfriend? Why would she leave an 8 year old with this scum?

I don't care how drunk you are, there IS a difference between an grown woman and a child! Sick piece of trash.
    Awe, it's just a cultural difference that we must learn to respect.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelina

Awe, it's just a cultural difference that we must learn to respect.
    Unfortunately there is some truth to that, but not always. It's not an ethnic culture, it's a male dominated culture thing.

When I was little (5), my father taught me what to do to any male who even looked at me cross-eyed. He knew he couldn't change the machismo thing, but he could prepare me to defend myself. He did a great job. My parents were sad that they had to even disclose these disgusting offenses to me, but didn't have their heads buried in the sand.

Let's say after a few "demonstrations" from me, these low-lifes knew to keep far away from me.
    "