Like Tree14Likes

Thread: House Dem Makes ‘Do Not Deport Me’ Cards for Illegal Immigrants

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

House Dem Makes ‘Do Not Deport Me’ Cards for Illegal Immigrants

Mar. 27, 2015 11:52am Pete Kasperowicz

Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) and other Democrats have created a pamphlet that encourages illegal immigrants to carry a card that asks immigration officers not to deport them if they are detained.

“I created this toolkit for you to protect yourself from deportation,” Gutierrez said in a video describing the pamphlet.

The two-page document describes the documents illegal immigrants should collect in order to use Obama’s program. That action has been delayed by a court injunction, but Gutierrez said he expects the program will be available soon.

While the program cannot be used yet, Gutierrez said illegal immigrants who may qualify for it should be prepared to tell immigration officials that they will soon qualify for it, and that they should therefore not be deported. He said the “do not deport me” card can be used to explain the situation to immigration officials.

“I want you to cut the card in the toolkit and keep it in your wallet, and use [it] in cases of emergency,” he said. “Use this card only if you are arrested and detained by an immigration official.”

“It explains in English and Spanish that you’re eligible for DACA or DAPA,” he added. “By using this card after you’ve been arrested or detained, you can explain that under the policy in place today, you should be released because you’re not a priority for deportation.”

DACA is the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, and DAPA is the Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents program.

The card reads: “Do not deport me because I am eligible for DACA or DAPA,” and repeats that line in Spanish.

“I hope that you never have to use this card,” he said. “But if you do, don’t be scared because you are prepared. Soon enough the DACA and DAPA applications will be available, and when that time comes you will have everything you need to apply.”

Gutierrez announced his pamphlet at a press conference in which he said Democrats are holding workshops around the country to explain Obama’s immigration move.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...al-immigrants/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You have got to be kidding me. This is an elected official basically breaking the law by assisting those people who are in this nation illegally. He should be going to jail instead of printing out pamphlet for illegal aliens, this is outrageous. When is their madness going to be punished as it should be, put them all in jail now !!!

I want to know who is paying for the production of these cards and pamphlets!

Is it any wonder why so many people are so damned angry and frustrated over illegal immigrants? They have everything handed to them on a silver platter and are treated like they are so damned special, while citizens suffer and those coming through the proper channels have to jump hoops and wait in the background. People are fed up with being slapped in the face with one insult after another by allowing illegals to be placed above all others. It's sickening!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    I want to know who is paying for the production of these cards and pamphlets!
    We, the American taxpayers, probably are.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn