Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

House Democrats ready to give immigration bill another shot

Leading The News

House Democrats ready to give immigration bill another shot
    By Jared Allen and J. Taylor Rushing
    Posted: 03/24/09 06:43 PM [ET]
    House Democrats are laying the groundwork for another major immigration debate later this year, despite the risk that it could prove politically destructive for their party.

Moving broad legislation that would put millions of illegal immigrants on a path to citizenship seemed politically impossible until fairly recently and may still end up too hot for Congress to touch.

Yet Obama sent a signal this month to Hispanic Democrats that he is still committed to the cause and that he plans to host a White House immigration summit before the end of May. That has bolstered the hopes of the legislation’s biggest advocates on Capitol Hill.

“In a sense we’ve been given the green light to have more robust discussions about this,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We have got to keep the numbers building on our side.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wish someone would plan a march on DC. We need to get in their faces and tell them NO!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Brady and many other Republicans said that, throughout large swaths of the country, the dynamics have not changed since the failed effort of 2007 — when conservative talk radio hosts helped kill the legislation by persuading their listeners to jam phone lines on Capitol Hill with calls objecting to the legislation.
    Darn right. If anything in this "worst economy since the Great Depression" more Americans will be even more opposed to amnesty than they were in 2007.

There is NO way that Americans will let this go through. They thought last year was a bad time to push for amnesty? This year it's a whole lot worse for it.

It will put the Republicans back in control of Congress.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I wish someone would plan a march on DC. We need to get in their faces and tell them NO!
    Butterbean,
    Roy Beck has answered this question. He says if we really want to make an impact on our legislators in addition to calling and faxing etc., then we should schedule a personal visit to our Reps office with a few family members and friends to meet with our Rep or a key staff member.

Yet Obama sent a signal this month to Hispanic Democrats that he is still committed to the cause and that he plans to host a White House immigration summit before the end of May.
    A summit to discuss the issue, huh? I wonder if they've sent ALIPAC an invite yet? or NumbersUSA? or any anti-illegal invasion representatives, who represent the 75% of Americans who want the illegal invasion stopped. Surely they aren't just going to have biased ethnocentric special interests there. I'm sure they want "open honest discussions" as they like to say, from all sides of the issue. I'm sure your invitation will be in the mail soon, W.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

It just blows my mind that, in a time when Americans are struggling with unemployment (myself and several other Americans included), that they could even comprehend legalizing illegals.

Talk about the subject of death. However, this may actually work in our favor. Even more Americans will most likely join in our fight when they see Obama trying to give Americans jobs to the illegals.

TexasGal