Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

House: Dems ERASE Reps victory on illegal immigration bill!

http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/ ... chaos.html

In a massive flare-up of partisan tensions, Republicans walked out on a House vote late Thursday night to protest what they believed to be Democratic maneuvers to reverse an unfavorable outcome for them.

The flap represents a complete breakdown in parliamentary procedure and an unprecedented low for the sometimes bitterly divided chamber.

The rancor erupted shortly before 11 p.m. as Rep. Michael R. McNulty (D-N.Y.) gaveled close the vote on a standard procedural measure with the outcome still in doubt.

Details remain fuzzy, but numerous Republicans argued afterward that they had secured a 215-213 win on their motion to bar undocumented immigrants from receiving any federal funds apportioned in the agricultural spending bill for employment or rental assistance. Democrats, however, argued the measure was deadlocked at 214-214 and failed, members and aides on both sides of the aisle said afterward.

One GOP aide saw McNulty gavel the vote to a close after receiving a signal from his leaders – but before reading the official tally. And votes continued to shift even after he closed the roll call - a strange development in itself.

Whatever the final tally, acrimony quickly exploded between lawmakers on either side of the aisle as Democratic leaders tried to plot a solution, while parliamentarians on either side argued over protocol.

Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer (D-Md.) eventually offered a motion to reconsider, according to floor staff on either side, ostensibly giving members a chance to recast their votes. But the maneuver sparked a chorus of angry protests from the Republicans, yelling “shameâ€
    Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

Wow!! If this is accurate, then the democrats are slime!!

Yes, some in government are SO desperate to give the United States away to the 3rd world slaves and voting mass south of our border, that they'll resort to anything.

This is getting scary.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I was reading the transcripts late last night of both the House & the Senate debates and there was a lot of bickering going on in both chambers .The Dems in my view are trying to give our country away with the help of a few Republicans.

My feeling is this bickering will hurt the Dems because they are being viewed as dishonest and sneaky so I believe they will loose the republican votes they did have !

What is even more interesting is they just passed a bill on ethics........Geeez
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Well this is true left democrat form in its best! The dems are trying to save face since they already have a bad rep because they are not holding up to their promises they made (no new news there!) after gaining control of both houses.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I think this is going to turn into a VERY big deal, but I'm surprised that such an outrageous incident is not being covered more in the press......
    although I don't know why I'm not surprised.

Has anyone else been watching this in the House this morning!! YA for the Republicans they have been standing their ground.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Only Lou Dobbs will be able to do justice to this story.