Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    uniteasone, I think we're in the same viewing area. I haven't seen this on WGHP tonight. I plan to watch WXII at 11 pm to see if it's on there. Have you seen it on any of our local newscasts? WFMY, WXII?
    Hello to all...I see WE HAVE NOT LOST OUR SENSE OF HUMOR WHICH IS A GOOD THING!!

I never heard anything and asked the guys at work last night . they never knew about it happening..

Nope, I still haven't seen a thing on any of the three local stations either about this raid. However, WGHP didn't waste any time on the 5pm news yesterday telling about the illegal alien LIBRARIAN in Alamance County who is SUPPOSED TO BE HELD ON ICE DETAINER but was allowed to POST BOND AND GET OUT OF JAIL.

I guess the local news is loathe to tell more than ONE illegal alien story per month for fear that some NC citizens might WAKE UP to the fact that "Yes, Dorothy - There IS more than ONE illegal alien in the state of North Carolina!"

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    thank you gogo and florgal for your understanding
    LOL we've all been there. LOL
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Plant raid leaves immigrant workers with few legal options
    Josh Boatwright • jboatwright@citizen-times.com • and John Boyle • published August 14, 2008 12:15 am

Read Comments(6)Recommend Print this page E-mail this article
    Comments on Topix forums (click to comment): Read all 67 comments »

WOODFIN – Fifty-seven workers rounded up in Western North Carolina’s largest immigration raid face deportation in a complicated legal process, and they likely will have little representation, immigration experts and advocates said Wednesday.

Hispanic community advocates spent the day reviewing options for getting help to family members of Mills Manufacturing Corp. workers taken into custody Tuesday.

Twenty-nine workers with pressing child care issues and other family concerns were freed under order to appear in immigration court.

Others could be jailed in Charlotte — as well as in other states — while waiting for court hearings, federal officials said.

“The difficult thing with a removal case is, it’s a civil suit,â€

interesting article not related but perhaps somewhat.

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs. ... GECAROUSEL

Another focus of the district this school year will be serving its growing number of Limited English Proficient students. From 2006 to 2007, the district saw an increase of 300 students who had limited proficiency in English.

The school district is continuing to integrate English lessons into the content of students’ regular courses, instead of teaching the students English separately from their core subjects, as they have in the past.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THOSE DOING THE HIRING DID NOT KNOW THAT THESE PEOPLE WERE ILLEGALS. ANY ONE WHO BELIEVES IT LISTEN UP, I'VE GOT A BRIDGE THAT I WANT TO SELL ANY TAKERS?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger
    These kind of news stories just want to make me sing....

It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
    A beautiful day for a neighbor,
    Would you be mine?
    Could you be mine?

It's a neighborly day in this beautywood,
    A neighborly day for a beauty,
    Would you be mine?
    Could you be mine?
    CUTE LOL

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456