Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

IA: Tancredo to make "major announcement" Thursday

Tancredo to make "major announcement" Thursday

JASON PULLIAM • REGISTER STAFF WRITER • December 19, 2007

Republican presidential candidate Tom Tancredo has scheduled a 2 p.m. press conference on Thursday to make a "major announcement."

Tancredo, a Colorado congressman, has no other campaign events scheduled in Iowa after tomorrow's announcement, said Alan Moore, Tancredo's press secretary.

Moore and Bill Salier, Tancredo's Iowa campaign chairman, declined to elaborate on the nature of the announcement.

Tancredo has made illegal immigration the centerpiece of his long-shot campaign. He registered 6 percent support among likely Republican caucusgoers in the most recent Des Moines Register Iowa Poll.

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs. ... S/71219037
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Oh lord.. I hope he is not bowing out of the race.... Tom has brought the issue to the forefront of the debate
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

same here he got my vote !

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    Oh lord.. I hope he is not bowing out of the race.... Tom has brought the issue to the forefront of the debate

Yes, he has done that. Tom has also stated, on numerous occasions, that this was what he had set out to do and had accomplished that.

I am also hoping that he is not bowing out of the race.....although it may be quite possible that he is.......because I am a huge supporter of his and would hate to see that happen.

However, if he does, take heart. He's assured all of us that even if he discontinues his run for the White House, we have not seen the last of him.

I think if he does drop out of the race, which I hope he doesn't, he needs to plan on a run against that nitwit Governor Ritter, or-if Schaffer loses his bid to replace Wayne Allard in the U.S. Senate-the Udall brother in 2014.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Yep, I think he is going to drop out. Unfortunately, what his campaign team must not understand is that there is a chance of a surge for Tancredo, Paul, Thompson, or Hunter in the last few days in Iowa as Huckabee falls down from where he is at now.

Oh well, you can't win if your heart is not in winning.

We all know that Tom's heart is in this cause and movement, but perhaps not as much into winning the campaign.

We will see. He has certainly shaped the debate which he announced was his original mission.

He may be dropping out so the Steve King endorsement of Thompson can take full effect.

W

A quarter of potential Caucus-goers live in Rep. Steve King's district, so leveraging the votes of candidates who aren't as popular can have a pivotal impact on who wins in January.

To be honest, I wish Alan Keyes would be the one to drop out of the race. He's not a serious candidate, but the 2-4% he draws-I'm not sure exactly how high his standing in current polls is-could be shifted to a candidate who actually has a chance of stopping Huckabee.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

I just went to Tom's website to check things out....talks about the major announcement, but on his schedule he has things planned throught the middle of January. I hope he hangs in there, I would like to see him go alot farther. At least he is keeping the focus on Illegal Immigration as long as he is a candidate I actually thought he was moving up , and getting alot more press recently.....
    Bring back the Rotary Phone so we dont have to pressÂ*1 forÂ*English...Â*

Quote Originally Posted by Shapka
    I think if he does drop out of the race, which I hope he doesn't, he needs to plan on a run against that nitwit Governor Ritter, or-if Schaffer loses his bid to replace Wayne Allard in the U.S. Senate-the Udall brother in 2014.

You can bank on the fact that he has something planned. Tom is not the type to just abandon all of us and the cause he has worked his entire career for.

Also, if we can get another of the good guys into the White House, don't be surprised to see Tom appointed to the post where he will do the most good.

I'm sure that we can all agree....there is probably a very good strategy behind any plans he has. He is the type of man who will place himself where he will do the most good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast