Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oh what beautiful news Watchman, and thank you.

Watchman... you write very, very well. Can we plagerize you and take you off to other forums?? Ahh... again?
    ====================
    There is a base problem here folks. The Feds will not pay for the jail time on the illegal aliens. They hem and haw... they won't pay for any hospital services, and they generally won't pay for anything the States do in the field fo immigration control. They insist it is a Federal Responsibility... they refuse to pay for it. Neat trick... we need to tell the cheapskates at the Whitehouse to pay for the jail time... and the building of new detention centers for housing the illegal aliens!!

http://www.whitehouse.gov
    Tell someone! And when you do, ask the little rat to fund the Border Patrol. It is a safety violation to make them run a car for 200,000 miles, and if it isn't... fake it.

Tancredo for President??

New detention centers should be patterned after the tent city jail in Phoenix (complete with chain gangs).If they've ever done time in Mexico 99.9% of our jails are nothing to them.

Our nation's highways would look better litter-free. Perhaps we could have them do that -- modeled by NCDOC -- our prisoners can be seen daily on the side of the road picking up trash.

Course, they might have to pick up each other.............
    (That was mean -- so sue me)!!

LOL Rick, he does have an odd glow, doesn't he?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LOL Rick, he does have an odd glow, doesn't he?
    kind of cross between Mr.Limpet and ET with accessories.

a new perspective

Dear Readers;

I have cut-and-paste this from another chat page. Watching the immigration "problem" from a much bigger picture (macroeconomics) provides a much better picture. The original Topic is about the Montana Freemen (where I had attended classes on private banking) and somebody was requesting examples of viable bills of exchange.

Testimony of vice-chairman Roger Ferguson reminded me about the demonstrations and examples of bills of exchange in use today. And it also brings out an important point about replacing the gold and silver backing of currency with SDRs (Special Drawing Rights).

http://www.federalreserve.gov/boarddocs ... efault.htm

Remember the checking system behind the bill of exchange is that there is a central bank that is equipped to handle the obligations claimed by either location doing business with each other. This avoids having to carry gold coins back and forth as well as the import/export materials.

Now with this in mind consider vice-chairman Ferguson's definitions of account balance:

Perhaps most commonly, the current account balance is portrayed as the difference between a nation's exports, broadly defined, and its imports. From this perspective, the determinants of the current account balance are roughly the same as the determinants of the trade balance: exchange rates, prices, and incomes at home and abroad. Accordingly, the widening of the U.S. current account deficit is frequently attributed to the strengthening of the dollar since the mid-1990s, which led U.S. imports to be cheaper measured in dollars and U.S. exports to be more expensive in foreign currency.

According to a second perspective, the current account balance is defined as the difference between a nation's saving and its investment. This definition highlights the decline in the ratio of national saving to GDP over the past ten years, even as investment rates have moved up a bit on balance, as the central cause of the widening of the U.S. current account deficit.

Finally, because any excess of national spending over income must be financed by foreigners, the current account deficit is equivalent to the net inflow of capital from abroad. This approach points to the surge of capital inflows into our economy as the key development underlying the emergence of the large external deficit.

By giving three definitions we get a broader perspective about bills of exchange when used to honor obligations. I direct you to the concept of capital in definition three. And blend it into definition one. So consider the account deficit has been climbing and that actually 'strengthens' the dollar - definition one. The ratio between incoming goods (imports) and outgoing goods (exports) has been climbing quickly lately. Some 6% in 1996 to 25% currently.

This means there are foreign investors. They are holding claim to a bunch of Federal Reserve Notes. In other words the materials they are placing in the USA are not equalling the materials coming out of the USA. So they (foreigners) basically have accounts to be settled, or morelike the USA is running a 'tab' with the rest of the world.

Then why would a doctor in economics suggest this 'strengthens' the dollar. Well maybe for some time between 1996 and now it has been. Meaning if foreigners are willing to invest, that they may collect in the future, that is a vote of confidence in the almighty dollar. Understand? But now the 'tab' has grown, maybe more investor/creditors are a bit more aware that there is nothing backing the FRN but their confidence.

This might be a point that Dr. Ferguson is careful to rephrase in his testimony. There is little chance David Merrill can cause a panic but Dr. Ferguson might do just that if he is not careful about how to phrase his diagnosis of account deficit.

In fact, since I am nobody, I can even relate the border problems to this NAFTA/GATT World Bank scenario. Recently there was an incident where police arrested a Mexican illegal immigrant for trespassing on a street corner - mostly just to see what happens. There is a lot of complaining because federal government really does nothing about illegal immigrants. [I hope this link works better for you. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Arc ... p_docnum=3 , I got it from the author of the article. Maybe I need a subscription with NewsBank? Try a cut-and-paste of the article http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-1900.html ] But suppose the reason for such complacency about illegal aliens by the federal government is nothing more than obligations to perform to foreign investors?

Regards,

David Merrill.

P.S. I pointed out illegal Chinese campaign contributions to get Clinton reelected on a radio talk show and within hours the western ports were closed to all Chinese ships. When it all settled over the weekend (calls between Clinton and Chirac) a new stock market was formed and crashed - the Eastern Market. America and France managed the restructure on Monday so they called it Turnaround Tuesday. The Chinese lost the investment. So Clinton managed to secure the Iridium System of contracts to launch the Global satellite system. Prior to that China had nuclear technology but was shaky about deployment - no rocket technology.

But now the 'tab' has grown, maybe more investor/creditors are a bit more aware that there is nothing backing the FRN but their confidence.
    ADD THIS:

China & Russia {Venezuela?} has made an oil deal using the
    EURO AS CAPITAL not US DOLLARS

We're in deep doo doo folks. One of the issues that we've all must have noticed is that all these "deals" are secret and if not "secret" certainly kept close to the vest. Americans don't know or understand what actually is happening with our Dollar & the banking system etc.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tancredo for President??
    If Tom Tancredo's name appears on the ballot in 2008 for President, it won't take me two seconds to make up my mind who to vote for.

Tancredo has been consistently against illegal immigration, amnesty and bestowing privileges on illegal immigrants for some time. He introduces bills in an effort to combat the growing problem and works to support all others of like mind. He supported the Minutemen by standing beside them.
    Oh, yes, Tancredo would be a perfect choice for President in these times.

http://www.teamamericapac.org/

secret?

Dear 2ndamendsis;

It is not secret at all. I have a federal repository down the street complete with the Federal Reserve, United Nations and State Department Bulletins. The Public Papers and Addresses of Franklin D. Roosevelt are there too; plus on my shelf here. Plus the linked testimony from the vice-chairman came to my email yesterday by subscription.

http://friends-n-family-research.info/F ... sitory.jpg
    http://friends-n-family-research.info/F ... sement.wmv

Plus there is the federal register. Do you know how the federal register functions in common law notice and grace? I am going to tread gingerly about this because people get really upset with me when I point out there are no conspiracies. It is not being done in secret. Everything is being run 'up the flagpole' right in front of you and you fail to understand the processes happening in front of you.

http://www.occ.treas.gov/fr/fedregister/69fr50293.pdf
    final rule
    http://friends-n-family-research.info/F ... le_R4C.jpg
    Refusal for cause in the federal register
    http://www.treas.gov/press/releases/js1894.htm
    Departure of John D. Hawke, Jr Comptroller of the Currency

See? Thirty days notice and grace. But it looks like John Hawke departed pretty quick upon Refusal for Cause.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast