Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal alien pleads guilty in cyclist's death

Illegal alien pleads guilty in cyclist's death

By Dana Littlefield Union-Tribune Staff Writer
    12:02 p.m. May 6, 2009

SAN DIEGO — A Mexican man convicted of gross vehicular manslaughter for running over a man on a bike in Mira Mesa and dragging the body more than 500 feet was placed on three years' probation Wednesday.

In addition to manslaughter, Marcos Garcia Jeronimo, 23, also pleaded guilty April 8 to hit-and-run causing death, in connection with the Aug. 20 death of Marcelo Bolom.

San Diego Superior Court Judge Melinda Lasater also ordered Jeronimo to spend a year in county jail, but she acknowledged he has credit for more than 380 days and is expected to be released immediately.

Jeronimo – who was born in Oaxaca, Mexico – had been living in the United States illegally and is likely to be deported. If he comes back across the international border while on probation, he could be sent to prison.

Jeronimo was charged last year in the death of Bolom, 23, of San Diego.
    According to earlier testimony, Bolom was riding a bicycle when he stopped in front of Jeronimo's Dodge Neon in a parking lot on Capricorn Way.

Jeronimo hit Bolom with the car, dragging him 543 feet. Eventually, Jeronimo stopped driving and ran off, leaving the body pinned under the vehicle. He turned himself in to police a few days later.

Deputy District Attorney Patrick Ojeil said Jeronimo had an ongoing feud with Bolom. A woman who had been in a relationship with Jeronimo's brother testified that she had a romantic affair with Bolom.

Deputy Public Defender Terry Zimmerman said her client was afraid of Bolom, who had been drinking and acting aggressively the day of the incident.

According to court documents, Jeronimo told authorities he believed Bolom was reaching for a gun when he stopped in front of the car and placed his right hand behind his back. Jeronimo said he struck the victim with the car, but believed he fell over to one side.

Jeronimo said he kept driving, mistakenly thinking he had run over the bicycle.

Dana Littlefield: (619) 542-4590;

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/ ... ndex=94748
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

An Illegal Alien Unlicensed and uninsured Mexican man convicted of gross vehicular manslaughter for running over a man on a bike in Mira Mesa and dragging the body more than 500 feet was placed on three years' probation Wednesday.

I think I remember an earlier story that said Bolom (the dead guy) was also an illegal alien.
    I can't find it right now but I will check all of the local TV News Stations to see if I can find that info.

I did find this statement in an old article.

Tangled Romance Leads to Alleged Manslaughter

"Bolom had a blood-alcohol level of .19 percent when he was killed, according to the prosecutor."

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/sto ... PnMNg.cspx
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Marcelo Bolom was killed while riding a bike.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Move this article to the new Americans Killed by Illegals section.