Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal alien who assaaulted woman given 21 years in prison

Man Who Assaulted Female Joggers, Walkers, Given 21 Years in Prison
    Last Update: 6:22 pm

SAN DIEGO - A 30-year-old Mexican national who sexually assaulted three women in Poway and at Miramar Lake was sentenced Wednesday to more than 21 years in state prison.

Carlos Ceron Salazar pleaded guilty Feb. 10 to two counts each of assault with intent to commit rape and rape by a foreign object in connection with the attacks on women in 2004, 2005 and 2006.

A woman who was attacked while hiking along a trail near Community Road on Sept. 27, 2004, said she wanted Salazar to know that the crimes he committed against her were "unjustified and harmful."

The woman told Judge Michael Smyth that since the attack she has taken self-defense classes, bought a Taser and carries pepper spray when she's alone.

"I am more aware of my surroundings," the victim told the judge.

The woman said she can now talk about the sexual assault without crying.

"I no longer see myself as a victim," she told the court, noting she is a strong woman filled with determination to live.

The victim said she was initially able to get away from Salazar, who attacked her again a short time later.

"That day, it wasn't just the fear of being raped, it was fear for my life," the victim said.

Another victim told the judge she was taking a walk around Lake Poway in December 2005 when Salazar approached.

"I smiled at him and said hello," the woman said.

She said the perpetrator grabbed her by the arms, they struggled, and he threw her to the ground and got on top of her.

"In the struggle, he scratched me," the woman said. "All this time, he used his strength to keep me there."

The victim said she bit her attacker when he covered her mouth with his hand.

She said she was terrified that Salazar might kill her with the anger he was displaying.

The woman said she played on her attacker's emotion to get him to get up and leave.

"I told him he would not want this to happen to his family," the victim said.

Salazar told the woman he didn't want to hurt her and only wanted to show her that danger exists, the victim told the judge.

"I begged him to leave," the woman said. "After this happened, nothing is the same in my life as it was before."

The tearful woman said she thought talking about the sexual assault wouldn't affect her at sentencing, "but it is still the same."

Her wish for Salazar, the woman said, was "that if he believes in God, and I think he does, he should pray for His forgiveness just as I am trying to forgive him too."

Deputy District Attorney Patrick Espinoza said the victim of the 2006 attack at Miramar Lake lost two teeth when she bit Salazar in the hand.

DNA was taken from the teeth -- found 1/4 mile away -- and a shirt that the defendant bled on, the prosecutor said.

In August 2007, a woman watching a story about a sexual assault in another part of San Diego County notified authorities that a perpetrator tried to grab her as she was jogging, Espinoza said.

The woman gave police a partial license plate number that she had written down, which was used to track Salazar to Escondido last December, where he was arrested for being drunk in public.

After the arrest, immigration officials said Salazar had been deported at least 10 times.

DNA taken from him was then linked to the 2004 and 2006 assaults, the prosecutor said.

Defense attorney Mary Knockeart told the judge that all of Salazar's crimes stemmed from a severe addiction to alcohol.

But Smyth, citing the randomness and viciousness of the attacks, sentenced Salazar to nearly the maximum 22 years in custody contemplated by the plea agreement.

The judge applauded the bravery of the victims, especially the woman attacked near Community Road, who cracked her attacker over the head with a rock to escape, before she was chased down and attacked again.

"I think all of them suffered greatly in this," the judge said. "There's no question that this defendant is an extraordinary danger to the community."

Assault Arrest 2/30/08

A major break in two cold cases involving assaults on women in the North County. The alleged assailant was in the country illegally.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/sto ... vZ5sQ.cspx
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

TV 10 News in San Diego just said that he had been deported at least 10 times.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wonder what the circumstances were behind the previous 10 deportations?

Well, he won't be returning for at least 21 yrs unless Arnold releases him soon.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The Arrest Of Carlos Ceron Salazar, A Mexian National, Is Another Glaring Example Of The Consequence Of Failed Deportation Policies

By richthink

Trespasser Carlos Ceron Salazar, a Mexican national with a history of immigration violations and arrests has been taken into custody as a suspect in a series of sexual assaults, authorities said Tuesday.

Carlos Ceron Salazar, 30, was booked into jail Monday in San Diego on suspicion of assault with intention to commit rape, mayhem and sexual battery in connection with an attack in December 2006 on a woman ogging at Miramar Lake, San Diego police said.

The woman told officers at the time that she was running about 12:30 p.m. when a man grabbed her around the neck and forced her to the ground.

She fought him and bit his hand so deeply that when he yanked it away, she lost two of her teeth. She escaped and called for help, police said.

Escondido police arrested Salazar on charges of public intoxication about 1:30 a.m. Dec. 22 on North Escondido Boulevard near West Valley Parkway, Escondido Lt. Bob Benton said.

While Salazar was at the Vista jail, officials ran a routine immigration check and found that he had extensive violations. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Lauren Mack said he had multiple apprehensions and had been deported or voluntarily returned to Mexico 10 times.

Further checks discovered that San Diego police and sheriff's detectives suspected him in several sexual assault cases.

A DNA sample taken from Salazar matched DNA collected from the attack at Miramar Lake as well as DNA taken from an assault in September 2004, authorities said. In that case, a woman jogging along a trail near Community Road in Poway about 8:30 a.m. was raped by a man who came up from behind her and threw her to the ground, said sheriff's Detective Jose Baltz.

Salazar also is a suspect in an attempted sexual assault in December 2005 when a woman was attacked at Lake Poway, Baltz said.

Additional charges of rape with a foreign object and attempted rape will be sought against him, Baltz said.

Sheriff's Department records show that Salazar also had been arrested in 2005 and 2006 on driving-under-the-influence charges.

This Country needs to wake up to the consequences of illegal immigration. Please write your Congressman and demand enforcement of our immigration laws.

http://www.placeropolis.com/detail/102341.html
    NO AMNESTY

After the arrest, immigration officials said Salazar had been deported at least 10 times.

DNA taken from him was then linked to the 2004 and 2006 assaults, the prosecutor said.
    Our government has failed us big time.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay

Our government has failed us big time.
    They had the DNA from 2004 and 2006 but they had no way of knowing who's it was until they arrested him and took a sample from him to match it to the crime scene samples because he wasn't in the DNA database.
    NO AMNESTY

MW
    JohnDoe wrote:

Yep, the article you posted said the same thing.

JohnDoe wrote:

They had the DNA from 2004 and 2006 but they had no way of knowing who's it was until they arrested him and took a sample from him to match it to the crime scene samples because he wasn't in the DNA database.
    Maybe we should start taking a DNA sample from every illegal alien that is deported. Wow, I can only imagine the reaction of the ACLU at the suggestion of such a thought.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    JohnDoe wrote:

Yep, the article you posted said the same thing. :wink:

[quote:1vy7e2dx]After the arrest, immigration officials said Salazar had been deported at least 10 times.
    [/quote:1vy7e2dx]

I went looking for a article that would back up what I heard on TV because it wasn't on the TV News site yet.
    NO AMNESTY

Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Lauren Mack said he had multiple apprehensions and had been deported or voluntarily returned to Mexico 10 times.
    "voluntarily returned to Mexico"? Ha. We all see how that worked out. Just how many times is this going to happen? Almost every time I read articles like this one, the perpetraitor has been deported more than once. Its time to come up with a different plan. Like branding, marking or implanting gps(s) in them. We need to use every method we can to stop these monsters.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn