Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal aliens stay or go decision

Illegal alien workers driven down hard road

Bad economy, job cuts forcing many into stay-or-go decision

By Leslie Berestein
    STAFF WRITER

December 14, 2008

Waiting with little more than a plastic bag in hand at the Tijuana bus station, Javier Torres was traveling solo among the crowds of luggage-laden families making the holiday trip to their Mexican hometowns.

But unlike most, Torres, 20, a construction worker who spent three years residing illegally in Miami, was thinking he might stick around for a year in Ensenada, where his parents live, before trying to return to the United States.

“In the past few months, I haven't had much work,â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[i]“The vast majority of Mexican migrants who have been in the U.S. for more than a few years have nothing to return to in Mexico,â€
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Demographers and border officials say they do not know how many illegal immigrants have gone back to their native countries. But it is clear that fewer are heading north.
    If you have no real knowledge of the outflow, how can one assume these folks have a real idea of inflow?[quote]In addition to the economic squeeze, Cruz is also feeling the stress of stricter immigration enforcement. He was once employed at a lumberyard, but lost his job two years ago when the housing market went bust. He estimates that since then he has filled out at least 20 job applications, [b]but “everyone wants a good Social Security number.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But for Cruz, leaving is not so easy. After arriving four years ago, he fell in love with a woman born in Zacatecas and raised in San Diego, and he settled down. They have a 2-year-old son.
    Oh no! We can't have them take their US born child to another country now can we? And of course we can't deport either of them because that would break up the family since their kid who was born to illegal immigrant parents is a US citizen (grrrrrrr!!!!). I don't know about the rest of you but I'm sick and tired of hearing about people who willingly come to this country illegally, breed, and then whine because they get thier deportation notices. If you come here illegally and decide to have children then you should be ready to suffer the consequences.

It's like the groups that are raising hell about the 287g programs. They act like illegals are innocent people who's only fault is they broke the law. Or that the program targets "Hispanics". Hmmm...seeing that over 80% of the illegal immigrants in North Carolina are "Hispanic" I guess they might be right.

I have to do my tear through the neighborhood stores between 10:30 and 11:30 am, otherwise, I get stuck in lunchtime traffic or get stuck behind elementary school buses that drop off about 20 munchkins at every stop, whose moms greet them in Spanish and walk them to apartments now advertising 2 br/2ba at $399 a month. That low rent gives me hope that many illegals have left and the management is trying to get some Americans that have lost their roof through foreclosure into the complex.
    Perhaps I dream too much, but at least the sign does not say habla Espanol. I also take solace from another small sign in English saying this area may be under video surveillance for our protection.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MERVYNS HIRING ILLEGAL ALIENS

http://www.mervyns.com/default.aspx

Mervyns Restructuring Information

Mervyns, the leading mid-tier department store chain in California and the Southwest, on Tuesday, July 29, announced that it and certain of its affiliates filed voluntary petitions for relief under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware (the "Bankruptcy Court") to restructure the Company's debt and re-align its business operations. The Company intends to work with its constituencies to execute its reorganization through Chapter 11. Mervyns stores will remain open and business will continue as the Company moves through the bankruptcy process.

Pilar Heredia, a day laborer who has struggled to find work, agreed to earn $40 a day wearing a sign for Mervyn's.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metr ... 4home.html

MERVYNS BANKRUPTCY ATTORNEY

MEDIA INQUIRES
    Joele Frank, Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher

Andrew Siegel
    James Golden
    140 E. 45th Street, 37th Floor
    New York, NY 10017
    T: 212-355-4449

http://joelefrank.com/contact/

http://www.mervyns.com/OutofBusiness.aspx

[quote="Richard"][i]“The vast majority of Mexican migrants who have been in the U.S. for more than a few years have nothing to return to in Mexico,â€

Quote Originally Posted by boxersbear
    But for Cruz, leaving is not so easy. After arriving four years ago, he fell in love with a woman born in Zacatecas and raised in San Diego, and he settled down. They have a 2-year-old son.
    Oh no! We can't have them take their US born child to another country now can we? And of course we can't deport either of them because that would break up the family since their kid who was born to illegal immigrant parents is a US citizen (grrrrrrr!!!!). I don't know about the rest of you but I'm sick and tired of hearing about people who willingly come to this country illegally, breed, and then whine because they get thier deportation notices. If you come here illegally and decide to have children then you should be ready to suffer the consequences.

It's like the groups that are raising hell about the 287g programs. They act like illegals are innocent people who's only fault is they broke the law. Or that the program targets "Hispanics". Hmmm...seeing that over 80% of the illegal immigrants in North Carolina are "Hispanic" I guess they might be right.
    I AGREE WITH YOU 100% THESE FOLKS MADE THE DECISIONS TO COME HERE ILLEGALLY AND THEN START BREEDING LIKE DOGS AND CATS JUST SO THEY CAN HAVE A REAL GOOD REASON AS TO WHY THEY CAN'T BE DEPORTED. I REALLY DO WISH THEY WOULD DO AWAY WITH THIS AUTOMATIC CITIZENSHIP OF KIDS BORN TO PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THIS COUNTRY ILLEGALLY. THIS IN ITSELF IS ONE OF THE REASONS THAT THEY COME HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. THE 14th AMENDMENT WAS NOT MEANT TO SERVE THEM IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. THEY ARE STEALING THAT FROM AFRICAN-AMERICANS AS WELL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast