Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigration Debate.....

Lone Protester

My name is Terry Funderburk. I live in Columbia, SC and have a small business in the new home construction industry here. I install copper on new homes. I have been in business for almost 20 years now and always had plenty of work lined up. Usually, I had 20 to 30 jobs lined up for the next few weeks. Last year my company grossed 176 grand. I have 2 employees and a partner. (my son). This year though, things have gone to hell in a hand basket. Here we are almost into August and my business has grossed so far this year 18 grand. (by this time last year we had grossed 110 grand). So what’s different between this year and last year? Right, the illegal competition.

Let me tell you a little story that actually happened to me this week (it still seems surreal). But it begins about a month ago. Then I stopped by a home that was being rebuilt due to a lightning strike last year I knew the homeowner, I have done 2 different copper jobs on his house before it burned down. I asked him if he was planning on installing copper on the front and rear porches and he said yes, to please give him a bid on it. He said that he had an international team of roofers to install the shingles on the roof and that if I wanted the copper job to be sure to give him a low bid. He said that the international roofers got paid 4 to 5 dollars an hour for the shingles. (thats what American roofers were making in 1970). Well, I turned in a bid to him for 5 grand on the copperwork. A fair price.

So this past Monday morning was when my adventure began. (and it ain't over by a long shot). I drove by that house early Monday, the international roofing team was hard at work installing the copper. I saw red. I got enraged. I went home, made up 2 picket signs, one said illegals, stop stealing our jobs and the other simply said Enforce our laws. I told my wife that I probably wasn't coming home that night because I was going to protest until I got arrested and taken to jail. In route to the job I called my son and told him what I was planning to do. I asked for his support, gave him my digital camera and had him park his truck across the intersection from the job with the camera and take pictures of me protesting that job. I got my picket sign and started marching up and down the street yelling. I brought out all of the homeowners neighbors told them exactly how cheap their friend was. Every vehicle that came by I made sure they slowed down, read my sign and saw how mad I was.

After about 30 minutes of doing this a single cop showed up. He pulled over, came up to me, grabbed my sign, threw it down on the road and told me to come to his patrol car with him. I asked him if I was under arrest, he said no that he just wanted to talk to me. I told him no, I wanted his hands off me, my sign back and that I wanted to keep expressing my first amendment rights. He grabbed me forcefully then, trying to steer me to his vehicle but I immediately sat down in the middle of the road. I was still yelling because I was madder than hell at that homeowner. He cuffed my hands behind me then he real forcefully tried to pick me up so I yelled to my son, Police brutality, take a picture, lol, That cop took his hands off me then and called for a backup. The other cop arrived after 30 minutes or so and the entire time I am so pissed I yelled at everybody that came by. A lot of them gave a thumbs up. Once the cop was talking to the homeowner so I reached over and picked up my sign with my hands cuffed and yelled for my son to take a picture, (nice one too).

Well, both cops came over to me, I asked them if I was under arrest they said no. They picked me up (no help from me) and shoved me in the back of the patrol car. I looked at the homeowner while they were doing this and he had a smirk on his face so I called him a cheap bastard. I asked both cops again if I was under arrest, they both said no so I demanded to be released. Then the first cop sat in the front seat and began to write a ticket. I asked him what was the charge he said cursing. lol. I started laughing then, it was just so damn funny (and tragic). I asked him, tell me, which crime is worse, cursing, that homeowner knowingly and admitting to employing illegals or the illegals breaking the law by being here illegally? Well, I certainly found out which crime is the most serious because I spent the next 22 hours in jail for cursing. When I got out of jail Tuesday afternoon I called and emailed 8 different law firms. I went to criminal court yesterday morning (for cursing mind you). The judge asked me how did I plead. I told him I wanted a jury trial. That’s what the lawyers had advised me. Every word in this story is true. I got the pictures to prove it. And the ticket for cursing too of course. My trial should be within the next 3 to six weeks, I'm just about bankrupt because of all the illegal competition, but I swear to God if I am found guilty of cursing I will take it all the way to the supreme court. I listened to Michael Savage the other evening and he said that there were 30 illegal Hispanics outside his studio protesting something he said over the air. He said that they sounded like they were offended and then he said that there are 180 million Americans offended by the millions of illegals flooding across our southern border but of the 2 groups who is our politicians and government listening to. The 30 illegals of course.

But I tell you what, it is way past time for the American people to put there feet down, to get rid of most of the bums in Washington and locally and get this country back to the way it was before it became politically correct. The way things are going these days I fear for the future of my kids and grandkids. Is there anybody out there with me or can offer me any advice? Thanks for reading a tragic story from a very outraged patriot. Terry Funderburk PS Almost forgot, but I am not one of Senator Lindsey Grahams bigots(this fellow is gone come Nov 0. I am married to a beautiful lady from the Philippines. It cost 15 grand in visa and lawyer fees to get her here LEGALLY. The process took 2 years. She didn't have a border to just stroll across like our southern neighbors love to do all the time. Terry Funderburk, lone protester. tbird19552001@yahoo.com

I think that Americans will be doing more of this as we say we have finally had enough. So cursing will get you 22 hours in jail while the illegals keep working away at their job site. Amazing.

Terry,

Second thought. The illegals are fleeing Georgia in droves. That's probably why you have noticed an increase this past year. Our new legislation passed last summer but wasn't enacted until this summer. I hate to tell you this, but it will probably get worse over the next 6 months.

Welcome to ALIPAC Terry.

Jake and MJ of Freedomfolks Blog told us about your story.

I'm sorry we have not been able to do more before now, to help you get the word out.

We have been backlogged with some administrative things around here, but should be back at full steam soon.

Please keep us posted on how things develop and we will do our best to help you in your struggle.

I think that homeowner was being a Cheap Bastard too and if any police officer wants to come and give me a ticket or arrest me for saying it, bring it on!

Americans are being taught to fear saying anything about this while we are being replaced in our jobs, our homes, our schools, OUR NATION!

Thank you for taking a stand Terry.

William Gheen
    President, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Terry...you got your story on....fantastic....I'm the one who suggested Alipac to you....now you will have more covverage and people behind you....
    Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We need to start protesting now!

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    Terry...you got your story on....fantastic....I'm the one who suggested Alipac to you....now you will have more covverage and people behind you....
    Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks a lot..... I hope that all who read this will be moved and awakend.
    BTW to all SC residents especially here in Columbia are who are against illegal immigration and affected primarily their own businesses, please contact Terry we want your support to stop this kind of practice. WE are planning a protest infront of the houses that we know hiring illegal immigrants. WE need to plan this and let the local media shaken and so with our local officials!..... "Lone protester wife"

We need to start protesting now!

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks a lot..... I hope that all who read this will be moved and awakend.
    BTW to all SC residents especially here in Columbia are who are against illegal immigration and affected primarily their own businesses, please contact Terry we want your support to stop this kind of practice. WE are planning a protest infront of the houses that we know hiring illegal immigrants. WE need to plan this and let the local media shaken and so with our local officials!..... "Lone protester wife"

Quote Originally Posted by saveourcountry
    Terry,

Second thought. The illegals are fleeing Georgia in droves. That's probably why you have noticed an increase this past year. Our new legislation passed last summer but wasn't enacted until this summer. I hate to tell you this, but it will probably get worse over the next 6 months.

Yes they are! I recently moved from Gwinnett Co to Cobb Co and there is a vast difference in the amount of illegals between these two counties...

Loneprotester, I feel for ya.. I too have spent time in jail for cursing...(not related to immigration) I only spent 8 hours tho....It was worth it
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

The illegals are fleeing Georgia in droves.

If only our state lawmakers had some backbone ----
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Terry, thank you for sharing your story with us. All of us here feel your pain and anger!
    Please contact Lou Dobbs with this story. Mistreating a law-abiding employer while the illegal invaders are ignored, and the law-breaking homeowner stands by and smirks. This story needs to go NATIONAL.
    Makes the BLOOD BOIL, doesn't it?
    You might get help with your legal fees when other Patriots across the country hear your story.
    Let us know if you plan another protest. You might get help there, too!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast