Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Immigration Enforcement Works! Illegal Immigrants Leaving AZ in Droves!
    Posted on Thursday, July 30 2009 @ 10:00:06 EDT ...
    www.alipac.us/article4411.html

Tide of illegal immigration reverses
    - 11/22/08 - San Francisco ...
    Nov 22, 2008 ... Due to the sluggish US economy many illegal immigrants are leaving ... Many illegal immigrants leave U.S.. Friday, November 21, 2008 ...
    abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local&id=6519927
    From your link:

"Capps said he believes the "pause" in illegal immigration to the U.S. should make immigration reform less contentious.

""It makes the conversation a little easier," he said."

Like I said, they're lying about the numbers to minimize the numbers issue of amnesty working on the theory that the fewer there are, the less Americans will care about legalizing them and giving them a pathway to citizenship.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Illegal Immigrant Population Down

Thursday August 6, 2009

A recent report from the Center for Immigration Studies shows that illegal immigration has declined more than 13% between the summer of 2007 and the first quarter of 2009. According to "A Shifting Tide: Recent Trends in the Illegal Immigrant Population," fewer undocumented immigrants are crossing the border and more are returning home due to increased immigration enforcement and the recession.

During an interview this week with USA Today, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano was asked to comment on this decrease in the illegal population. She also shared her views on enforcement.

Q: A study last week said the number of illegal immigrants in the country was down by 1.7 million. Do your numbers reflect the same decline, and if so, what do you attribute that to?

A: We see a number of indicators of decline. There's a decline in remittances (money sent back to one's home country). The number of apprehensions is down. I would say it's a combination of these two things, the declining economy and increased enforcement. Whenever I hear somebody say, "The border's out of control!" I know that that's somebody who's just trying to gin people up because, in reality, there is way more physical infrastructure, technology and manpower down there than there ever was. So it is not the same border as it was in the early '90s. It's changed remarkably, and it is very, very difficult to cross illegally.

Q: As a former Arizona governor, how have you applied your knowledge of that region to immigration and border enforcement?

A: We have changed guidance on how we do work-site enforcement to really focus on building cases against employers. If there were a new comprehensive law, one of the things that the law needs to do is make it easier to actually bring a case against an employer. A second is really focusing on how we do these 287(g) agreements (federal and local law enforcement partnerships), which were kind of all over the map when I came in office. We are prioritizing, using training to focus on jails and prisons so that you don't have people released who are in the country illegally. Instead, that immigration removal process actually begins during their period of incarceration. A third change is we are reviewing the detention system for immigration detainees. The preliminary parts of that review will be done in the next day or two.

The New York Times tells us we can expect to see the immigration detention reform plan that Napolitano mentioned, today.

http://immigration.about.com/b/2009/08/ ... n-down.htm
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Illegal Immigration | Center for Immigration Studies

A Shifting Tide: Recent Trends in the Illegal Immigrant Population.

By Steven A. Camarota, Karen Jensenius July 2009. Backgrounders and Reports ...

www.cis.org/illegal

http://www.cis.org/IllegalImmigration-ShiftingTide
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

From your link:

"Whenever I hear somebody say, "The border's out of control!" I know that that's somebody who's just trying to gin people up because, in reality, there is way more physical infrastructure, technology and manpower down there than there ever was. So it is not the same border as it was in the early '90s. It's changed remarkably, and it is very, very difficult to cross illegally." -- Janet Napolitano

So are we just "ginning people up" with our claims that the border is out of control? Is it "very, very difficult to cross illegally" now that Janet is in charge of Homeland Security when "apprehensions are down" which means they're arresting less rather than more illegal aliens?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    This is very encouraging news! Needs to be homepaged!

W
    I'm agreeing with W that this is good news (That illegal immgration is down)

I don't know what you are ranting and raving about.
    NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    This is very encouraging news! Needs to be homepaged!

W
    I'm agreeing with W that this is good news (That illegal immgration is down)

I don't know what you are ranting and raving about.
    You're free to agree with W on anything you want. My posts have nothing to do with you or W's post. My posts have to do with the lie being distributed by the Open Borders Lobby through the US Department of Homeland Stupidity that there are only 10 million illegal aliens in the country stated in the article you posted.

The illegal population has declined significantly, and that is GREAT NEWS. This is definitely a step in the right direction. BUT...we have tons of work to do. There is still a substantial illegal population in our country and that is unacceptable. Illegals are still holding jobs that Americans should be holding and that is also unacceptable. There is no reason for illegal entrants to be able to live and work in this country. American's rightful place in our workplaces and our schools are being stolen.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If illegal aliens are leaving some areas, that is good news. I have not noticed any decreases in this area, probably the opposite. There are increasing demands for more free services from City officials, the Chamber, immigrant and refugee groups, foreign businesses, and others.

As we step up pressure on politicians, candidates, law enforcement, local and state officials, and others, hopefully the numbers will decrease even more.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    If illegal aliens are leaving some areas, that is good news. I have not noticed any decreases in this area, probably the opposite. There are increasing demands for more free services from City officials, the Chamber, immigrant and refugee groups, foreign businesses, and others.

As we step up pressure on politicians, candidates, law enforcement, local and state officials, and others, hopefully the numbers will decrease even more.

Psalm 91
    No decreases here in Sanctuary City San Francisco either.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast