Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal workers, illegal hiring

http://www.santamariatimes.com/articles ... 60105b.txt

Illegal workers, illegal hiring

Several hundred hardy citizens recently spent a few weeks patrolling Arizona's border with Mexico, in an effort to stem the flow of illegal immigrants. The group claimed some success, with dozens of people turned back trying to enter the United States.

The amateur border patrollers then went home and the immigrants resumed their steady march into this country, mostly in search of jobs to support their families back home.

There is much debate on how to curb illegal immigration, a lot of it focused on turning back illegals at the border. There is not much talk, however, of eliminating the attraction that lures them across the border - U.S. jobs.

While the federal government spends billions on border security, U.S. business owners continue to hire illegal immigrants with impunity. When there are sweeps of U.S. businesses, the targets generally are the illegal workers, not those who hire them.

And despite some high-profile cases made against U.S. businesses - Wal-Mart paid an $11 million fine for using illegal workers - employers pretty much understand they can hire at will. In 1993, there were 7,630 worksite arrests involving illegal immigrants and their employers. By 2003, the number of such arrests had dropped to 445. In 1993, fines were levied in 944 cases. By 2003, only 124 cases resulted in penalties.

No one really knows how many illegal immigrants are working in the United States, but the most recent best guess is about 7 million. There aren't enough Border Patrol and other federal agencies' agents to deal with those kinds of numbers.

A bill is making its way through the U.S. Senate that would create strict new penalties for business owners convicted of hiring illegal workers. That's a regressive approach to a very old problem. A better solution might be to find a way to allow foreign workers without threatening national security or overwhelming our public services.

June 1, 2005
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I saw that

I have already sent faxes to my representatives in support of the bill.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

illegal workers, illegal hiring

Quote:
    While the federal government spends billions on border security, U.S. business owners continue to hire illegal immigrants with impunity. When there are sweeps of U.S. businesses, the targets generally are the illegal workers, not those who hire them.

Where are the billions of dollars going? I just don't see where the money is being spent to stop the flow of illegals.
    We need to report these businesses to the IRS, ICE, and local, state, and federal authorities. Someday, somebody is going to pay for blatantly ignoring the law.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And despite some high-profile cases made against U.S. businesses - Wal-Mart paid an $11 million fine for using illegal workers - employers pretty much understand they can hire at will. In 1993, there were 7,630 worksite arrests involving illegal immigrants and their employers. By 2003, the number of such arrests had dropped to 445. In 1993, fines were levied in 944 cases. By 2003, only 124 cases resulted in penalties.
    The money saved by hiring illegals offsets the amount of the fines.
    Wal-Fart makes $11 million in a DAY, I would submit, in TEXAS alone. Therefore, what is the loss of one days revenue to them. NOTHING.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN