Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Immigrant rights group calls for boycott of Dunkin Donuts

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sectio ... id=4615520

Click Here to Watch Video

Immigrant rights group calls for boycott

Dunkin Donuts, Applebee's accused of discrimination

By Evelyn Holmes
    September 30, 2006 - A local group fighting for immigrant rights is calling for a boycott of two nationally known companies. Dunkin Donuts and Applebee's are accused of discriminating against immigrant workers whose names don't match their social security numbers.

On the 10th anniversary of what immigration reform advocates call stringent changes to immigration laws, supports of the legalization of the undocumented are once again speaking out -- only this time, they are hoping not only to mobilize their vote, but also use their buying power to force the kind of change they want.

"The social security administration says it plans to send out 8 million no match letters," said Martino Unzuerta, Chicago Workers Collaborative.

The initial purpose of the social security administration's 'no match' letter was to credit workers unclaimed social security earnings. The agency routinely sends out 'no match' letters to a company when employees' names and social security numbers don't match possibly because of a spelling error, omission of information or a unreported name change. But immigration activists say some employers are now aggressively using the letters to fire immigrant workers.

"The Bush administration wants to give the appearance that they are cracking down on undocumented immigration and workers are an easy escape goat," said James Thindwa, Chicago Jobs with Justice.

Groups accuse several companies of the practice using 'no match' letters to immigrant workers who don't have valid social security numbers. They want the public to boycott businesses, including Applebee's and Dunkin Donuts. Neither company could be reached for comment.

Some immigration rights groups at Federal Plaza say it is no mistake there has been an increase in effort to curtail immigration reform. They have planned a day of fasting in protest of the 'no match' letters, raids, and deportations.

"It looks to me like its racism," said Emma Lozano, Pueblo Sin Fronteras.

The National Alliance for Immigration Rights wants an immediate moratorium on all workplace raids and deportations. As does Elvira Arellano -- who still seeks refuge at a West Side church after being slated for deportation because she's undocumented. Her seven-year-old son, a U.S. citizen, will go to the nation's capital to try to save his mother.

"I want President Bush to stop the raid and the deportation of my mom so she can stay with me," said Saul Arellano, Elvira's son.

Those for strict control over America's borders say there has been some progress in their fight, but more must be done.

"We are gaining ground and that Americans are waking up to the problems that illegal immigration causes in our country," said Robert Klein Engler, Illinois Minuteman Project.

Saul will be accompanied by several immigration activists as well as by Congressman Luis Guitterez to Washington DC. The group plans to address the president on Tuesday.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"I want President Bush to stop the raid and the deportation of my mom so she can stay with me," said Saul Arellano, Elvira's son.
    And he said this right? ..a 7 year old?......do I smell the set up or what!...
    hey...can someone throw me a Dunkin Donut please!
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

MW
    Saul will be accompanied by several immigration activists as well as by Congressman Luis Guitterez to Washington DC. The group plans to address the president on Tuesday.
    I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this. These folks, including Congressman Guitterez, are actually going to ask the President of the United States to openly defy the law by allowing Ms. Arellano to stay in the United States. Remember, this lady is already under a deportation order. A judge issued deportation order is not something the president can legally override, is it?

I'll bet you a dollar to a Dunkin-Donute that all this is being instigated by Congressman Guitterez. Any takers?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This 7 yr old boy needs to be in school learning the 3 r's and playing with the kids at recess instead of worrying about activism for his mom. I wonder why social services are not as concerned for his welfare, pardon the pun here, as they seemed to be about the 16 yr old kid who refused to take any more Chemo, so they took his parents to court to force the poor kid to take the chemo, think they lost that one. hope so. They always seem to have their long noses in things they shouldn't and look the other way at things they should be worried about!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Dunkin Donuts and Applebee's are accused of discriminating against immigrant workers whose names don't match their social security numbers.

Hey! Mine didn't match either when I got married but I went to the SS office and fixed it.

nitty,

I'm sick of seeing them wag the children around in front of everyone like the kids are going to make us change our minds. We didn't put the kids in the predicament the parents did. I'm not bearing their guilt.

This may sound cold hearted but I will tell the little kids, just like I will the parents, you are going home. At least, I wont continue to lie to the children or make them believe it is OK to live unlawfully in America. I'd be honest with myself and my children.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Hey, these folks are going to the White House on Tuesday, why don't we start calling the White House on Monday and insist they deport this lady immediately! We could head 'em off at the pass. Just a thought.......

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

September 30, 2006 - A local group fighting for immigrant rights is calling for a boycott of two nationally known companies. Dunkin Donuts and Applebee's are accused of discriminating against immigrant workers whose names don't match their social security numbers.
    What???? They actually think it's wrong for U.S. companies to look the other way when illegals STEAL some unsuspecting persons's social security number and fraudently use it to get a job??

I swear to you all. Our country has gone insane. It really has. Everything's upside down and sideways. All the logical, rational, sane laws we had seem to have flown out the window when it comes to illegal immigrants. I have never seen U.S. laws so blatantly broken and ignored, not only by the criminals, but by our government, law enforcement, and U.S. business and companies.

Since when did anarchy take over???
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    What???? They actually think it's wrong for U.S. companies to look the other way when illegals STEAL some unsuspecting persons's social security number and fraudently use it to get a job??

I swear to you all. Our country has gone insane. It really has. Everything's upside down and sideways. All the logical, rational, sane laws we had seem to have flown out the window when it comes to illegal immigrants. I have never seen U.S. laws so blatantly broken and ignored, not only by the criminals, but by our government, law enforcement, and U.S. business and companies.

Since when did anarchy take over???
    Agree totally.
    Just may have dinner at Applebee's tomorrow. I'd have a donut but my bod doesn't need those.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Please Please let me be presedent for about 30 days.
    Day 1: Prison inmates build the fence. Pay them exactly what they earn in prison.
    Day 2: Reiterate the EXACT procedure for obtaining a visa into the USA.
    Day 3: Publish day 2's reiteration in spanish so that the policy is very clear.
    Day 4: All no match Social security number holders MUST Physically report to the social security administration in the town that they reside in. The Social security offices will be open for 48 hrs straight. Giving EVERYONE a chance to get there.
    Day 5: Press conference to inform every illegal immigrant to say GOOD BYE to friends and family.
    Day 6: All no match social security cases due to error have been corrected. All other cases that are FRAUD will begin to be prosecuted.
    Day 7: Press conference to inform the world that America has rules and regulations. These regulations must be abided by both the citizens and those who wish to immigrate to America.
    Day 8: The fence has been completed. We've saved 100's of millions by using prison labor.
    Day 9: Hmmm. Put all Federal prisons on the southern boarders. Now we have instant boarder control at a fraction of the cost.
    Day 10: Press conference to inform all Illegal Immigrants that they Have 24 Hrs to turn themselves in or face a five year prison term when they are rounded up.
    Day 11:Press conference to inform employers who depend on illegal immigrants to submit thier manpower requirements.
    Day 12: Begin to fill those requirements with welfare recipients and other American Citizens who needs or wants a job. Also any student receiving financial aid must work at least one week during summer break if not in school.
    Day 13: This is my best day. Call in ALL congressmen and inform them that their services will no longer be required.
    Day 14: Those prosecuted and found guilty of being an illegal immigrant start their prison terms.
    Day 15: Send a Bill to the Mexican Government for the cost of prosecution, Imprisonment, Medical services, lost wages and any expenses incured due to their lack of cooperation in resolving THEIR problem.
    Day 16: Problems solved on the Illegal immigration front. Now I'll take three days to solve the middle east situation and maybe Ill grill a few steaks at camp david for the weekend...

YOU HAVE MY VOTE

I'll vote for you. Let's all do lunch at Applebee's and have a coffee at Dunkin Donuts.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast