Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration Amendments Loom on Upcoming Bills, Sessions Says

CQ TODAY MIDDAY UPDATE
    Sept. 12, 2007 – 1:40 p.m.
    Immigration Amendments Loom on Upcoming Bills, Sessions Says
    Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., a leading immigration policy critic, said Wednesday that amendments planned for upcoming legislation could put more than 4 million illegal immigrants on a path to citizenship.

That is about one-third of the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants who would have benefited from the comprehensive immigration overhaul bill (S 1639) he helped kill earlier this year, Sessions said.

Sessions warned colleagues in a letter that legislation (S 774) labeled the DREAM Act that would allow states to provide college benefits to illegal immigrants could be offered as an amendment to the fiscal 2008 Defense appropriations bill (HR 3222) later this month. The measure could benefit 1.3 million illegal immigrants.

More alarming to Sessions was that Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., plans to offer an amendment to the five-year farm bill that could come to the floor in October that could legalize 1.5 million farm workers. The Congressional Budget Office estimated they would bring another 1.8 million relatives into the country with them.

“To people who voted against the comprehensive package, they really should not vote for this,â€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

FAIR just sent out an action alert on the Dream Act. Along with calls protesting the dangerous Mexican truck program, we should call against the Dream Act and AgJobs amnesties.

Excerpt from FAIR on the Dream Act amnesty scheme:

Senate Poised to Debate DREAM Act
    Call Your Senators and Object!!!

This week, there have been increasing reports from the Hill that Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) intends to offer the DREAM Act as an amendment to the FY08 Department of Defense Authorization Bill (H.R.1585). Debate of this legislation and the Durbin Amendment is expected NEXT WEEK! Yesterday, Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL) held a press conference alerting the Capitol press corps to the growing possibility that the DREAM Act would be resurrected. Calling the bill "amnesty," he said, "We may be headed for another immigration battle."

The DREAM Act does two things: (1) it grants amnesty to illegal aliens who entered the country before the age of 16 and have met certain educational requirements and (2) it reverses current law to allow states to provide in-state tuition to illegal aliens while charging non-resident U.S. citizens out-of-state tuition.

The DREAM Act creates a three-tiered system to grant amnesty to illegal aliens who arrived in the U.S. before the age of 16.

Illegal aliens who are over 12 and are enrolled in primary or secondary school are eligible for a stay of removal.

Illegal aliens who have obtained a high school diploma or a GED, or have simply been admitted to an institution of higher education, are eligible for conditional lawful permanent resident status (conditional LPR status). There is NO CAP ON THE NUMBER OF ALIENS who may receive conditional LPR status, there is NO AGE LIMIT, and such status MAY BE EXTENDED INDEFINITELY.

Illegal aliens who have already obtained conditional LPR status under the act and have also completed at least 2 years of a degree program or 2 years in the military are eligible for legal permanent resident status (LPR status).

PLEASE CALL YOUR SENATORS NOW AND URGE THEM TO REJECT THE DREAM ACT!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks once again to Sen. Sessions who has held fast to doing the right thing.

We appreciate the 'heads-up'.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just wrote to both my senators opposing the dream act.

This weekend when I have the time I will write to that senator from Alabama thanking him. I realized I need to praise when praise is due.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

It's the never ending story

wow... these politicians are just unrelenting and are pushing amnesty every step of the way....

People .... if you have a politician that keeps playing the AMNESTY card, you need to get rid of them..... put that sorry A_ _ out of office

In the mean time we cannot let up or show weakness that they can and will exploit

Moving to the news section.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

God help me!! HELLLLOOO congresss my plate is full, What a bunch of Jerks, We need Talk radio on this stuff to get the American people pissed off again and put a stop to this crap!!

I can't even get it all on my message board anymore or I'll take up the whole page I hate our government!! well not all of them, thank goodness for people like Sessions

---------------------- RED ALERT " NOW" ------------------------
    HELP STOP "BUSH'S VETO" "STOP" MEXICO'S TRUCKS!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 552#472552
    ORANGE ALERTS:
    STOP... REAL ID (NOW) ISSUED IN NC, CT @ OK ( they don't need to track citizens)
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=470075
    Support.. HR1940 STOP BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=81156
    STOP..HR1999 15million$$$$ funding to LaRaza
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=80374
    PLEASE MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO ALICPAC "WE MUST STAY IN THE FIGHT"
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9
    Contact Info...Senators, Representatives & USEFUL INFORMATION
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 761#384761
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Here's a new analysis of the "Dream" Act from Kris Kobach. I hope activists are calling against this scheme:

A Sleeper Amnesty: Time to Wake Up from the DREAM Act

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/bg2069.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Here's a new analysis of the "Dream" Act from Kris Kobach. I hope activists are calling against this scheme:

A Sleeper Amnesty: Time to Wake Up from the DREAM Act

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/bg2069.cfm
    This article was interesting reading, but, somebody please tell me, what can I actually do about having to pay out of state tuition rates? Our daughter attends Univ. of Illinois at non-resident rates of $34,000 per year while an illegal alien only has to pay around $9000.
    The article says that they are in violation of federal law, but, as a practical matter, there seems to be nothing that can be done.

I wish I had a good answer Slantedplanet. Your type of unfair situation is one of the main points I've been stressing in my calls to the Senate. I know some governors are standing up to this nonsense and vetoing in-state tuition for illegals (such as Jodi Rell in Connecticut). Hopefully litigation and more political will stop this in other states -- but we have to stop the misnamed "Dream" Act.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast