Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration issues behind Spitzer's falling approval

DUH! Ya THINK?

Nearly two-thirds of respondents to a Quinnipiac poll disagree with Mr. Spitzer’s handling of immigration issues, particularly his failed plan to give driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants.

December 12. 2007 12:22PMBy: Kira Bindrim

Bloomberg News Gov. Eliot Spitzer’s approval rating hit a new low among voters in November with only 5% saying he’s doing a better job than they expected, according to a new poll.

Only 37% of New York state voters approve of the way Mr. Spitzer is handling his job as governor, compared with 47% in October, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday. The governor’s approval rating hit a high of 61% in a February poll.

Nearly two-thirds of respondents are at odds with Mr. Spitzer’s handling of immigration issues, particularly last months’ controversial plan to give driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants. The governor had touted the proposal as a means of improving road safety and brining immigrants “out of the shadows,â€

Its wonderful to see him, the Governor of My home state, falling like a rock in polls. I was one of millions of those across New York State and the country calling, faxing, emailing when he tried to ram rewards to illegal aliens in the form of driving priveleges.

I voted for the moron thinking he might actually fix the political log jam at the capital, however, the only thing he has accomplished is the fact that I WILL NEVER vote for him again, I will never forget his foolish plan to reward those here illegaly.

ENFORCE our laws MR one-term GOVERNOR, don't make up your own without legislative approval. YOU FAILED and will fail in any attempt to run again, THANKFULLY