Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

India: Legal immigrants in the US up in arms

Freeze on green cards till October

Legal immigrants in the US are up in arms over the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) decision to freeze processing of green card applications till October.

The reversal of an earlier decision announced in June followed the realisation that the green card quota for the year was already used up.

“The sudden backlog reduction efforts by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices in the past month have resulted in the use of almost 60,000 employment numbers,â€

I AM GETTING SO SICK OF FOREIGNERS MAKING DEMANDS! It seems EVERYONE is ENTITLED to make demands except AMERICAN CITIZENS!!!

Yes, and on another board someone [American] said to Indians on the topic of work visas, that if she were to complain that the Indian government was ignoring her needs and desires when framing their laws, they [Indians] would just laugh at her. This surrealistic sense of entitlement to American jobs just riles me up. That door absolutely doesn't swing both ways, for a number of reasons.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by girlygirl369
    I AM GETTING SO SICK OF FOREIGNERS MAKING DEMANDS! It seems EVERYONE is ENTITLED to make demands except AMERICAN CITIZENS!!!
    Well Said.....

Everyone in the entire world knows that we are weak. This is disgusting.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

I have a question

Greetings -

As my user name suggests I am on an H1b visa and am debating weather I should make American my home.

I have read and seen a lot of debate on TV about immigration in the past few months, which have been very informative, but also somewhat confusing. Confusing because I see a lot of opposition to illegal immigration, I some what see why, I also see people opposing illegal immigration say that they are not against legal immigration – so far so good – but the confusion starts when the same people, who say they support legal immigration, describe family based legal immigration as "chain migration" and define Employment based Legal immigrants as "people taking away American jobs".

In my knowledge Family based immigration and employment based immigration are the only two types of "Legal" immigration in this county? So if people are opposed to both then which form of legal immigration do they support?

I would really like to have a civil debate on this issue where we can openly share our opinions with calling each other names.

Any takers?

Welcome H1b_Holder! Glad to have you here. We do indeed support all legal immigration and welcome those who come in good will to become a part of our great country. I think the disdain that is being shown about 'family based immigration' (your words) is the abuse and fraudulent use of the privilege. There are instances of women crossing the southern border in active labor to give birth in the U.S. that will thereby furnish a claim to them for future citizenship. This, of course, violates the spirit of the law. As of consequence of this abuse, at least one hospital has had to close their obstetrics unit. This action deprives the citizens of that community of a resource to which they are rightfully entitled. It is this type of abuse and sense of entitlement that has raised the tenor of the debate.

As to this article, no one in our country as a guest or that is a non-citizens should be complaining about the way we run this place. This is our country and if you don't like it leave. Get over it! No one is treating any one unfairly. We make the decisions here, not foreign nationals.

HB1,

Here is what I feel the problem is with 99% of the family sponsorships.

People who sponsor family members do not use good judgment. They sponsor sex offender relatives that rape their own children while they are being processed. They sponsor criminal, drug dealer and gangster relatives. They sponsor sick and terminally ill relatives. They sponsor non-productive and unable to work relatives. They sponsor elderly relatives that come here and work just long enough to get social security. They sponsor people that are as dumb as dirt that will never ever be able to immigrate on their own merits or learn English.

People are being allowed in that are unworthy, undesirable, unhealthy... only because their stupid relative sponsored them.

Frankly, if you are leaving your homeland to become an American then you have chosen to leave behind your extended family.

Biblically speaking, a family unit is your spouse and unwed children. Nobody else.

I have relatives that I would not sponsor.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The problem in this country is that we have a President who likes to keep the door open for all who want to enter. This has definitely got to stop. We cannot accommodate everyone who wants to come here. But people of foreign lands see illegals in this country screaming for rights and they've decided to try it, too (India)
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Dixie

I have nothing to add other than AMEN.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast