Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Legal immigration was the highest in early part of 1900's not today.
    No. This is not true. See graph below.

Sources: U.S. Census Bureau; Statistical Yearbook, Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services.

OK. If you want to close the doors to protect your interest - people are going to find other (illegal) ways to enter. Immigration is not going to go away because some quota has reached, back to me rich guy in a poor neighborhood analogy.
    So, are you saying you'd overstay your visa if you cannot get a green card?

Let me ask you a few questions. Why do you feel entitled to come and live here permanently? Are you from India? How has India's enormous population affected the quality of life for people there?

H1b-Holder, My God you just think you have the answer to everything and yet you are clueless. When alipac took its name we did not have the problem with H1b's we have today and you don't just change the name of something everytime the circumstances change.

You can argue all day long, but we have a problem TODAY with H1b visa's and many other visa's and illegal immigrants, who cares what America did a 100 years ago I'm sure they did what they thought best in that time period, The statue of Liberty is a national monument, just because it is there it does not mean we have to destroy America for it.

Here's the bottom line "WE THE PEOPLE" ( citizens of the United States) feel our country is in dire straights, desperate need of an over all change, due to the incompetence of our elected officals and since it is our country, our homeland, our future, we have the right to do what is best for us as a people. You don't have to like it or appove of it, bottom line it does not matter if you do or don't, you can go home to your country, we are home!!! so get over it and leave us to fix our country, because that is exactly what we plan to do and we will! guaranteed!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

[quote]H1b_Holder
    ALIPAC New Recruit!

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:00 pm Post subject:

I am still in transit but have about 45 mins before my next flight and what better way to spend it!

Lots of responses – I am going to try and respond to as many as I can.

I also want to state that I might not agree with the opinions of people on this forum but I do understand the reason and acknowledge the right of the “nativesâ€

Well, since he has so much time online, let's give him some homework. I get tired of being lectured on America by foreigners.

OK, Immigration Voice dude:

1. Where in the Constitution do you see immigration or naturalization listed as a right? To help you look, here it is online: http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

2. If there is an untrammeled right of mankind to come here, why did the framers of the Constitution bother assigning the power of regulating naturalization to Congress? Could it be that they foresaw that times might change?

3. Who wrote the words associated with the Statue of Liberty? When were they written? (http://www.libertystatepark.com/emma.htm, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Lazarus)

4. Trick question: have immigrants ever been welcomed here with open arms? If not not, what were the reasons? (http://www.murthy.com/news/UDhist1.html)

It is my hope that this exercise will increase his understanding that America is a sovereign nation and not the world's job fair. And that he will understand more clearly that a 21st century person concerned about job loss and the environment is not necessarily a robed Klansman.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If we feel like working here in the US, then we will too
    No, that it is NOT up to you to have the final say - that is up to US law which has been hammered out through legislative process involving elected US Representatives over the course of many years (generations, in fact).
    Foreign persons possessing citizenship must have legal/procedural PERMISSION to work in the US - before doing so.

WE have the right to revise, change, modify, bend, staple, mutilate immigration law as we see fit - not only for the protection of the country and her citizens, but solely as a whim - if it be deemed necessary.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    [Didn't someone say it was a 'path to citizenship?'
    I think it was one of the other H-1B people on this website that argued that H-1B is a path to citizenship.

All the while, and by definition, readers are reminded H-1B and L-1 visas are NON-immigrant visas, the purpose is to take our jobs.

Cursory exploration of the two largest pro-H-1B websites indicates that those from India desire green cards and not citizenship. One can infer that they want the convenience of the green card while their allegiance remains India.

What is amazing is why a citizen of India would want to come here in the first place. Article after article in India's mass media extoll the fact that Bangalore is now the worldwide technology capital, having replaced Silicon Valley! Bangalore is considered (by the Economic Times), to be the world's "technology powerhouse!"

Why do these people would want to come to the US (a country that is self destructing, thanks to many senators), instead of fighting to go to Bangalore (or to remain in Bangalore)? Therefore the sanity of these people is called into question - that they would want to leave the world's most advanced technology centre (Bangalore), and come to a third rate country such as the US is fast becoming.

And the answer is - they own the US Senate (not the individual H-1Bs, but Ratan Tata does)! They're loyaly and devotion to Ratan Tata surpasses any personal gain they would otherwise come to by remaining in Bangalore.

One might infer that their loyalty to Ratan Tata equates to north Koreans' loyalty to their "dear leader," Kim Jung IL.

Ratan Tata

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Folks -

I did not come here to lecture anyone or somehow claim my right to citizenship. And I certainly did not come here to get attacked and insulted. I am here to express to you my side of the story and hear yours. If you think that it is a waste of time then I apologize for doing so wish you all well.

If anyone wants to continue this discussion please feel free to send me a PM and we can do it offline.

One last thing.

Nouveauxpoor -

I am not sure what you are trying to suggest with your excellent piece of investigation but for your peace of mind - I was in transit on Sunday when i wrote my first post but did not get to post it till Monday as it took longer for me to write and I had to catch a plane. I did not revise it when I finally posted it. The rest of my posts where written on Monday after my first post.

Let me know if you need to see my boarding card and I will be happy to email you a scanned copy. I dont want to leave with an impression that not only are H1b holders taking American jobs but are also corrupting the ethical fabric of the American society by lying.

Whenever there is a public comment area on the topic of globalism, I always see at least one, and usually more than one, of these foreign workers show up and argue a lot crazy and insulting points. There's the "we're all immigrants" line in which they challenge the sovereign right of America to put any restrictions on the movement of foreign workers to take jobs here.

There's also the "we're superior and more deserving of the jobs" argument. This one attacks our education system, our culture, and sometimes even turns racial (as in, some say they think better than we do, see the 35=10 rule). In this argument, the American (never mind America's past history as a technology leader) was never really competent for the job anyway, and deserves to lose and should just submit to the superior competitor.

A variation on this is the contention that we Americans earn too much and deserve to be taken down a peg because of our greed and overconsumption. Many of these folks do not take into account how the American economy is dependent on consumer spending and taxes for its life blood and how we also have to pay big American bills out of that pay check. They simply don't understand the economic ecology of our society, and fail to grasp that removing or reducing American salaries harms the entire system, not just the individual. Some foreign individuals even believe that America would grind to a halt without their contribution (never mind how we got by before).

Finally, back in the 1950's we used to hear the term 'ugly American' used to describe the thoughtless, ignorant and arrogant behavior of some Americans overseas. Maybe this is the age of the 'ugly Asian' in that many of the same factors of entitlement and ignorance of the host culture are present, I'm wondering. I've read many times that they think they are 'educating' us by coming on to our forums and spouting their party line.

Whether that is true or not, just look at the giant undercurrent of wishful thinking and rationalization that pervades all their arguments. They want their jobs and careers, and sincerely believe all sorts of things to justify it. Nobody wants to feel like they're in the wrong. So, they end up genuinely believing all manner of insulting and untrue things about America and Americans. If anyone is interested, I'll post some of the vitriol I've seen in public comment places, but for now, I hope we all enjoyed our visit from Immigration Voice. By the standards I've seen elsewhere, it was quite tame.

Banned
    Thanks BetsyRoss for your thorough summary. We have seen this pattern over and over and over again. It's becoming very tiresome.

By the standards I've seen elsewhere, it was quite tame.
    Perhaps this is because they cannot get away with spouting their wild rhetoric unchallenged here.

H1b_Holder wrote:

Nouveauxpoor -

I am not sure what you are trying to suggest with your excellent piece of investigation but for your peace of mind - I was in transit on Sunday when i wrote my first post but did not get to post it till Monday as it took longer for me to write and I had to catch a plane. I did not revise it when I finally posted it. The rest of my posts where written on Monday after my first post

Thank you for complimenting my investigatory skills -a talent to which I lay no claim. Your post at 1:00P yesterday was directed to me and I intended to make a response. I was very busy and since you said you were about to board a plane I didn't expect you to be online for at least a number of hours. When I remembered it last evening I was surprised to see that contrary to your earlier post you had indeed been online the entire afternoon.