Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by "legalSkilled

Yes, perspectives change. Everyone have their own perception. My wife has never got into this, discussion groups and lobbying and has no clue if there are people in America that hate her for what she is or just because she is here. She got the best resident award in her first year residency and her perception is that, it is her hard work and dedication and her excellent credentials that got her through the stringent residency process and she has no clue there are people who hate her for what she is.

My perspective - I am surprised. Why hate us for what we are? We are hard working peace loving people. I do understand that the hatred and anger is actually not against us but against your government and corporates, but you show it on us just because we are on work visas, have no voice and anything can be done to us.

If you can help us you can, if you dont want us tell your govt, but why show it on us.
    Many of us to tell our government - but these foreigner workers are not brought here in chains. No one forced anyone to come here.

Why in the world do people always bring up 'hatred'?

Think about this, if Americans were not the kindest, most generous - sometimes suicidal in this area, foreigners would not want to live here.

It is our very generosity and kindness that is used against us in this.

You wife is probably a very fine student, good at her job, but understand there are many Americans who are also. There are many young Americans who would like to have the hope if they study hard, get a good education, they can also get jobs. That is being seriously undermined.

Why should an American go to school to be an RN, when they are going to import RN's from India? What chance to they have to obtaining a job once they have their credentials?

Or engineer?

Why should an American go to school and get a degree to become a teacher, when the school districts are hiring foreigners because they will work for less?

As I said, present Amerians are kind and generous. Past Americans gave their fortunes, their limbs, and their lives to build this country. Past Americans obeyed the law, maintained and sustained this country so it could become what it is. Do the foreign workers feel no gratitude to Americans - present and past? Or only disdain and the idea that somehow Americans are not as educated or intelligent or capable?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    LegalSkilled, I don't know why you would think anyone here hates you or other people who would want to come here. Not at all. The main point that several of us have made is that we don't seek to end all immigration, but we need to LIMIT immigration to levels that benefit our country, its citizens, our environment, etc.

I am angry that we have a very corrupt government that has been comandeered by globalist corporate interests and that has ceased making decisions and policy for the common good of the people of this country. Those in power are trying to enact laws that further aid corporations to the detriment of our people and our society.

As an H1B worker, you have most likely been a beneficary of this unholy alliance. However, if you do end up staying here permanently and becoming a citizen, you could eventually be harmed by these very same policies.

I am mostly upset with our government and its ties to big business for putting US citizens, legal & illegals in this mess.If our laws were being enforced,which most americans have wrongly TRUSTED our government to do,we would not have to defend ourselves and be called racist for doing so.

I get upset with Illegals and would be legals who bring lawsuit after lawsuit against our government which GUESS WHO has to pay if our government looses. This alone causes tension bbetween Immigrants and citizens.

Wouldn't you be upset ?

It is nothing personal,I have friends of many races.I and most americans are feedup with our government and we know our way of life and our souvereinty is in jeapordy. Immigration is just one aspect of the total picture.

Peace to you too and maybe someday you will understand.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

I seem to remember when Sona Shah, a citizen, called on job openings in front of a congressional committee, and was turned down flat because she wasn't on an H-1B. I've seen seen a few other cases when someone got their green card and all of a sudden couldn't get work. That came as a surprise to them. What can I say but, 'welcome to America.'
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot

It is nothing personal,I have friends of many races.
    Believe me, they know this, otherwise they wouldn't want to come here.

Good point nntrixe but still I needed to make it clear it is not about race for most of us.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Here's what our little "friend" thinks of us Alipacers. He is delusional.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showt ... post114578

Today, 02:05 PM
    chanduv23
    Senior Member Join Date: May 2006
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been on the alipac forum today and have been discussing with those people.

What I figured, is, they don't seem to represent mainstream ideas. They are hijacked by anti immigrant sentiments and have mastered the process of jaming the phone lines of their politicians.

Politicians have started taking these views at face values and these are impacting us big time.

It is just not alipac but all these hate immigrant groups have tons of members who reach out to tyheir politicians and express their views.

Policticians are very sensitive when it comes to voting public. Now that these groups have mastered the art of influencing politicians, the politicians are going to give us tough time to satisfy them.

From what I understand, thoiugh politicians give us tough time, I think they do know reality and will definitely have a weorkaround (my view).

Lot of people think that these groups must not be taken seriously. it is worng, it is these groups that are jamming their congressmen's lines and spreading their views.

Most of these groups scan IV and get fodder for their propoganda.

Here, the way it looks is that these people will do anything to slow down our process and make it difficult for us.

Thanks for all your replies, this is very encouraging. This changes a lot of my perception.

It looks to me that there are issues at every levels. And these must definitely be sorted out.

yes, we do have a lot of issues that affect us, so do you - a lot of issues that affect you.

Some way or the other due to lack of transperancy from agencies and the grey areas in policies, leads for different interpretations.

Someone who comes from a different country legally, comes to the united States, loves this place because this is still one of the best places in the world.

We, went through a lot of stress and trouble, and our path has never been easy.

The way you see corporates and the way we see corporates may be different, but it is harming both the sides. You percieve it as corporates replacing you by us, we percieve as corporates taking advantage of us by showing the carrots of fulfilling the American dream. This is obvious of their intentions that they work around laws. In corporate culture there is something called Legal Avoidance. The case Betsy mentioned about Sona Shah that happened at ADP is a good example of this concept called legal avoidance.

Now, when you put political pressure on politicians, what is happening is, they are not able to punish these corproates, because these corporates are abiding by the laws (legal avoidance) , as we all know politicians and corporates go hand in hand, and what they do is, to make you happy, they utilize media to and people like Lou Dobbs who spreads hate propoganda and screw us further for no fault of ours.

Remember - their intention is to just satisfy you in whatever way they can and make you happy, their implementation may not be the best way to do it - the recent visa bulletin fiasco explains how best they could screw up a govt organization's policies due to political pressure.

we, just like you, are for a fair and clear immigration policy. Immigration Voice never encouraged or recognized unscroupolous employers or lawyers, in fact the organization members have always directed fellow immigrants with agency contacts and legal help when they need so. We do not encourage those who break laws or encourage people how to circumvent laws or utilize loopholes.

Those who broke laws or rules or misrepresented facts, never want to come out of their shadows and based on my experience, we could never identify such members actively participating in campaigns to help themselves.

Once again, I thank you all for sharing excellent views and I now feel more welcome here .

Your efforts to punish unscroplous employers or law breakers is actually sending a wrong signal to your law makers, they are screwing us instead of screwing the wrong doers.

As, I have been in the h1b community for a long time and interacted with a lot of people, as far as I know, not a lot of H1b who is intelligent and hard working and skilled, overstay their visas. Those who over stay are those who get a job and then lose the job but could not find a new job and do not want to go back, such cases are there, but they do not apply to every h1b.

There is no need for a h1b to overstay the visa. Jobs are not that difficult, especially if you are into IT, and if you have the talent and skills.

God bless you all, let us all work towards a fair and transperant immigration system that brings fairness to American citizens and gives everyone clarity so that perceptions do not turn into hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    Here's what our little "friend" thinks of us Alipacers. He is delusional.

Today, 02:05 PM
    chanduv23
    Senior Member Join Date: May 2006
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been on the alipac forum today and have been discussing with those people.

What I figured, is, they don't seem to represent mainstream ideas. They are hijacked by anti immigrant sentiments and have mastered the process of jaming the phone lines of their politicians.

Politicians have started taking these views at face values and these are impacting us big time.

It is just not alipac but all these hate immigrant groups have tons of members who reach out to tyheir politicians and express their views.

Policticians are very sensitive when it comes to voting public. Now that these groups have mastered the art of influencing politicians, the politicians are going to give us tough time to satisfy them.

From what I understand, thoiugh politicians give us tough time, I think they do know reality and will definitely have a weorkaround (my view).

Lot of people think that these groups must not be taken seriously. it is worng, it is these groups that are jamming their congressmen's lines and spreading their views.

Most of these groups scan IV and get fodder for their propoganda.

Here, the way it looks is that these people will do anything to slow down our process and make it difficult for us.
    Whatever you think I am. As long as you understand where we are coming from and our views. In my recent post, I did clear up a lot of things with you and did let you know how your campaigns against those who break thge law directly impacts those who abide by the law.

Banned
    God bless you all, let us all work towards a fair and transperant immigration system that brings fairness to American citizens and gives everyone clarity so that perceptions do not turn into hatred.
    The problem here is that our definitions of 'fairness' differ. You and those who you represent seem to think that our system would be fair only if we admit an unlimited number of H1B workers. We on the other hand believe that the needs of Americans should come first and the admittance of foreign workers should be limited and based on proven need, not trumped up need (as per Bill Gates).

In my recent post, I did clear up a lot of things with you and did let you know how your campaigns against those who break thge law directly impacts those who abide by the law.
    The reality is that corporate greed is driving both illegal and out-of-control legal immigration - in this respect these cannot be separated. Both are problems, though the issues surrounding each are different. I go back to the contention that it is our right to insist that our leaders enact policies that benefit the citizens of this country, not those who wish to come here.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast