Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Indisputable points in the immigration debate (Tom Brokaw

Well Brokaw some of them are very disputable! Once again the media stating falsehoods as fact.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16318369/

Indisputable points in the immigration debate (Tom Brokaw, NBC News)

In our report on illegal immigration Tuesday night, December 26, at 8 p.m. on NBC, "Tom Brokaw Reports: In the Shadow of the American Dream," several points are indisputable:

1. In many parts of the country immigrants are doing the work Americans no longer want to do, especially the hard work of manual labor at construction sites.
    2. In our reporting we discovered that most of them are paid a fair wage — $14.00 an hour for an entry level construction job, and that they are paying state and federal taxes through withholding. (Sure, some employers pay cash off the books but most we encountered are trying to play by the rules).
    3. While local residents are conflicted about the spreading Hispanic culture - language and music - they agree the immigrants are very hard workers and in general have good family values.
    4. But it is also clear the immigrants are straining the public and health systems without paying their fair share.
    5. They live in over-crowed, often sub-standard housing in clear violation of local laws.
    6. They're brazen about acquiring forged documents - from Social Security cards to driver's licenses — to get work.
    7. And, most important, this complicated problem won't be solved until Mexico becomes a reliable partner in improving its own economy and enforcing the rules at its border.

We can build a high fence, send illegals back, crack down on employers and it won't end because it is about survival and a piece of the American dream, a powerful lure for immigrants from all over the world for 200 years.

It is a growing problem and it requires urgent action in Congress because in the meantime all the pressure is on local law enforcement, school and health administrators and employers.

A sovereign nation must have control of its borders and a great nation must have a systematic, legal way of filling its labor needs.

i don't agree with a couple of his 'indisputable' points.

#1 i personally know several construction people that aren't afraid of hard work. but the lure of cheap labor is to great for the contractors and i have met several contrators that openly admit to cash paychecks to illegals "we all do it". i get the feeling it is so wide spread that it is no longer something you admit to.

#3 everyone i know is not conflicted with the forced loss of our culture, haven't met anyone yet who wasn't offended by it to some degree.
    family value in illegals... is that why aids is becoming a major health crisis in the illegal communities?

I'm with you LP.

1. ...are doing the work Americans no longer want to do...
    That's right they are no longer doing them because the illegal aliens have driven them out of their jobs.

2. In our reporting ...they are paying state and federal taxes through withholding. (Sure, some employers pay cash off the books but most we encountered are trying to play by the rules).
    This is just reporting, not investigative reporting. Sure, they are paying taxes. That's what the illegals "told them" and we know how honest illegal aliens are.

This should be three subjects.
    3. While local residents are conflicted about the spreading Hispanic culture - language and music -
    they agree the immigrants are very hard workers and in general have good family values.
    I disagree. They don't work any harder than Americans. They may or may not have good family values because there is a high incidence of family/domestic violence amongst illegal immigrants. The wives don't report them, so they don't get deported. Also, illegal alien parents have taught their children how to be dishonest and how lie to the government, employers..., how to pass fraudulent documents... Yea, that's some good old moral and ethical family values.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    FYI, Tom Brokaw is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. Given this, I have a hard time imagining that he could be impartial on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    FYI, Tom Brokaw is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
    As are most major reporters.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    FYI, Tom Brokaw is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
    And what is so sad is that he wrote that book on this country's "greatest generation" who sacrificed so much during WWII. Does he really buy into this globalism, one-world-order, end-of-america crap?