Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Inside Story - Cornyn and McCain

May 20, 2007

The inside story

The eruption of Senator John McCain at fellow Republican Sen. John Cornyn (TX) is an incident that reverberates on several levels. It renews lingering doubts about whether Senator McCain possesses the proper temperament to be president. It also raises serious questions about the substance of the "grand bargain" immigration bill that Senators Kennedy, Specter, McCain and others are attempting to rush through the Senate. (The written bill language was finally distributed to Senate offices early Saturday morning, 326 pages, still marked as a draft.)

When word of the McCain incident began to leak late Friday, we found Senate offices circling the wagons, trying to avoid talking about it. We believe that accounts published to date fail to provide the context necessary to understand the incident properly. We have pieced together the following account that we believe more accurately relates the incident and provides the necessary context.

Senator McCain has been largely missing from the Senate since late March, when it became apparent his fundraising operation was seriously lagging. Senator McCain hasn’t made a Senate vote in the past five weeks. But he wanted to be front and center when the immigration bargain was announced, and Kennedy and Specter did everything they could to accommodate him. They reserved the Senate press gallery room for 1:30 p.m. Thursday, just in time for Senator McCain to attend before heading out to New York for more fundraising.

A minor problem arose. Bush administration negotiators and a bipartisan Senate group had been meeting several days a week since February, often with glacial progress. (McCain rarely attended, though his staff was there.) As of Thursday morning, however, agreement hadn’t been reached. A final meeting started at 10 a.m. in hopes of finishing the deal. With a dozen Senators, two Cabinet members (Chertoff and Gutierrez) and perhaps 15 staffers in the room discussing an unpublished documents exceeding 300 pages in length, it was slow going. Senator Cornyn, tacitly supported by Sen. Jon Kyl, pushed hard to streamline legal procedures to allow prompt deportation of illegals. Senator Kennedy resisted.

As the clock moved closer to 1:30 p.m., Senator McCain suddenly lost it. "This is chickenshit," he told Senator Cornyn. "I think it would expedite things if you would just leave the room, Senator, so we can get along with finishing this up." Senator Cornyn responded: "Wait a minute. We’ve been meeting for three months on this in good faith, and now you parachute in here this morning and tell me to leave? I think you’re out of line."

Senator McCain responded: "F*** you! I know what is going on here. I know more about immigration than anybody in this room!â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hmmm ... and the plot thickens.

The bill's a pile of poop no matter what it says .. it's entire Reason to Be is to do the opposite of what Americans want to occur.

KILL THE BILL!

Then Fire the people who wasted our time and money on this Treasonous Farce.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think it just illustrates the fact that McCain is not presidential material.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

MW
    I don't think real highly of Sen. Cornyn, but I have to give him credit for attempting to strengthen the security and enforcement aspects of the bill.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This loser doesn't deserve a vote. I'm voting 3rd party before McCain or Giuliani get my vote.
    To think he served in the armed forces and now he's such a traitor. It's hard to believe that he'd fight to weaken enforcement of this bill. Can you imagine that he would do that to this great country??? To me, that's treason. And this jack@ss is telling us he has changed his opinion on abortion, religion and such!! Yeah, I believe you. Rest assured this slimeball will never get in there. There's way too many people questioning him. When he was in Iowa, they hammered him on immigration. The people asking him weren't Alipacers either, they were Joe citizens. There's a lot more that don't like what they see in McLamebrain than us, that's for sure. He should save his money.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

FACT: Mccain was a TRAITOR while he was in the ARMED SERVICES!

surprising what a good publicist and PR firm can do with a FAKE "hero."

And Cornyn's ALWAYS supported AMNESTY and ALWAYS will.
    Strengthen the BILL? Huh? This is AMNESTY 200%.........what the hell is he 'strengthening?' There won't be anything to 'strengthen' if this piece of TREASON ever sees the light of day.

Cornyn is a LIAR & a TRAITOR and obviously one of the best B. S. artists that's hit the senate in recent history. Honed his skill well
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    2ndamendsis wrote:

Strengthen the BILL? Huh? This is AMNESTY 200%.........what the hell is he 'strengthening?' There won't be anything to 'strengthen' if this piece of TREASON ever sees the light of day.
    Why are you always so negative? For goodness sake, the man walked out of negotiations because he thought the bill lacked the strength necessary to work. Furthermore, Cornyn did vote no on S.2611 for the same reasons. Would it hurt you to give a little credit where it is due? I'm not defending the man, but I'm not above giving him credit for doing something right either.

For the record, I don't like the man much, but I'm eager to accept anything he's willing to give that could work out to our advantage. His walkout is to our benefit, and I can appreciate that.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    2ndamendsis wrote:

Why are you always so negative? For goodness sake, the man walked out of negotiations because he thought the bill lacked the strength necessary to work. Furthermore, Cornyn did vote no on S.2611 for the same reasons. Would it hurt you to give a little credit where it is due? I'm not defending the man, but I'm not above giving him credit for doing something right either.

For the record, I don't like the man much, but I'm eager to accept anything he's willing to give that could work out to our advantage. His walkout is to our benefit, and I can appreciate that.
    Negative? I'm sorry. Did I offend you by speaking the truth?
    Not my intention.

Understanding and KNOWING the TRUTH is how we win this critical battle.
    It's by no means "negative"...........I'm a pretty optimistic gal actually.

Would you rather live in la la land and let this one slip by you again?
    That's not very smart, imho. That's how we got into this ugly situation in the first place. Sugar coating the crap & lies. Does that make it go down easier?

Making the same mistakes over and over is simply SUICIDE & INSANITY.

Learning from our experiences and putting our knowledge to use is where this game is at.

Sooooooo, you can certainly call Cornyn and tell him to VOTE YES For Cloture and ATTA BOY, you're a special guy..........but I will be doing the exact opposite as I know him for what he is..........A TRAITOR to our Constitution and the American people.

VOTE NO for CLOTURE!! Or commit POLITICAL SUICIDE

Oh, hey Cornyn...........WHERE'S THE DAMNED FENCE?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    MW wrote:

[quote:3uqs4txt]2ndamendsis wrote:

Quote:

For the record, I don't like the man much, but I'm eage to accept anything he's willing to give that could work out to our advantage. His walkout is to our benefit, and I can appreciate that.[/quote:3uqs4txt]

MW, you want to hear negativity, let me give you my opinion--this was probably staged or exaggerated to give Cornyn cover!!! He's a traitor...period!

Shoot, I forgot!

Cornyn was in the SECRET NEGOTIATIONS, lol.

What a patriot! What a man!! What a senator!!!

SECRET FREAKING NEGOTIATIONS...........now that's what I call stabbing the American people in their collective guts

But, hey.........give the ass credit. He TRIED to STRENGTHEN something or other that doesn't mean a hill of beans when one sees the actual big picture

Every one of these TRAITORS, if not a TRAITOR, should have stood in front of a microphone and shouted from the tree tops..........AMERICANS, YOUR COUNTRY IS BEING SOLD OUT ---- WAKE UP AMERICANS!!!!! YOU can STOP this!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast