Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    SIS wrote:
    Cornyn was in the SECRET NEGOTIATIONS, lol.
    Right, right great, honest American here---NOT!!!! Why in the world would he participate in this treasonous deal????

MW
    2ndamendsis wrote:

Sooooooo, you can certainly call Cornyn and tell him to VOTE YES For Cloture and ATTA BOY, you're a special guy..........
    What in the world are you talking about? Cornyn is not going to vote "yes" for cloture and why would I call to encourage him to do so? Your comment makes no sense, because you know good and well what I stand for and what my position is regarding this issue. Attempting to paint me as someone that admires Cornyn won't work. With that said, I am not above giving credit where credit is due. This is a complex issue, and unfortunately it'll never be packaged up as tidy as we'd like it. I'm all for anything that works to our advantage (no matter how small or insignificant) - Cornyn walking out of the negotiations is to our advantage because that means he is displeased with the bill and probably won't support it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Did Cornyn say he was VOTING NO for CLOTURE?

Why would he do that? Sure HOPE HE VOTES NO.
    We need 40 NO's to stop this Treason!

Is that what his office told you? Did he make a press release committing to a NO Vote?

If this is the case, we need to know asap.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    MW wrote:
    What in the world are you talking about? Cornyn is not going to vote "yes" for cloture
    Wanna bet??? He either vote 'yes' or take the McCain chicken way out and abstain!

MW
    2ndamendsis wrote:

Did Cornyn say he was VOTING NO for CLOTURE?

Why would he do that? Sure HOPE HE VOTES NO.
    We need 40 NO's to stop this Treason!

Is that what his office told you? Did he make a press release committing to a NO Vote?

If this is the case, we need to know asap.
    Plain old ordinary common sense tells me he'll will vote no. Cloture will limit debate on the bill and something tells me that's not what he wants. We all know he isn't happy with the bill as written and he has said as much.

Read between the lines:

Excerpt:

[quote]“While I appreciate the hard work by my colleagues as we spent countless hours negotiating this very difficult issue, I have serious concerns with the principles outlined in today’s announcement.

“I simply cannot, and will not, support any legislation that repeats the mistakes of the 1986 amnesty. So we have to make a basic determination: Will this bill restore respect for our laws? Or will it have the opposite effect, and encourage still more disregard for our immigration and border security laws, placing us within a few years in the same untenable position we’re now in?â€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    olivermyboywrote:

MW wrote:
    Quote:
    What in the world are you talking about? Cornyn is not going to vote "yes" for cloture

Wanna bet??? He either vote 'yes' or take the McCain chicken way out and abstain!
    Pure and simple, I don't think he'll vote for cloture. If you think you have a better read on him than I do, we'll see.

[quote]Until I have the opportunity to review this text, I will withhold from making more detailed comments. Clearly, however, there will be an opportunity to introduce amendments to this legislation, and I expect there will be a number of areas where that will be necessary.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

...doubts about whether Senator McCain possesses the proper temperament to be president.
    Oh this really makes me laugh! Bush is a hot head and he flings the F-Bomb.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    ...doubts about whether Senator McCain possesses the proper temperament to be president.
    Oh this really makes me laugh! Bush is a hot head and he flings the F-Bomb.

Dixie
    one thing bush never did was to VERBALLY ATTACK THE POW FAMILIES ON THE CAPITAL STEPS

apples and oranges

mccain is INSANE

Even more appallingly, Reid wants to hold the crucial "cloture" vote to shut off the possibility of a filibuster, the best chance to derail it, on Monday, May 21!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12