Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Internment of undocumented immigrants to begin

There's more info and a photo of the facility in the article, click on the link.

http://migramatters.blogspot.com/2006/0 ... rants.html

by Duke1676

On Tuesday, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff announced that DHS would be opening detention facilities in the next few weeks to house thousands of Chinese immigrants who have been denied immigration to the United States, yet were refused readmission by the Chinese government. Currently there are an estimated 39,000 undocumented immigrants caught in this diplomatic limbo, but if the more punitive immigration legislation passed in the House back in December, and now being debated in the Senate, was to become law perhaps millions more would join them.

The Department of Homeland Security's decision to end the "catch and release" immigration policy by Oct.1 comes on the heels of last month's announcement by the Army Corps of Engineers that a $385 million contract had been awarded to Halliburton subsidiary Kellogg Root and Brown to build "temporary immigration detention facilities".

Ahhh, Halliburton, sound familiar

Yes---familiar indeed.

At least we'll start seeing the benefits of our industrious little friends at Halliburton's subsidiary---they have put in long hours learning battle-zone security and construction/containment techniques. Who said the war in Iraq doesn't have a positive side.

As a matter of fact---once the U.S. leaves the Iraq mess, there will be all sorts of personnel and camps that can be transported here and RECYCLED---FANTASTIC - LET'S GO! It sounds like there are at least 12 million that are in desperate need of new temporary housing!
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

I hope those Chinese find a way to become Citizens. Many of them truly are refugees. I heard on some reports that there are 7 million out of work farm workers over there. Oh my!!
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Wal Mart!

They can have them all be housed by Wal-Mart!!!

I read that Wal Mart was planning to hire 150,000 Chinese workers for their store expansions in China.

So....we could have Wal Mart temporarily house them on the Walton Family estate in Arkansas! Then, when empty trucks go back to their distribution Centers, these centers could distribute the Illegals back to Long Beach---where they could catch all of those empty ocean going cargo ships meandering back to the Chinese mainland.

OH BOY OH BOYOBOY!
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

i agree

i agree with letting the chinese stay...they are a mostly honorable people.....however....get rid of the life sucking,fake American wannabee mexicans! we REALLY dont want them here!

You know it's interesting, I picked the part of town I live in because of the ethnic and cultural diversity. I do believe that some diversity is good as long as you do not have to sacrifice your values.

Anyway... I really enjoy the people from Africa, Europe, East and West Asia, etc. Of course these people are being pushed out by illegals from Central America.

I'm afraid the Chinese will not get the special treatment the Central Americans are getting. Hopefully they will give them some type of refugee status.

My town has a lot of Iraqi refugees and these people are just fantastic. They love this country and they have the most interesting stories to share.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

IL: "The Most Corrupt State in The Country outside of Mexico"
    I find it hilarious how they are so worried about all these Chinese, but they let all the illegals run wild in our streets. What's wrong with this picture?

Some people were saying how Vincent Fox has naked pictures of Jorge Bush making love to chiwawas in Mexico. Maybe he does, or, maybe this has something to do with Mexican Oil.

Jorge Bush is just addicted to oil isn't he? It's like black, crack cocaine up his {MOD EDIT}
    Poor Jorge, he just can't help himself can he?
    "IMPEACH JORGE BUSH NOW!!"

Halliburton

4/28/06

It makes alot sense to see that Halliburton will be involved, they will build what ever they need and the American People will pay for it. It's just amazing to me, they should both be fired, Bush and Chenney, I cannot stand the smerk on Bush when he spaks, I cannot stand the way the man walks, he walks like he has a Brass pair, and from what I see he is a fake and an embarrassment to this Country for what he's done to it. It's such a shame to see one of the greatest Countries wilt away a little at a time.

Sorry
    and thanks
    SusieC