Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kevinssdad
  • 1 Post By MW

Thread: Iowa business leaders seek to influence immigration in 2016

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

  1. #1
    Senior Member JohnDoe2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    PARADISE (San Diego)
    Posts
    99,040

    Iowa business leaders seek to influence immigration in 2016

    Iowa business leaders seek to influence immigration in 2016

    Josh Hafner, jhafner@dmreg.com 2:02 p.m. CDT May 22, 2015


    (Photo: The Register)


    A new group of Republican business leaders seeks to push presidential candidates toward “a realistic solution” on immigration reform, pointing toward immigration’s economic heft in the state.

    The Iowa Alliance of Growth “provide a platform for these candidates to discuss their plans for reforming our broken immigration system,” according to a statement.


    Jon Troen, president of Des Moines’ Mittera Group, said the “ultimate goal is to encourage GOP presidential candidates to present a thoughtful and detailed solution to fix our broken immigration laws.”


    Specifically, the group hopes to push candidates to address three specific topics: securing the border, visas and guest-worker programs, and a framework allowing “the 11.5 million immigrants currently living in the U.S. illegally to come out of the shadows and get right with the law.”

    http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...tion/27789901/

    NO AMNESTY

    Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.


    Sign in and post comments here.

    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,185
    OK, ladies and gentlemen, please explain how this suggests that republicans want to wrest justice upon aliens due to respect for the unemployed American! Yes, trust a republican and this is what is coming, I promise. Remember the election of 2014!!!!!

    GRRRR! GRRRRRR.
    Newmexican likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,883
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Iowa business leaders seek to influence immigration in 2016

    Josh Hafner, jhafner@dmreg.com 2:02 p.m. CDT May 22, 2015


    (Photo: The Register)


    A new group of Republican business leaders seeks to push presidential candidates toward “a realistic solution” on immigration reform, pointing toward immigration’s economic heft in the state.

    The Iowa Alliance of Growth “provide a platform for these candidates to discuss their plans for reforming our broken immigration system,” according to a statement.


    Jon Troen, president of Des Moines’ Mittera Group, said the “ultimate goal is to encourage GOP presidential candidates to present a thoughtful and detailed solution to fix our broken immigration laws.”


    Specifically, the group hopes to push candidates to address three specific topics: securing the border, visas and guest-worker programs, and a framework allowing “the 11.5 million immigrants currently living in the U.S. illegally to come out of the shadows and get right with the law.”

    http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...tion/27789901/

    The businesses behind this are the illegal employers of illegal aliens trying to get from Republicans what they've been getting from Democrats, the "opportunity" to line their pockets in black market illegal operations violating US immigration, US labor and US civil rights laws. They do not speak for American Voters, American Workers or American Citizens. Just vote against any candidate that should foolishly adopt their "platform".
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    The businesses behind this are the illegal employers of illegal aliens trying to get from Republicans what they've been getting from Democrats, the "opportunity" to line their pockets in black market illegal operations violating US immigration, US labor and US civil rights laws. They do not speak for American Voters, American Workers or American Citizens. Just vote against any candidate that should foolishly adopt their "platform".
    I wonder how many employers are employing aliens? I wonder how many aliens are employed by republicans? I wonder if it is still true that most businesses are operated and owned by republicans?

  5. #5
    MW
    MW is offline
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,716
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    I wonder how many employers are employing aliens? I wonder how many aliens are employed by republicans? I wonder if it is still true that most businesses are operated and owned by republicans?
    I wonder how many employers are employing aliens?
    I don't see how anyone can honestly know the answer to that.

    I wonder how many aliens are employed by republicans?
    Same answer as above.

    I wonder if it is still true that most businesses are operated and owned by republicans?

    Excerpt:

    While the survey suggests small-business owners are more likely to consider themselves Republicans, 82 percent of those surveyed said they don’t vote straight party lines, the NSBA reports:

    Seventy-seven percent of Republicans report voting independent occasionally while 70 percent of Democrats report the same. More than half of Republicans (56 percent) report they vote for Democrats occasionally or regularly and 58 percent of Democrats report they vote for Republicans occasionally or regularly.
    https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...with-the-most/
    kevinssdad likes this.

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  6. #6
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,883
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    I wonder how many employers are employing aliens? I wonder how many aliens are employed by republicans? I wonder if it is still true that most businesses are operated and owned by republicans?
    http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...o-a-republican

    About 38 percent of small-business owners say they are Republican, compared with 30 percent Democrat and 25 percent independent, according to a nationwide survey released in August by Yahoo and Ipsos MediaCT. (Small business was defined as firms with up to 100 employees.)


    A July poll by Gallup showed 59 percent of business owners (not necessarily small-business owners) disapproved of President Barack Obama's job performance. More than half the owners surveyed identified themselves as Republicans or right-leaning independents, while 32 percent were Democrats or left-leaning independents.
    This indicates that 38% of small businesses are Republican, compared to the majority being something else, either Democrat or Independent, etc. and when you add big business, into the fray, more than half are either Republican or "right-leaning Independents".

    So from this article, most businesses, small or small and large are not Republican, they are something else.

    http://www.bizjournals.com/bizjourna...wners-but.html

    That’s one takeaway from an online survey of more than 1,800 small business owners conducted by the National Small Business Association. This organization isn’t associated with a particular political party, unlike the Republican-oriented National Federation of Independent Business or Small Business Majority, a reliable ally of Democrats. So it has no reason to skew its findings one way or the other.



    When asked for their political party affiliation, 39 percent of the small business owners surveyed said Republican, 29 percent said independent and 22 percent said Democratic. The Tea Party was named by 5 percent and the Libertarian Party was named by 3 percent.

    But more than 80 percent said they don’t vote a straight-party ticket, and economic and fiscal issues are more important than social issues or foreign affairs/national security issues in determining how they vote.


    The survey found growing dissatisfaction with both the Republican and Democratic parties. When asked which party best represents you as an individual, 40 percent said neither party, compared with 38 percent for Republicans and 23 percent for Democrats. In 2012, 56 percent said Republicans.
    So this article seems to indicate about the same. Republicans at around that 40% with the other 60% split amongst Democrats and Independents, etc.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Newmexican's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    36,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    The businesses behind this are the illegal employers of illegal aliens trying to get from Republicans what they've been getting from Democrats, the "opportunity" to line their pockets in black market illegal operations violating US immigration, US labor and US civil rights laws. They do not speak for American Voters, American Workers or American Citizens. Just vote against any candidate that should foolishly adopt their "platform".
    I wonder if they are all members of the US Chamber of Commerce...

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    OK, ladies and gentlemen, please explain how this suggests that republicans want to wrest justice upon aliens due to respect for the unemployed American! Yes, trust a republican and this is what is coming, I promise. Remember the election of 2014!!!!!

    GRRRR! GRRRRRR.
    Thank you all for responding. Paying attention to platforms is difficult to believe in. The republicans have offered NO EFFORT in accomplishing what they ran on in 2014. Hence, it is better to vote on past positive performance than promises and rhetoric. That will demand no thank you to democrats and republicans!

Similar Threads

  1. U.S. business leader remains confident Boehner will seek immigration reform
    By Jean in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-18-2013, 01:36 PM
  2. OK: business leaders want immigration law reconsidered
    By zeezil in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 11:09 PM
  3. AZ: Business leaders take aim at new immigration law
    By CitizenBob in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 08:11 PM
  4. Iowa poll at 2% for Tancredo, but may influence GOP
    By Kate in forum Polls & Surveys About Illegal Immigration
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 06:07 PM
  5. Labor Groups, Business Seek Immigration Law Overhaul
    By Kate in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 10:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •