Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Israel may help build US border wall

Thursday, Aug. 24, 2006 11:22 a.m. EDT
    Israel May Help Build U.S. Border Wall

An Israeli company that helped build a border wall in the Middle East is reportedly bidding for the rights to help the United States secure its borders with Canada and Mexico.

Elbit, Israel's largest privately held defense contractor, declined to comment in Tel Aviv, saying it does not announce when it or any of its units is bidding for a particular contract.

But a senior official at Elbit Systems of America was quoted in an interview with the New Hampshire Union Leader as saying that its unit Kollsman, a maker of surveillance technology, was part of the bidding group.

The paper said the contract being bid for by the Boeing-led group was called the Secure Borders Initiative Program, a plan to secure America's borders and reduce illegal immigration by integrating cameras and sensors with communications systems.

Story Continues Below

Elbit already provides border-control systems to Israel's military.

"Which country has the most secure border? It's Israel," Donald Goff, Elbit America vice president of government relations, told the newspaper.

Goff said Boeing selected Kollsman to be part of its team to provide detection and surveillance systems because of its record as a worldwide provider to commercial and military markets of advanced electro-optical and avionics systems.

"I know when Boeing was putting together a team, they knew us and felt comfortable with us," Goff said.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006 ... shtml?s=lh

I think Americans should be hired to build the fence!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Moosetracks,

I agree. Americans should be hired to build the fence. While I appreciate the advice Isreal can give us, it would benefit more Americans to have a good job at a descent wage to help build our border fence. We don't need anyone else to help build it. We have plenty of good Americans with plenty of 'know-how' to build our new fence.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.