Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Jeb Bush wants Rubio for VP

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jeb Bush wants Rubio for VP

Jeb Bush wants Rubio for VP

By BRENDAN FARRINGTON
    AP Political Writer

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush thinks Sen. Marco Rubio is ready to be vice president and he shared those thoughts with presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney, he said Wednesday.

Bush said he has been a huge fan of Rubio's for years and hopes that Romney chooses him. He said he made his pitch to Romney in a recent conversation, but the former Massachusetts governor didn't reveal which direction he was leaning. Bush said the choice is a personal one and respects Romney for keeping his thoughts close to his vest.

Romney has said he is considering Rubio, a freshman senator who was elected in 2010.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Bush also criticized President Barack Obama, saying he believes he has deliberately chosen to divide rather than lead as a campaign tactic.

"Finding solutions isn't the ultimate goal and this has been exacerbated by President Obama's unwillingess to lead on the big structural problems we face and he does it because I think he believes it's easier to win a close election by dividing rather than trying to find solutions," Bush said. "I think the next president should be focused on problem solving rather than making political points."

He criticized the lack of action on making changes to entitlement programs to address their rising costs, saying no proposals have been offered. And he used illegal immigration as an example of an issue that has gone unaddressed for political purposes.

When Democrats controlled the House and Senate during Obama's first two years in office, Obama could have more easily passed a plan to address illegal immigration than pass the health care overhaul, yet he did nothing, Bush said.

"They want to keep it alive so it keeps coming back," Bush said.

Bush, who left office in 2007 and remains influential in Florida politics, said he has done about six political events for Romney and has several more planned. He also has helped congressional candidates in California and New York, as well as Virginia Senate candidate George Allen.

But as far as his own political future, Bush said he has no thoughts of running for any office in the future, staying content discussing policy issues as a non-candidate.

And while the Republican National Convention will be in Tampa, he said he hasn't been invited to speak.

"I haven't even given it any thought to be honest with you. I'm not expecting to speak," Bush said, noting he did not speak at the GOP conventions when his brother, George W. Bush, was president or at all when he was governor. "I was a bigger dog back then, probably."

source: TALLAHASSEE, Fla.: Jeb Bush wants Rubio for VP - Florida Wires - MiamiHerald.com
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Headlines! "Jeb Bush wants Rubio for VP"

All the more reason to work against Marco Rubio everyday I say! Most Americans are smart enough to know that the entire Bush family are bunch of sellout traitors that have brought this country to its knees and screwed things up bad enough that a tyrant like Obama can come to power.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    Headlines! "Jeb Bush wants Rubio for VP"

All the more reason to work against Marco Rubio everyday I say! Most Americans are smart enough to know that the entire Bush family are bunch of sellout traitors that have brought this country to its knees and screwed things up bad enough that a tyrant like Obama can come to power.

W
    Bingo,Rino's have a strong love for another Rino.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Does nobody care about the Constitution??????????

Rubio is NOT a Natural Born Citizen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    When they constantly call for donations for Romney...I tell them I will NOT give them a penny until he announces his VP....and then I tell them if he picks Rubio or Jindal....I might not even vote....cause I will NOT vote for an illegal ticket
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If the GOP had any sense at all they would avoid the Bush name completely as it is poison to this campaign. Of course we all know either they are just plain dumb or are throwing this presidential race deliberately. Romney is the absolute worst choice they could have come up with. Evidently he is the only one they are sure they can totally control. The man comes off as a dumb jerk. They should keep him overseas and off the air waves. The more he talks, the worse he sounds. Obama makes him sould like a clown.

I second that. Bush is a Mexicophile.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    If anyone in the GOP thinks Jeb Bush is a Rock Star in the Republican Party

I invite you to come on down to Florida and see what Jeb "Hurricane Katrinia" Bush and Charlie "I take it in the backside" Crist did to this formerly great state

Your state maybe in a Recession

FLORIDA is in a DEPRESSION

Crime is going through the ceiling and we are now a 3rd world state in a fastly becoming 3rd world country

these FOOLS do not follow the constitution so in their minds Rubio fits the bill

oooooh Hell "NO YOU DON't Mister"

Come On Down and check it out

Dubyah Bush gutted this country while his brother was busy taking out Florida

if you follow Jeb I am getting the hell away from you
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)